PDA

View Full Version : My car rolled on the side going 60

bluewolf
06-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Coming on the interstate to my mom's house, I hit the shoulder beside the 'getty up and go' lane and the car went out of control in the wet conditions. I just couldnt get it back in control although I tried, because the steering I guess is too lose and the next thing I knew, it had slid sideways and hit another car. It then proceeds to skid across the road. When it hit the other shoulder, it rolled over on its side.

My dog few from the passengers side and hit the driver's window since it was now on its side.He did not get hurt but I think the worse thing was when they took him away to the pound for holding until I got out from the hospital.

I was wearing a seatbelt. Finally I was released from the hospital with no scratches, bruises and broken bones.The doctor was surprised. He said if I was not wearing th belt, I would have been mangled badly.

My son was great. He took care of everything.

I was driving the Taurus. ww said it I was in my subaru I would be dead. With the much tighter steering on the subaru and all wheel drive, I said, this would not have happened.

Anyway back at my mons house with all of my stuff that was towed and my little dog.

I am sure many visits to the chiroprator will be in order, as things are kind of stiff.

Sorry if this is boring but nothing like this has ever happened to me because I am a very careful driver

The good part, I might be stuck in Roanoke for awile for car repairs, where pool room fees are about $3 per hour. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

TomBrooklyn
06-08-2003, 12:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Sorry if this is boring <hr /></blockquote>That was hardly boring. Please be careful. Glad to hear your alright.

PoolChick02
06-08-2003, 12:53 AM
Car related accidents and injuries are not fun. I know firsthand about that. Glad to hear you and your dog are safe and sound now.

Qtec
06-08-2003, 01:11 AM
Whew,close one .I was in a "head on" a while back with a parked car![ I wasnt driving ].After leaving most of my teeth on the dashboard , i proceded to remove the windshield with my forehead. In hospital i coundnt even remember where i lived.
Glad to see you are OK
Q

Popcorn
06-08-2003, 02:32 AM
I don't see any mention of what happened to the other innocent driver you smashed into. Just a lot of circular logic, in an attempt to not accept any responsibility for the accident.
"Quote"
"I think the worse thing was when they took him away to the pound for holding until I got out from the hospital."

I think the other driver would disagree as to what happened to your dog as being the worst part of the accident. Sorry for my lack sympathy, (could be because it is late and the fact my wife was run down by a hit and run driver), I would just like you to take some responsibility for your causing an accident and the problems you caused another innocent person. Guess I am just tired of people and their excuses for every G.D. thing they do.

Ralph S.
06-08-2003, 05:33 AM
BW, glad to hear you ar okay and not badly hurt. Do you know if the occupants of the other vehicle were okay? Like Popcorn said, they are important too.

rackmup
06-08-2003, 10:53 AM
In the short time you have been here at the CCB, you have:

<ul type="square"> Bluewolf's Adventures

Fought sickness and diseases
Battled ridicule
Left, returned and left again
Queried about skid, deflection, english, break speed, break cues, cue cases, legal cases, cases of the flu, flu-like symptoms, symptoms of dimensia and what chalk to use
Good pool lessons and bad pool lessons
Returned, left and returned again
Wrecked your car
Wrecked someone else's car
Tried to kill your dog
Found cheap, $3.00 pool rates
[/list]
It makes Christopher Columbus' search for the Americas seem boring and pale in comparison.

Glad you're okay. Stay away from Texas.

Regards,

Ken (thinks BW might be more dangerous than a Texas Tornado, a Hurricane and the wrath of all my ex's put together!)

John G
06-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Glad your OK Laura, sorry to hear it happened. You'll probably have some aches for a while, that soft tissue stuff is slow to heal.
John G

heater451
06-08-2003, 02:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> . . .the car went out of control in the wet conditions. I just couldnt get it back in control although I tried, because the steering I guess is too lose and the next thing I knew, it had slid sideways and hit another car. It then proceeds to skid across the road. When it hit the other shoulder, it rolled over on its side. . . .<hr /></blockquote>Did the car lose control, due to understeer or oversteer?

(Just joking around--I'm glad that it wasn't worse that what it was, and I hope the other people made out okay.)

====================

eg8r
06-08-2003, 04:30 PM
Glad you are alright.

Have you found out any information on the other victims? I pray they made it out alright also.

eg8r

bluewolf
06-08-2003, 08:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> BW, glad to hear you ar okay and not badly hurt. Do you know if the occupants of the other vehicle were okay? Like Popcorn said, they are important too. <hr /></blockquote>

Help arrived in 5 minutes or sooner it seems.First thing out of my mouth was was the other driver okay. They said he was and the state police gave me all their into at the hospital so we could turn it into the ins.

It was after they took my dog out of the car and away from me and even worse when I knew where they were taking him, I was even more upset. I know that place well and it is not nice.

If that had cause another person to be injured very bad, I probably would never be able to forgive myself.

Hit and run, you say popcorn, beyond my comprehension how someone could do something like that.

I was in a state of shock here when I wrote here last night and did not say all of the details and still hadnt.

Laura

wolfdancer
06-08-2003, 10:06 PM
It's pretty obvious that she was conducting further research on swerve, deflection, and brake speed.....dimensia??

Hopster
06-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Glad you are Ok Laura. Got to be extra dilligent when it rains out, scares the the hell out of me.
Out here these idiots cant even drive safely on dry ground, when it rains you really take your life in your hands on the road.
Glad all is fine though.

Hopster
06-08-2003, 11:31 PM
In the short time you have been here at the CCB, you have:

Bluewolf's Adventures

Fought sickness and diseases

Battled ridicule

Left, returned and left again

Queried about skid, deflection, english, break speed, break cues, cue cases, legal cases, cases of the flu, flu-like symptoms, symptoms of dimensia and what chalk to use

Good pool lessons and bad pool lessons

Returned, left and returned again

Wrecked your car

Wrecked someone else's car

Tried to kill your dog

Found cheap, $3.00 pool rates

It makes Christopher Columbus' search for the Americas seem boring and pale in comparison.

Glad you're okay. Stay away from Texas.

Regards,

Ken (thinks BW might be more dangerous than a Texas Tornado, a Hurricane and the wrath of all my ex's put together. &lt;--Rackmup

Now this was by far the funniest post i have read on this board !! lolol

DebraLiStarr
06-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Glad to hear you and your dog are okay.

I wrecked my Audi - back in January - talking on my cell phone to my boss and telling him I was going to be late for work. The last thing he heard was the screeching of the brakes.... and then the phone went dead...Luckily I was okay, and the people I hit were okay. It was so embarrassing, and I was so lucky. I got 2 tickets, and I was able to take defensive driving but my insurance went thru the roof anyway.

Take care of yourself

snipershot
06-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Extremely glad to hear your O.K. Laura, last summer I did something similar in my truck (rolled it on it's side) and know how scary something like that can be, from a positive standpoint it gives you a deeper appreciation for life.

By the way, $3 per hour, damn girl go shoot some pool!

bluewolf
06-09-2003, 08:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> Glad to hear you and your dog are okay.

I wrecked my Audi - back in January - talking on my cell phone to my boss and telling him I was going to be late for work. The last thing he heard was the screeching of the brakes.... and then the phone went dead...Luckily I was okay, and the people I hit were okay. It was so embarrassing, and I was so lucky. I got 2 tickets, and I was able to take defensive driving but my insurance went thru the roof anyway.

Take care of yourself

<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Debra. I thought that if a person wrecked at 60 miles an hour they were dead, period. I guess I was pretty lucky and I am very glad the other person was not hurt. That is the worst possible thing when you drive stupid, if you hurt somebody else.I got a ticket too and have to go to court to see what the judge will decide.

Thanks to everyone else who wrote and to rackumup for a very good laugh. I am in my home town until ww can pick me up on saturday so getting to see a few friends too.

You guys and gals are really great.

Laura

Rip
06-09-2003, 10:40 PM
This is what happens when you use outside english when making an inside turn!

Let's see, WET conditions but you're going 60 anyway. The steering YOU GUESS is too loose and the car WENT out of control. Well that darned car! At least you realize it wasn't anything that you did wrong that contributed to this latest catastrophe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rip~~ just travelin' down Highway 3.14 shakin' my head in total amazement....oh yeah, glad you're okay. Wait a minute, I don't really mean you're okay...I meant to say "glad you weren't injured" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif