PDA

View Full Version : Corey Deuel, a sensitive subject... *DELETED*

tateuts
06-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Post deleted by tateuts

nAz
06-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Bahahaha I think they mean his Road Partner.

then again what do i know. maybe its gay love /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

PoolChick02
06-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Ok, I don't know Corey personally or anything but I do not think this is true. I have seen him at tournaments and to my knowledge he has a girlfriend. I saw the girl and heard many of his friends refer to her as his girlfriend. How recent was that tape? What did the commentary actually say? Maybe "partner" meant "road buddy." So, I think you should delete your post.

PQQLK9
06-06-2003, 10:54 PM
As Redd Foxx once said "Nobody knows when the doors are closed" /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hopster
06-06-2003, 11:28 PM
They introduce him as Corey's "partner". Hey, I could be completely off base, and it's really none of my business, but the commentary seemed to indicate that Corey is publicly gay.<--Tateuts

You never heard a guy refer to another guy as his partner before ??
Heres what you do, next time you are at a match and hes playing, go up to him and ask him.

06-07-2003, 07:12 AM
Hate to tell ya guys but Corey is a pimp. He gets more women than all of us put together. If you say he is gay that is because you are jealous. You have a pool cue in one hand, and a time card in the other, a screaming wife and screaming kids. You walk around sleepin, pissed off at the world and all you can do is talkjack about champions when they are not around.
This message board is all you have bud.hate to tell ya. Nighty Night.
Back to sleep lil doggies.
The truth is a searing hot razor, bud.

tateuts
06-07-2003, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote otto:</font><hr> Hate to tell ya guys but Corey is a pimp. He gets more women than all of us put together. If you say he is gay that is because you are jealous. You have a pool cue in one hand, and a time card in the other, a screaming wife and screaming kids. You walk around sleepin, pissed off at the world and all you can do is talkjack about champions when they are not around.
This message board is all you have bud.hate to tell ya. Nighty Night.
Back to sleep lil doggies.
The truth is a searing hot razor, bud. <hr /></blockquote>

I did not at all say Corey was gay. I was commenting about a broadcast that seemed (apparently incorrectly) to indicate he was, when they kept referring to his friend, Vince, as his "partner" in the audience rooting for him. Since I deleted the original post before you responded, which is what I said I would do if that was not the case, you couldn't know enough about what I wrote to intelligently respond.

So who's talkin jack, Otto? Brave stuff to say when we're not face to face with me, too. I suggest you sober up a little before you start writing your ignorant "truths", bud.

Qtec
06-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Are you MOUKHTAR?????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you were twice as intelligent you would be a MORON. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
06-07-2003, 11:49 AM
It is interesting that is the first thing that came into your mind. My first thought would be, they are business partners.

tateuts
06-07-2003, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> It is interesting that is the first thing that came into your mind. My first thought would be, they are business partners. <hr /></blockquote>

Obviously the commentator was referring to Vince as Corey's "partner" meaning buddy.

Well, I think it is a sign of the times that this term can now easily be misconstrued. Here in California, especially San Francisco and Los Angeles, there are a lot of open gay and lesbian relationships, so it's a lot more prevalent than in other parts of the country. It is kind of shocking to see boys walking down the street holding hands, young girls kissing, etc. But we see it all the time, and the gay couples usually refer to their mates as "partners". So, we're kind of conditioned to it. I had a male employee who started signing his letters with his "husband's" last name!This tape was from the WPC in Ireland, 2000, semi-finals. I simply wondered if this were the case with Corey, and if he chose to make his lifestyle public.

What I think is interesting is the reaction of some of these macho meatheads! It's like, "my hero couldn't be gay!"

tateuts
06-07-2003, 01:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Are you MOUKHTAR?????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you were twice as intelligent you would be a MORON. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec - may I suggest that get yourself a real stick, or a real job to pay for it.

Addionally, it would behoove you to begin and end each sentence with the word "DUH", which is commensurate to your writing and reasoning ability.

Chris

Qtec
06-07-2003, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Addionally, it would behoove you to begin and end each sentence with the word "DUH", which is commensurate to your writing and reasoning ability.

Chris <hr /></blockquote> Before you you start insulting me BUDDY,CHECK YOUR SPELLING . ""O WISE ONE ,PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ''ADDIONALY'' MEANS.""

Q

Q&lt;--guys probably having a bad hair day.

Q&lt;-- Ass---E /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

tateuts
06-07-2003, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

Chris <hr /></blockquote> Before you you start insulting me BUDDY,CHECK YOUR SPELLING . ""O WISE ONE ,PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ''ADDIONALY'' MEANS.""

Q

Q&lt;--guys probably having a bad hair day.

Q&lt;-- Ass---E /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Perhaps I misunderstood your previous insult to me, which seemed to happen just right before mine happened to you. What a coincidence!

Qtec
06-07-2003, 02:47 PM
I didnt reply to your post. I replied to Otto.

I drew the similarity between Otto and Moukhtar because they both became insulting after a few posts.There was also a little sarcasm there as well. You missed it.

I called him a moron because of his marketing strategy. Insulting potential customers is not a good idea .

Do you now understand ? Is there no logic in my statements?

I can only speak for myself when i say ,

"Even if the guy is gay, what F--K has that got to do with you?"

METHINKS---Were you asking or were you hoping ?

Qtec /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sparky
06-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Why is everyone always so damn argumentative on this board? Most of you sound like unintelligent morons. I thought this board was a place where you could get valuable information regarding billiards/pool. I guess I was wrong. Everyone is always arguing here. It's like this, "Here is my opinion. Well, here is my opinion. Well, who cares about your opinion because my opinion is the correct one. No, mine is. No, mine is. I am right. No, I am right." Enough is enough! Knock the [censored] off! Personally, I am getting sick of this crap. I didn't join this board to listen to everyone argue all the time. Most of you find joy in cutting other people down all the time. The people that do that are no better than the people they are cutting down.

Does anyone really care if Corey Deuel is gay? I know I don't. If he is, big deal. If he's not, big deal. It is his choice. I am not gay, but I have a few gay friends. Personally, I find nothing wrong with gay people.

tateuts
06-07-2003, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I didnt reply to your post. I replied to Otto.

I drew the similarity between Otto and Moukhtar because they both became insulting after a few posts.There was also a little sarcasm there as well. You missed it.

I called him a moron because of his marketing strategy. Insulting potential customers is not a good idea .

Do you now understand ? Is there no logic in my statements?

I can only speak for myself when i say ,

"Even if the guy is gay, what F--K has that got to do with you?"

METHINKS---Were you asking or were you hoping ?

Qtec /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

First of all, please accept my apologies. Anyone who properly insults Otto is fine with me. In fact, you are quite correct. Otto is an unsufferable fool worthy of any humiliation we can heap upon him. He is actually worse and more dangerous than Mouktar because he actually believes what he's saying. At least he does at certain blood alchohol levels. I fully expect to hear from Otto once he sleeps it off, unless, of course the bar is open by then.

As far as whether Corey is or is not, it doesn't matter to me. I was simply trying to clarify a broadcast that seemed to indicate he was, more out of (morbid) curiousity than anything else. Since I couldn't find anything on it in the National Enquirer I turned to you.

Qtec
06-07-2003, 03:31 PM
If you are not Otto ,i did not insult you.
Under the Heading ,"Re:Corey Deuel,a sensitive ..*DELETED* You will see in BLUE letters the name of the poster to which each post pertains to.

I think you owe me an apology
Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
06-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Its cool .

Qtec /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

06-07-2003, 03:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> Does anyone really care if Corey Deuel is gay? ...I have gay friends. I find nothing wrong.<hr /></blockquote>I tried to be friendly with some gay guys, but they always wanted to get into my pants, and when they realized they couldn't, they didn't care about being friends with me anymore.

I didn't know Corey was gay, but now that it's out it doesn't really bother me. I may be a little more aware if I wound up in the same restroom with him, but that's about it.

Qtec
06-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Lighten up, Sparky.
Rule No 1,
Before you post something ,think about it.

Hold no grudges, life,s too short.

Qtec /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tateuts
06-07-2003, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SlimJim:</font><hr>

I didn't know Corey was gay, but now that it's out it doesn't really bother me. I may be a little more aware if I wound up in the same restroom with him, but that's about it. <hr /></blockquote>

Wait a minute! It's not out at all. In fact, sounds like he's not gay at all juding by the responses. This is exactly why I deleted the original post. I was hoping to end this so as not to stir up gossip, conjecture, and heresay. As I originally said, it's a sensitive subject.

I guess some things are better left unsaid.

Chris

06-07-2003, 04:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>This is exactly why I deleted the original post. I was hoping to end this so as not to stir up gossip. As I originally said, it's a sensitive subject.<hr /></blockquote>Well, it's kind of hard to stop people from talking once something like this comes out. There are a lot of gay guys out there now, so it's not such a big deal like it used to be. Like I said, I don't really mind them. I'm just glad he's not black. I think the black sissy boys look even sillier than the white ones. I think it just seems in more contrast to the image of the strong athletic black man. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote otto:</font><hr> Hate to tell ya guys but Corey is a pimp. <hr /></blockquote>I've never known a pimp that was gay, and being a black man that grew up in DC I've seen quite a few. Generally, they service all their women themselves as well as selling them out. Well, I guess there is always something new under the sun.

Slim

thepoolnerd
06-07-2003, 05:07 PM
He's not gay. Anybody who has been around him knows. Congratulations to all on this board who perpetuated this rumor based on an open ended statement that meant nothing. I hesitated to even dignify this question, because I didn't want to bring it to the top of the forum. I doubt any of us would be pleased that someone made this assumpion about us the next time we played pool with another guy. Even if you have reason (which you didn't) to suspect that someone is gay (which he isn't) don't post it on internet site where others, who may also have nothing better to do than gossip about someone they've never never met. The View and E! True Hollywood Stores are both great shows if you like gossip. If the administrator has any concern about the steaming pile of crap that is filling this board; they'd delete this thread and a few others. Starting to become embarrassed that I ever posted here.

06-07-2003, 07:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thepoolnerd:</font><hr> I doubt any of us would be pleased that someone made this assumpion about us. Even if you have reason to suspect that someone is gay don't post it on internet site. <hr /></blockquote>Poolnerd, I can't say for sure how I would feel about it because I'm not like you and Corey in this regard. But I can understand how you guys would prefer to come out of the closet on your own terms if and when you decided to at all.

Congratulations on your decision not to hide your sexual preference. I think it's healthly to be open about who and what you are. Even if it's a crazy or abnormal behavior, it's better to be aware of it and admit to it than to hide it, at least from yourself if not others.

True, it would have been nice if no one had posted this about Corey until he decided for himself that he wanted it to be known. But this is the information age. People are curious about things like this. If they weren't talking about it on the internet, they'd still be talking about it amongst their friends in the pool hall or wherever.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thepoolnerd:</font><hr>If the administrator has any concern about the steaming pile of crap that is filling this board; they'd delete this thread and a few others. <hr /></blockquote>The internet is a fantastic medium for disseminating all kinds of information. One of the greatest things about it is that knowledge formerly inaccessible or censored now has a means of reaching all people. Unfortunately perhaps, the flip side is that some things that some people would rather others didn't know is now harder to keep secret. But I don't know how you can have it both ways.

arn3
06-07-2003, 07:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> Why is everyone always so damn argumentative on this board? Most of you sound like unintelligent morons. I thought this board was a place where you could get valuable information regarding billiards/pool,,,, <hr /></blockquote>

very wrong!!!:):):) nothing worthwhile is said here. it's either an exchange of pleasantries and back patting if you belong to the CCB clique, or threads like this.

so forget anything pertinent you have to say, and join in. i think the more nonsense you say, the funnier it gets.

06-07-2003, 07:48 PM
Ummm, Slim? I don't think poolnerd was saying he's gay, and I think it's been fairly well established that Corey isn't either. You seem determined to keep going down that path for some reason.

It doesn't matter one way or another who is gay and who isn't. That's their business, and it isn't relevant to pool anyway, so could we all just drop this unpleasant and distasteful bit of unfounded gossip and get back to the fun pool stuff? You know, before the rabid homophobes get wind of this thread and things REALLY get outta hand? God forbid Fast Larry gets ahold of this...

JDB
06-08-2003, 12:22 AM
LOL you are right... I have been here for years and you are absoultely right...

06-08-2003, 12:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr>It doesn't matter one way or another who is gay and who isn't. That's their business, and it isn't relevant to pool anyway. God forbid Fast Larry gets ahold of this... <hr /></blockquote>To the extent that pool is an adult activity, I don't see a problem with the public revelations of Corey Duell or poolnerd being gay. However, if we wish children to get more involved in pool, doesn't this present a reasonable cause for concern vis-a-vis exposing them to that lifestyle?

Don't worry about Fast Larry. He's well out of the closet. Look at this post he made You-Know-Where on June 5th (caps are his):

"I WILL DEFEND THE RIGHTS OF GAYS UNTIL MY LAST BREATH. YOU BOZOS FEEL YOU CAN THROW MUD ON OUR GROUP OF PEOPLE, YOU ARE WRONG."

By the way, he got the Bozo thing from me.

Also note Larry recently became a Born-Again Christian, driven there by the shock he sustained on his Maiden Internet Voyage to CCB.

This might reopen the question, can One Be A Christian and Be Gay At The Same Time?[/url]

John G
06-08-2003, 11:55 AM
<font color="blue"> </font color> [ QUOTE ]
am3
very wrong!!!:):):) nothing worthwhile is said here. it's either an exchange of pleasantries and back patting if you belong to the CCB clique, or threads like this.

<hr /></blockquote> <font color="black"> </font color> Welcome to the outside, brutal isn't it. But still, it is entertaining. Hang in there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
John G

Drake
06-09-2003, 10:42 AM
Corey and his girlfriend had the room right next to me at Derby City.... I know he is not gay. The statement must have been about his business patner or road patner.

06-18-2003, 04:26 PM
Looking at his silver belt, you might ask questions!!

Who has seen it? Where the hell would he of got that?

tateuts
06-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Please, folks...sincerely,

Let's let this thread die.

If there ever were a Pandora's box analogy, we are watching it unfold before our very eyes.

I deleted my stupid post 5 minutes after I posted it. It was a naive question.

I'm embarassed and ashamed. Now look what's happened.

Sorry all,

Chris

06-18-2003, 07:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> Does anyone really care if Corey Deuel is gay? I know I don't. Big deal. It is his choice. I have gay friends. I find nothing wrong with gay people.<hr /></blockquote>Sparky, it is not so bad that all your friends are gay. Like Corey, before you and them can learn more about yourselves, you must look at yourselves and acknowledge what you are. No one can change unless they first admit to themselves what they are. It seems like you are well on your way to doing that. Good luck and best wishes.

P.S. I was going to send you a dollar, but you removed your post and I didn't know where to send it.

jjinfla
06-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Cory Deuel Gay? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Oh Boy, that's a good one.