PDA

View Full Version : California BOUND Moving in July

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 09:54 AM
With a lot of mixed emotions (but mostly good feelings) I am going to pack up my wife and kids (two boys 18 and 20) and we are all moving to Sacarmento CA by the end of July.

This is all work related and its going to be great for me and my family.

Promotion and raise involved, plus cost of living differential.. makes it easier to decide also.

BAD part about the move, it looks like the CCB tournament in Sept will be out of the question. So will the DCC, Glass City Open and most of the regional tournaments in the Mid West that I have enjoyed in the last 16 years.

I will be on and off the board, lots of things to do between now and the middle of July when I plan to start the trip.

Once I get set up with the new digs in CA, I will be back on the board more often. But for now, it will be on and off for the next few weeks.

Rich R.
06-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Tom, we will miss you at the Open and at the CCB tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm sure you will be there in spirit.
But it sounds like the move will be good for you and your family. Good luck.

Don't let the move drive you too crazy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Been there and done that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-07-2003, 10:24 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

By the end of July? Good luck /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Now please tell me, who in the hell am I gonna play 14.1 with /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ? Oh well there's always the CSPL.

Voodoo Daddy
06-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Congrats TOM...I for one am happy for ya and look foward to seeing you at the LA Open in Oct/Nov. Yes, I said "seeing you". If you cant come to Va, hell I'll come out by you!! Had plans of making that trip anyway.

Voodoo~~~in search of new digs myself, could be neighbors!!

Mr Ingrate
06-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Tom,

On the bright side, you will be able to get involved with the USPPA (http://www.usppa.com) (Hardtimes & TC Billiards) and be able to enjoy their two large tournaments in June and December in Reno (short drive away).

~~~ 14 posts to qualifying ~~~

Sid_Vicious
06-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Does this mean your CB name will change to California? Have a great time, another door has opened, huh....sid

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Miami, Cincy, California... could cause an earthquake.. LOL..

I'm just moving, not droping off the end of the wolrd.

I'll still be playing pool and living LIFE. Thanks for the positive note.. and LA is pretty close..

I will probably be in Vegas in August to see my buddies play in the APA tournament.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 11:31 AM
Wally, there is a rumor that Kato will be migrating to his place of origin.. somewhere in the -tucky region.. I wonder if he plays 14.1?

Wally, we need to get some more rounds in before I leave. I always look forward to our match ups. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Thanks Dave, I've already been to Hard Times, and they have lots of tournaments there (9 ball and One Pocket)

TC's, I havn't been there yet. And, yes, Reno is not that far away either.

Life doesn't stop because of an address change.. LOL

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Sid,
Good question.. Tom in Sacramento just doesn't sound right does it? nor does Tom in California... ????

Maybe I'll keep it just the way it is and put a disclaimer after each post... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Rich,

Thanks for the thoughts, being missed at the CCB tournament is probably the biggest negative of this move (for me). I have always enjoyed the US Open and the POOL and players, CCB just made this venture that much better.

I'll still be there in sprit, the "Brew Crew" will have things in hand and make sure that the time will be wonderful.

Voodoo Daddy
06-07-2003, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Sid,
Good question.. Tom in Sacramento just doesn't sound right does it? nor does Tom in California... ????

Maybe I'll keep it just the way it is and put a disclaimer after each post... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

How about Tom_in_Cali?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-07-2003, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Sid,

Maybe I'll keep it just the way it is and put a disclaimer after each post... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

How about Tom_in_Cali?
<hr /></blockquote>

I vote for "Tom in Sac-town" /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

or "Tom in NoCal"

Candyman
06-07-2003, 12:12 PM
I wish the best for you and your family, Tom. I have been on CCB for six months and have really enjoyed your posts. You knowledge has been very informative. Good Luck, Lock

Karatemom
06-07-2003, 01:10 PM
You should have seen Christ's face when I told him you wouldn't be at the CCB tourney. He was very disappointed, as were the rest of us, but it sounds like this move will be wonderful for all of you. We all wish you the best!

Heide

nAz
06-07-2003, 02:09 PM
wow big move TomC good luck to you and your family, I hope things turn out well for you and that you can find a good PH to play in /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
BTW have you ever been to the sunshine state before?

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 02:33 PM
nAz
I lived (and survived)in the SF Bay area during the mid to late 60s.

I have also been there on business many times in the last few decades.

Not a strange place for me at all.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Thanks Heide,

Meeting The Cass Clan was going to be one of the great pleasures I was expecting for the US Open Trip.

Barbara
06-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Tom,

This is big!! Wow!! California is far away.

I hope all goes well with you and the family and the job! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guess I won't be seeing you at the Expo next year, huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara~~~was hoping Tom would organize an Expo CCB thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rich R.
06-07-2003, 03:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Rich,

Thanks for the thoughts, being missed at the CCB tournament is probably the biggest negative of this move (for me). I have always enjoyed the US Open and the POOL and players, CCB just made this venture that much better.

I'll still be there in sprit, the "Brew Crew" will have things in hand and make sure that the time will be wonderful. <hr /></blockquote>
Maybe you can find a sponsor to donate a plane ticket??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
06-07-2003, 03:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> SF. Not a strange place for me at all.<hr /></blockquote>Tom, I hung out in Frisco some back in '73. It seemed a little strange to me. But, not that there is anything wrong with that. Anyway, good luck and enjoy the new adventure.

wolfdancer
06-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Tom, you're going to love Sacramento, a nice laid back, streets that are tree-lined town...less than 2 hours to the slopes, or 1 1/2 hours to the ocean. Folks are leaving the high priced bay area in droves, and moving to Sacto, or Roseville, the new "silicon valley". Yes, you're moving out here to God's country...California..where men are men..and sometimes women!!

eg8r
06-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Good luck. Looks like a sweet deal for you and the family.

eg8r

snipershot
06-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Good luck to you and your family with the big move Tom, you certainly can't complain about the climate in Calfifornia and you'll have a bunch of new PH's to check out, I'm sure when all is said and done you'll be glad you did this. The raise helps too!

PoolChick02
06-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Hmm, maybe I will see you around, cause I am moving to the Bay area myself this August...doing the college thing. Hoping to play a lot more pool out there as well. I hope everything goes well for you and your family!

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 11:06 PM
wolfdancer

I will be working in Rocklin, just near Roseville.
I have been there many times in the last few years.

I use to live in the Bay area in the mid to late 60s and have enjoyed many trips there over the years.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Barbara,
Guess the Expo will have to remain one of my 'things to do' for the future.

I would have loved to met everyone there this year.. but, work came first.

PQQLK9
06-08-2003, 02:32 AM
Were the Bengals really that BAD? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Good luck to you and your family...see ya down the road.

Ralph S.
06-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Tom, I am so sorry you have to move. I was looking forward to seeing you again at DCC. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Scott Lee is coming into Ft.Wayne the first week in July. I know you are going to be very busy, but maybe if things work out you can pop up for a visit.

cheesemouse
06-08-2003, 05:40 AM
Tom,
Work could have picked worse areas of the country for a pool player...I have one whole wing of my family headquarted in the Sacramento/Roseville area of Calif. When I was in the Air Force in the late 60's and stationed at McCellan AFB I got to enjoy may days and nights playing pool at the Hard Times on Fruitridge. I think the place still exists. A great pool gentleman and pool promoter named Terry Stoner owned the place. At that time I got some schooling on the tables with an older gent named Ted Ito, I still see this guys name pop up in tourneys in that area, I thought he was old at that time so he must be super old now. The Hardtimes on Fruitridge is a classic....I hope everything works out for the best for you and your family.....thankfully for all of us Internet pool junkies we are all only a 'click away'...good luck with the move.....

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2003, 07:30 AM
LOL

Sacramento doesn't have a Pro Football team either..

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2003, 07:31 AM
Ralph,
That a great idea, maybe I can work it out for a day off.. I will probably need a quick break...

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Good luck to you and your fam! You'll be missed at the CCB tourney but hey, there's always next year and the year after that... I guess I'll just have to give the hugs I had in store for you to Kato.

Tom_in_Cali. Sounds good. Maybe the moderators can change your name without losing your Carpal Tunnel status.

Kato
06-09-2003, 07:51 AM
Yes Tom, eventually I'll be moving North. South Florida just isn't what I want.

Kato........tucky.......Tot

Kato
06-09-2003, 07:56 AM
PS. Good luck Tom

I'll miss you in September.

However, what's best for you and your family is the best thing going.

Kato

Rod
06-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Hi Tom,
Congrats on your promotion. I like that area, at least you won't have the big change in weather conditions. LOL I hope the move goes smooth, stay calm and take it in stride. LOL Being perpared is most of the battle. I may be moving myself, hell I'd move to a different state if the opportunity arose. Been outside most of the day, whew, it's to dam hot out here.

Rod

Tom_In_Cincy
06-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks Rod
Being prepared is not one of my 'strengths'. But I have lots of help.

I figure it will take me a week to drive 2400 miles.. with the wife and two boys. Sight seeing and just enjoying the trip.

cueball1950
06-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Hi Tom...very happy to see the positive attitude about your move. You will be sorely missed at the Open And even more at the CCB tournament.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Just got an idea...maybe we should take up a collection and fly you in for a few days. Hell it will only cost about 30 a piece. to do it. I will donate the first $50.00 towards it. And i am serious about it. Somebody has to keep kato and wendy in check lolol.If not maybe another year. You know you will always be welcome. Heck you are 1 of the founders of it......Mike

stickman
06-12-2003, 05:16 AM
Best of luck to you on your move and the new job, Tom. What comes to mind with me is that song~~~~I wish they all could be California Girls. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Of course being married with kids at home, I know you won't look, but if you slip somehow, let me know if there's anything to the song. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You might have to change your nick to Tom_From_Cincy.

PQQLK9
06-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Hey Sticks...FYI As per John Love of the Beach Boys "they wished that the East Coast girls could be in California" (then THEY all would be California girls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
06-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Tom,

Wish you all the luck in the world with your move and please come back. I can't think of this place without you.

Best Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ward
06-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Tom

I can't wait to read your posts when you get to the land of the Liberal.(LOL) Good luck

Later

wolfdancer
06-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Cheese, Ted's still around, and will be glad? to hear he's now super-old. Unfortunately Terry passed away, couple of years ago. Terry's "Jointed Cue" is still there, and still without AC..but Hard Times is more popular now

Harold Acosta
06-21-2003, 02:27 PM
How about:

Tom from Cincy in California...