PDA

View Full Version : Name Tags for the CCB US Open Tournament

Mr Ingrate
06-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Thought it might be a good idea to have identification for the CCB guys and gals at the US Open. If you want one, just let me know how you want your handle and/or name to display and give me your snail mail address. I'll make you up a name badge and mail it to you via the postal service.

Mine looks like this:

http://www3.telus.net/syrja/ccb/name_tag.gif

P.S. If you have a graphic you'd like added send it to me as an e-mail attachment to dave@syrja.net

Karatemom
06-08-2003, 04:15 PM
What a nice job on those, Dave! I emailed you with all our info. I wish I was as near creative as you!

They look great!

Heide

cueball1950
06-08-2003, 08:51 PM
great work Dave. It will be a pleasure to meet everybody in Septemebr.....................................Mike

Rich R.
06-09-2003, 04:39 AM
I just thought I would move this post to the top.

My PM is on its way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

heater451
06-09-2003, 10:03 AM
In addition to the files I sent you, I wanted to mention something else:

If you are printing this from home, you might want to re-import a GIF version of the CCB graphic into the badge composition.

I only mention this, because it looks like you took a JPEG (.jpg) and dropped it in, due to the pinkish, rectangular halo around the 'logo'. This might not be noticeable on a printout, and I'm just being picky, but I thought I'd mention it.

As for the badge design itself, depending on the final size and such, I might suggest a matching yellow border, just to frame the tag. Then again, it might not look that good when printed. . . .

~~still not really a designer
================================

Mr Ingrate
06-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Heater,

Got your files. Unfortunately, neither my version of Adobe Photoshop (5.0 Lite) or Paintshop Pro (5) recognize the .EPS format. If it isn't too much trouble could you please send it in .PSD or some other format?

Thanks for the tip on the .jpeg files and the pink halo. I will convert to .gif if necessary. I apologize for not asking your permission to use the logo. I think it is great and will also be using it for the round robin forms and charts, with your kind permission.

I'll be printing these at home on my BJC-8200 printer so they should look reasonably decent. I wasn't going to have a border, but I'll try a yellow one and see what it looks like when a badge is made up.

Rather than reply to everyone individually and raise my posting count, here are the names I already have for badges. (in no particular order).

Karatemon
Chris Cass
Spike
Socrates
Deeman
Brian Keller (need your snail mail address)
Cueball1950
Rich R.
Mrs. Rich R.
Wally in Cinnci
Kato

Please let me know early so I can get your badge out in the mail. I'll bring some blanks with me, but I'm not arriving until Thuesday evening.

~~~ 12 more posts 'til I don't need a sponsors exemption ~~~

St Paul Gal
06-09-2003, 12:54 PM
When and where is the CCB Open? Since joining the ranks of the unemployed, I'm taking the summer off to have fun and hit balls, and may actually be able to make it this year...

spg

Rich R.
06-10-2003, 04:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote St Paul Gal:</font><hr> When and where is the CCB Open? Since joining the ranks of the unemployed, I'm taking the summer off to have fun and hit balls, and may actually be able to make it this year...

spg <hr /></blockquote>
We are all going to the U.S. Open in Chesapeake, Va. in September. Last year we had a little tournament for the CCB'ers, so this year we are having the

Second Annual International CCB Tournament.

Sounds impressive doesn't it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We really just have a lot of fun. It will be held on Saturday, September 20th.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-10-2003, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote St Paul Gal:</font><hr> When and where is the CCB Open? Since joining the ranks of the unemployed, I'm taking the summer off to have fun and hit balls, and may actually be able to make it this year...

spg <hr /></blockquote>

9BG has a signup list. Perhaps she can re-post it here. I think there are slots left.

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2003, 11:12 AM
When: September 20, 2003
Time: 10 AM we start warming up
Where: Virginia Beach, VA (poolroom to be announced)
Who: CCBers
Why: Why not?!

Latest additions in Bold:

1. WesK
2. Kato
3. 9 Ball Girl
4. RichR
5. PoolDaddy9
6. Ross
7. MikeM
8. Mr. Ingrate
9. Bluewolf
10. Whitewolf
11. Eric
12. Deeman
13. Brian in VA
14. Socrates
15. KillerBreak
16. Cueball1950
17. Ted Harris
18. KarateMom
19. Chris Cass
20. Christ
21. Phil in SoFLA
22. Jon from MN
23. Wally_in_Cincy
24. Q-guy
25. VoodooDaddy
26. Ken
27. BillPorter
28. JMD in VA

PM me, 9 Ball Girl, with Count Me In! in the subject line if you'd like to partake in this extravaganza!

So far we've got the following:

--2x4 cue case from Talisman Tips (aka Tony CCB member)
--TWO 25 packs of Talisman Tips from Tony (CCB member)
--Tee Shirts from Talisman Tips (aka Tony)
--$650 Black Heart Cue from Jerry Eick (aka Blackheart)
--$50 cash from Brady Berhman (aka Brady)
--$50 membership to Fantasy 9 Ball from Brady Berhman
--1st and 2nd Place Trophies from CueBall1950 (Mike)
--4 One year subscriptions to Inside Pool from Sally (CCB Member)
--$50 cash from Mr. Ingrate (aka David S.)
--3 Talisman Tips from Harold A. (aka Predator anti-champion)
--$50 cash from Deeman
--Cue ball display case from PoolDaddy9 (aka Joel)
--Coin holders from Jon at MNBilliards (for all those bar box players)
--4 Ultimate Tip Tool from Socrates (Steve Campana author of Black Belt Billiards)

Kato and I will be at the door to grace you with our presence with door prizes. If you'd like to make a donation, regardless if you can make it or not, send a PM to Mr. Ingrate, or me!

Wendy~~I just copied and pasted this from an older post and added Socrates' donation. If there's something I forgot to add, holla back.

Kato
06-10-2003, 11:22 AM
What do ya think Wendy. Socrates gets a tip tool at the door?

Kato~~~giving himself a Blackheart Cue? How nice of me...............NOT. That cue is for WallyTucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-10-2003, 11:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

....9. Bluewolf....

<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks. Hey Wendy, maybe bluewolf could drive up to NY and pick you up. I hear she's quite the driver /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2003, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> What do ya think Wendy. Socrates gets a tip tool at the door?<hr /></blockquote>Nah, we'll just greet him with a smile. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy and Kato, the Bonnie and Clyde of the CCB. Cahootz-ing at its best! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2003, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Thanks. Hey Wendy, maybe bluewolf could drive up to NY and pick you up. I hear she's quite the driver /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Bahahahaha!!! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1053176740.gif

Wendy~~~ok ok I'm just kidding! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1053178372.gif

SPetty
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>...
24. Q-guy
...<hr /></blockquote>Hold on a minute here! I missed this before!

Is this the Q-guy? The secretive anonymous cue maker that everyone knows who he is but me who hasn't posted here in over a year? You mean he's still lurking around and actually sent you a PM from his Q-guy CCB account?

I was just thinking about him recently. Did he include any other words - like where he's been or what he's been up to or if he's ever going to come back and post again? I miss him.

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2003, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>...
24. Q-guy
...<hr /></blockquote>Hold on a minute here! I missed this before!

Is this the Q-guy? The secretive anonymous cue maker that everyone knows who he is but me who hasn't posted here in over a year? You mean he's still lurking around and actually sent you a PM from his Q-guy CCB account?

I was just thinking about him recently. Did he include any other words - like where he's been or what he's been up to or if he's ever going to come back and post again? I miss him.
<hr /></blockquote>Yes, it's the Q-guy. He did send me a PM from his Q-Guy account. I can't tell you anymore, my lips are sealed.../ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr Ingrate
06-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Here are the additional badge requests I received:

Eric
Voodoo Daddy
phil in sofla

~~~ 11 ~~~

Kato
06-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Susan, Q-Guy probably lives 15 minutes from me and I've never met the man. I know where he plays, Phil and Voodoo know him but we don't seem to run in the same circles. Rest assured I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Conversation between Wendy and Kato at the door.

Kato: Wendy, why don't you take this lovely Blackheart cue

9-ball girl: Why Kato, thank you. Take this Tailsman Case

Kato: You may want this $50 cash bonus for your hard work

9-ball girl: Wow, that's nice of you, perhaps you'd like the Fantasy 9-ball package

Kato: Absolutely, just for that you can have 4 years worth of inside pool

9-ball girl: Here Kato, take these excellent Tailsman tips. I'm sure you'll put them to great use.

Kato: For your generosity Wendy I present you with both the first and second place trophies. You've earned them.

Kato..........'Tucky...........Tot aka "Door Man"

Deeman
06-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Kato,

This is sounding a little too Bill Clintonish to me. Both of you will be frisked before and after the event!

Out of purely platonic concern for her, I will search 9 ball girl and let some of the other members search you. That is, unless, you can set me up with a couple of nice prizes in advance.

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2003, 02:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman:</font><hr> Kato,

This is sounding a little too Bill Clintonish to me. Both of you will be frisked before and after the event!

Out of purely platonic concern for her, I will search 9 ball girl and let some of the other members search you. That is, unless, you can set me up with a couple of nice prizes in advance. <hr /></blockquote>

Bahahahahaha! You guys are killing me! Hey Deeman, I don't know about frisking me but you can hug me if you'd like!

Wendy~~~knows the best part of seeing everyone is the hugs and kisses!

Deeman
06-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Wendy,

That's good enough for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Kato
06-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Well it's not good enough for me!!!!!!! I will fully search 9-ball Girl's person to check for hidden and not so hidden assets!!!!!! She will not get away with this!!!!!!!

Kato~~~do I sound really convincing and scary? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2003, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Well it's not good enough for me!!!!!!! I will fully search 9-ball Girl's person to check for hidden and not so hidden assets!!!!!! She will not get away with this!!!!!!!

Kato~~~do I sound really convincing and scary? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Kato, my darling Kato. You don't have to convince me. You know I'd do anything for you...http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/devil-naughty.gif

Wendy~~~waiting to see who'll call the bluff...http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/diabolo.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
06-10-2003, 03:43 PM
I wonder if Tom In Cincy is going to show up with all those prizes???????

LOL

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2003, 11:25 PM
I've just added our latest contender on the list above.

Kato
06-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Never heard of him. Tom in SacTown. I know that guy.

Kato~~~and Wendy, I don't bluff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Like Marvin Gaye once sang, Let's Get It On....

Teehee

Wendy~~~can't get enough of Kato!

Wally_in_Cincy
06-11-2003, 10:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

...11. Eric...
<hr /></blockquote>

And if Fast Larry shows up.....

http://fabulous.future.easyspace.com/misc/hongkongphooey.jpg

I got Eric's back.

Ole Fast is a karate-man ya know

Kato
06-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Hey, it's Hong Kong Phuey. #1 Super Guy.

Kato~~~has got NuttyWally in Hamiltucky Heavens back.

9 Ball Girl
06-11-2003, 10:48 AM
Bahahahahaha! "Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting..."

Wendy~~~has got Kato's back from the lands below!