PDA

View Full Version : Openly Gay Teachers OK in Grade School?

06-08-2003, 12:20 AM
The recent emergence from the so called homosexual closet of a well known pool player is a reminder that the "gay" lifestyle is more widespread than at any other time in recent history.

Tolerance of gays has never been greater in the U.S.A., but does this mean that openly gay persons should be permitted to be teachers in grade school?

Openly means persons who make no attempt to disguise their same-gender sexual preference. i.e. Men who sashay when they walk, hold their arm up while dangling their wrist limply, and speak with a lilting voice etc. Women who dress in traditionally men's clothing designed to deempasize the womenly figure, wear their hair in traditonal mens styles, and act with masculine characteristics.

Teachers are often the third most significant role model for young children after their mother and father. Would you mind your child, especially in the formative 4 to 7 year old age bracket, being in the care of such a teacher for seven hours a day for a 180 day school year?

-SlimJim

Qtec
06-08-2003, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The recent emergence from the so called homosexual closet of a well known pool player is a reminder that the "gay" lifestyle is more widespread than at any other time in recent history <hr /></blockquote>
You are not still talking about C.D. ? Are you ?

[ QUOTE ]
Tolerance of gays has never been greater in the U.S.A., but does this mean that openly gay persons should be permitted to be teachers in grade school <hr /></blockquote>
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Teachers are often the third most significant role model for young children after their mother and father. Would you mind your child, especially in the formative 4 to 7 year old age bracket, being in the care of such a teacher for seven hours a day for a 180 day school year?

<hr /></blockquote>

No. I wouldnt mind. They might learn that discrimination is one of society's worst evils.As a black man ,living in the USA, i would imagine that you would agree that its what you do that counts, not what you are.

Q

Fran Crimi
06-08-2003, 08:56 AM
You registered on 9/15/02. You listed pool first under your hobbies in your bio, straight pool being your favorite. If one were to review your history of posts, they'd find that you contribute when there is personal conflict between posters, and in areas of controversy. You lecture members of the CCB on areas of morality, yet in 9 months, you have yet to post anything about pool.

Does pool interest you at all? You've posted about people's MO's. What's yours?

Fran

06-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Yes, I am interested in pool. Have you judged me to have done something wrong? Note that I don't seek your approval to post here or on how I spend my time. On the other hand, you can take me or leave me. That is your choice amongst the infinite amount of choices you have.

Like God, I neither lecture on morality nor judge it. I only experience it's effects. Everyone's morals are based upon the beliefs they chose to hold. And everyone's life experience will be determined largely by what they believe. I only presented an idea which one can accept, reject or ignore.

Therefore, if you care to contribute something to this thread, I would welcome your input on the subject based on your experience with it, if any.

Slim "Daddy" J

Qtec
06-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Fran, dont you think it is possible that this guy and Patrick are one and the same? SlimJim starts the ball rolling ,Patrick jumps in and in no time at all, Christ2 shows up in the same post. Coincidence ?
They all have at least two things in common;they all think they are smart and their posts are provocative .
Q

Fran Crimi
06-08-2003, 09:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SlimJim:</font><hr> Yes, I am interested in pool. Why are you asking? Have I done something wrong in your eyes? Are you judging me?

I don't lecture on morality. I am not a judge. God does not judge anyone. Your morals are are what you chose for them to be. It is not within my ability to change them, however it is within yours.

Slim "Daddy" J <hr /></blockquote>

No I'm not judging you. Just asking some questions. Why don't you post about pool? Any particular reason?

Fran

rackmup
06-08-2003, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SlimMindedJim:</font><hr> Teachers are often the third most significant role model for young children after their mother and father. Would you mind your child, especially in the formative 4 to 7 year old age bracket, being in the care of such a teacher for seven hours a day for a 180 day school year?<hr /></blockquote>

From 1st through 6th grade (those "formative" years as you put it) I had all female teachers. My grade school Principal was female. My mom? She was female too.

I watched during these years as my teachers, school leaders and my most wonderful mother wore dresses, high-heeled shoes, "big" hair and such.

As I got older and learned that at least one time of the month, my "Aunt Flo" would "visit" my Mom and make her sooo crabby that you had to run from her when she announced the arrival of "Flo."

My mom was popular in our neighborhood. She helped with the PTA and my Boy Scout troop. My teachers were well respected. They were like "famous" people to me. My Principal? She was looked up to as a very important person in our lives as young children.

Wouldn't we all want to be respected like that? Sure we would.

But, while surrounded with all of this female influence, I never once wished I were a woman. I didn't long for the opportunity to get up at 2AM and run to Walgreen's for feminine napkins.

I didn't feel slighted because I couldn't wear dresses to school nor did I yearn to don lipstick and eyeliner. Never once did I attempt to cram my feet into a pair of size 5 stilleto pumps.

Why is that? Hmmm...could it be because during these years that were to mold me into a young adult I was taught about "Readin' Writin' &amp; 'Rithmatic'" and not about the joys of being female?

It is no different for our gay teachers. Curriculum is the order of the day and not the attempts to influence one's sexual preference.

What about all of the straight teachers who have been punished in our court systems in recent years for seducing younger student members of the opposite sex? That is where your concerns should be, not on spreading innuendo about the so-called "coming out" of a well known pool player or to bash what is a growing segment of our population.

I would be inclined to worry more about the influence other kids have on my children (sex, drugs, gangs, stealing and lying) than I would be about a gay man or woman teaching my children.

It makes me wonder about how you would feel about a black person teaching your white children or visa-versa. Let me ask you:

Have you ever wore a white robe with a pointed hat and burned a cross in anyone's yard?

Ever tossed a brick through the window of an Asian market?

Cracked jokes about Native Americans?

While this is a "Non-Pool" forum, it isn't a "Hate" forum.

Regards,

Ken (now...where did I put that new pair of pantyhose?)

SecaucusFats
06-08-2003, 05:07 PM
I don't usually respond to such obvious trolling but here goes:

Has there been any widespread incidence of openly gay or lesbian grade school teachers not being OK?

So if things are OK, then what do I care? And if things are OK, then what adults choose to do in private is simply not your concern.

In fact, I hope they are making the beast with two backs like frenzied snakes and getting their rocks off but good because sex is good and happiness is good. Discrimination and marginalization are sinful and abhorrent.

Fats

bluewolf
06-08-2003, 08:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Fran, dont you think it is possible that this guy and Patrick are one and the same? SlimJim starts the ball rolling ,Patrick jumps in and in no time at all, Christ2 shows up in the same post. Coincidence ?
They all have at least two things in common;they all think they are smart and their posts are provocative .
Q
<hr /></blockquote>

Nope. not Patrick and I do not believe any of these sickos are Parick either.

At one time I thougth I knew who. Not so sure anymore.

Laura

06-09-2003, 05:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> No. I wouldn’t mind. They might learn that discrimination is one of society's worst evils.<hr /></blockquote>Discriminating in the sense of being prejudiced may be unwise. However, to exercise discrimination in the sense of distinguishing between something that is desirable or undesirable may be wise to do.

Whether either one is inherently good or evil, I'm not so sure. It may be the effects of either one that tend to be good or evil. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> they all think they are smart<hr /></blockquote>Do you really know what I or the others you mention think or are you just saying what you think we think or is it really just what you think?

Qtec
06-09-2003, 05:48 PM
Where is MidLantic.

Q

06-09-2003, 05:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>Where is MidLantic?<hr /></blockquote>About 250 miles East-Northeast of Atlantis.

Just kidding. I have a home in the DC area but I travel a lot.

PQQLK9
06-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Where do you play? I am also from the DC area.

Qtec
06-09-2003, 06:47 PM
MidLantic = Mid Atlantic = Water = Walk on Water = J.Christ = God.

Your post,
" I am God ".

Qtec

Sid_Vicious
06-09-2003, 08:45 PM
SlimJim...Well you've now seen the knee jerk reaction from certain people when you crack(pardon the pun) the subject of homosexuality here. I sincerely noted that you presented a question about life as we see it today here in the USA, and you posted it on the Non Pool Related section, but did you get respect for that? "NO!" SOMEBODY accused you of being a troublemaker and accusing you of not having a pool related question,,,well DUH, it was put on the NPR section, is that not where non pool related stuff goes? It's darn funny how one name jumps up every time homosexuality is touched upon. THAT person might ought to grow another layer of skin,,,,and yes, if they don't care for the topic then shut up, go away or add something a little less attacking...sid

Fran Crimi
06-10-2003, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> SlimJim...Well you've now seen the knee jerk reaction from certain people when you crack(pardon the pun) the subject of homosexuality here. I sincerely noted that you presented a question about life as we see it today here in the USA, and you posted it on the Non Pool Related section, but did you get respect for that? "NO!" SOMEBODY accused you of being a troublemaker and accusing you of not having a pool related question,,,well DUH, it was put on the NPR section, is that not where non pool related stuff goes? It's darn funny how one name jumps up every time homosexuality is touched upon. THAT person might ought to grow another layer of skin,,,,and yes, if they don't care for the topic then shut up, go away or add something a little less attacking...sid <hr /></blockquote>

Well, hello there, sid. Speaking of knee-jerk reactions...

I've pretty much decided to stay away from your posts, but this one is slanderous. Don't think for a minute that by not mentioning someone's name you can get away with slander. Do a search on the words homosexual and gay. See what name pops up "every time". Mine?

You haven't a clue what this is about. I strongly suggest that you take your own advice. If you don't like something, don't respond.

Fran

SpiderMan
06-10-2003, 09:56 AM
What pool player has come out of the closet? I thought the posts about Corey Deuel were supposedly BS, so are you just speculating as a lead-in to the subject you wanted to introduce?

BTW, I don't have an opinion on gay teachers, but I do feel that "openly" gay leaders of children are a bad idea. I would prefer that our children not be tempted to emulate such a role model (I respected all my teachers just because they were teachers), and not be subliminally taught that it is "normal".

SpiderMan

TomBrooklyn
06-11-2003, 04:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>dont you think it is possible that this guy and Patrick are one and the same? SlimJim starts the ball rolling ,Patrick jumps in and in no time at all, Christ2 shows up in the same post. Coincidence ?<hr /></blockquote>There are very few coincidences in life.

highsea
06-11-2003, 04:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SlimJim:</font><hr> Do you really know what I or the others you mention think or are you just saying what you think we think or is it really just what you think? <hr /></blockquote>

That sentence should be shot /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bluewolf
06-12-2003, 08:02 AM
Personally I do not know why this keeps coming up.

I mean what is the big deal if a person is gay or not gay? One day, perhaps in another century, noone will blink an eye about this. To me, it is a non issue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And would I have cared if my son had a gay teacher? Nope. I only cared that he had competent teachers.

Again, to be gay or not to be gay is a non issue to me, meaning that a person's sexually does not elevate or lower them in my perceptions. What matters is competence and kindness. The last time I checked, these characteristics are unrelated to religion or choice of lifestyle.

The majority of the human race is so predjudiced towards each other, anyone who is a little different.geez

Laura

TomBrooklyn
06-12-2003, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Personally I do not know why this keeps coming up.<hr /></blockquote>Maybe because it is so important to the healthy development of a child to avoid exposing them to deviant sexual and confused gender role models. Many people, such as yourself apparently have yet to realize that.

bluewolf
06-12-2003, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Maybe because it is such an important issue to people who have or care about children. <hr /></blockquote>

It would appear that my son and I were born in the wrong time, since both of us have gay friends and see nothing wrong. It is their choice just like I have mine.

As previously stated, lifestyle has nothing to do with competence as a teacher, imo.

As previously stated, perhaps both of us were born in the wrong time because there is total acceptance of the choices of others along these lines.

Laura

eg8r
06-12-2003, 08:53 AM
Tom, you never cease to amaze me. You do not like to censor speech, however you are a huge anti-gay and feel you somehow have the right to refuse them work.

I would rather my child (if I had one) not learn from a gay individual if they try and push their lifestyle on my child. I would not mind if my kid is learning math from a gay person...as long as the subject matter is kept to math (and not learning to count how many gay couples do you see in the picture /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

C'mon Tom, it is alright (in your mind) for Moukhtar to act the way he was however, you stumble when a gay person is teaching math.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
06-12-2003, 09:38 AM
I had a couple of teachers who were gay and it didn't affect me in the least. As long as they don't hit on the students.

06-16-2003, 10:18 PM
The question about gay teachers aside (BTW, gay teachers are a-okay in my book, I had gay teachers and so have my kids), what I don't understand is you continuing to bring up this wacky idea about Corey Duel being gay????

I and several others repeatedly pointed out to you in that thread that CORY IS NOT GAY!!! It was a silly misunderstanding by someone who jumped the gun on the use of the word "partner" to describe an acquaintance of Corey's. That's it. No other evidence of homosexuality, lots of evidence of heterosexuality, the "partner" reference was easily explained away, and yet you persist as if it's a fact. Not to mention of course that EVEN IF IT WERE TRUE... SO WHAT?!

My God, why are some people so incredibly homophobic???

/me needs to stay out of NPR and get back to the pool stuff

bluewolf
06-17-2003, 03:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> My God, why are some people so incredibly homophobic???

/me needs to stay out of NPR and get back to the pool stuff <hr /></blockquote>

Homophobes. LOL.

I see that women do not have a problem with other womwen or men being gay.Some men are this way too. It is my contention that homophobic men are 'spiritually unevolved'. I am sure to get some lamblasts on that one. tee hee. Enuff said.

SPetty
06-17-2003, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> It was a silly misunderstanding by someone who jumped the gun on the use of the word "partner" to describe an acquaintance ...<hr /></blockquote>What's so ironic in all this for me is that a few years ago, I met a gay man who was trying to clue me into his gayness without having to overtly bring it up in conversation, so he repeatedly mentioned his "partner". I'm so clueless I thought he was talking about his business partner! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimmy Mendoza
06-17-2003, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> You registered on 9/15/02. You listed pool first under your hobbies in your bio, straight pool being your favorite.<hr /></blockquote>

THAT'S A LIE! His favorite is obviously GAY POOL! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif