PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing...

rackmup
06-08-2003, 03:27 PM
...plain old "joes" like us, through watching a televised match with a certain professional male player, based on one line uttered by a commentator, can deem this certain player to be "gay" and through the same wonders that the Internet provides, we can expect and claim to become overnight "forces to be reckoned with", going from a s/l 3 to a s/l 7, based on simply reading posts yet we still cannot, even with all of these powers, gain world peace, eradicate diseases, or decide which chalk is best for a certain type tip.

Simply amazing. I'm dumfounded. Or, maybe I'm just dumb.

Regards,

Ken (does the earth rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise and if you think you know, how do you really know and is that rotation caused by inside or outside english?)

heater451
06-08-2003, 06:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> . . .(does the earth rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise and if you think you know, how do you really know and is that rotation caused by inside or outside english?)<hr /></blockquote>It does neither, Ken.

The world is flat, and the Sun is jumped over the Earth everyday. Whether it's a legal jump, or a scoop, I'm not so sure. . . .

========================

Deeman
06-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Ken,

I have many of the same concerns as you. I find it very strange that a perfectly innocent comment on TV would lead to discussions of the sexuality of a player. I do know a few pros that do not post on CCB just because they are afraid that things will be misinterpreted or taken out of context. It is a shame that it has become that way. One of the nice things about this chat board has always been that it dealt mostly with pool and kept bashing of race, beliefs and so forth to a minimum. Some things occasionally flair up like the Fast Larry stuff and even the mindless meanderings of a wolf or two. However, I have just decided to lay off most of those posts and skip the mind drivel as much as possible.

Now, if a person who has some concept of inside/outside English asks a question about it, I just wait until I see if they get an answer then, maybe, chime in if I can help. As far as insulting posts that insinuate something or ones that run on for many pages just to hear themselves talk, I'll let the others pick them up. I think many of us have learned, painfully, to just skip them.

Qtec
06-09-2003, 09:33 AM
The Earth rotates anti-clockwise in the northern hemisphere and in the south vice-versa. Its definately OE and a lot of it .
Iknow this because of the way the water runs away in my bath ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

06-10-2003, 03:04 PM
I AGREE! I AGREE! I AGREE!
I have to agree with Deeman about laying off of the comments on a meandering wolf or two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
AND NOT SPEND TO MUCH TIME TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THEY(comentators or posters) SHOULD HAVE SAID. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sparky
06-10-2003, 03:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman:</font><hr> One of the nice things about this chat board has always been that it dealt mostly with pool and kept bashing of race, beliefs and so forth to a minimum. <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman,

It's unfortunate that Ken seems to like to bash people all the time. I have read some of his posts. Personally, I am getting sick of all the bashing. I thought this was a place to get good information regarding pool, but I guess I was wrong.

"Sparky"

arn3
06-10-2003, 03:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> ,,,,,I'm dumfounded. Or, maybe I'm just dumb.

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

probably that, because this post contains the most broken logic i've read in a while. the last was also posted at ccb.:):):)

Tom_In_Cincy
06-10-2003, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was a place to get good information regarding pool, but I guess I was wrong <hr /></blockquote>

When you buy a newspaper, do you read all of it, or just the articles that catch your attention?

Same applies here... its your choice to read what you want.

Good luck on what you choose.