PDA

View Full Version : Test the Nation? (Especially Patrick)

Fred Agnir
06-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Anybody watch and do it last night? I was too busy watching Monster Garage and American Chopper, but I found the BBC Test the Nation test online.

And Patrick, if you take it, I want to see the printed (copied/pasted) score.

Fred <~~~ 136

nAz
06-10-2003, 09:33 AM
wheres the link dude?

nAz
06-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Here is the link to the test... TEST (http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/takethetest/)

Long ass test /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did not do as well as Fred 113 I did really bad on the number and on the logic parts. Kinda difficult this test since im not from the UK /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SPetty
06-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Here's the link to the Fox site:

http://testonfox.com/

I'm guessing this thread isn't getting a lot of hits/responses because pool players as a general group maybe aren't too proud of their IQ test results...

Did anyone notice that if you're under 35 years old, you can't score higher than 135, while to get the highest score of 150, you had to be 55 or older. Based on their scoring, when Fred turns 55, he can miss twice as many questions as he missed and still score higher than he just did!!!

Fred must be lying, though, because there's no way the boy's older than 34 years old! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fred Agnir
06-10-2003, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Fred must be lying, though, because there's no way the boy's older than 34 years old! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hehe. Flattery will get you everywhere.

Fred &lt;~~~ 36, and carded last week !!

eg8r
06-10-2003, 11:43 AM
I missed it also. I was watching the same as you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Did you watch the Monster House show. That is the second show I have seen, and I would not be willing to be part of that show. They built a Tiki god on the peoples wall and the mouth was the fireplace..ugliest thing I have ever seen. The bathroom was kinda cool with the tropical rainforest theme but still a little too much, and a lot of work when you get ready to sell the house.

eg8r

eg8r
06-10-2003, 12:07 PM
I got a lowly 111. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I did horrible on the logic. I hope that does not mean anything /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Fred Agnir
06-10-2003, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I missed it also. I was watching the same as you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Did you watch the Monster House show. That is the second show I have seen, and I would not be willing to be part of that show. They built a Tiki god on the peoples wall and the mouth was the fireplace..ugliest thing I have ever seen. The bathroom was kinda cool with the tropical rainforest theme but still a little too much, and a lot of work when you get ready to sell the house.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>I watched it. I am exactly on the same page as you. Nice theme, nasty Tiki fireplace, overall kinda cool, probably for about a month. Sickening after a while. Really tough to sell the house without a tear down.

Fred &lt;~~~ liked the car racing house

SPetty
06-10-2003, 12:11 PM
BTW - on the TV show last night, they showed some comparison scores of different classes/groups/whatevers of people, and one of them was Republicans/Democrats. It was funny how they did it - they showed Republicans : 113. Then paused for a bit before revealing that Democrats average score was...

hahahaha, just fooling...

scrolling down some more....

just like the wait in the show.....

gawd don't you hate it when people post like this? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Democrats : 113

eg8r
06-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Ha ha, the car racing house was the other one that I have seen. I really liked it. Who pays 10k for ceiling fans. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think my wife was going to die when they put the tool boxes in the kitchen.

eg8r

Fred Agnir
06-10-2003, 01:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Here's the link to the Fox site:

http://testonfox.com/<hr /></blockquote>
I actually took the BBC one, which was the original, I assume. I just took the Fox one, which is I assume what they showed last night?

Fred &lt;~~~ 132

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2003, 01:32 PM
I scored 127.

Qtec
06-10-2003, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got a lowly 111.
<hr /></blockquote>

Dontworry eg8r, i,m sure it was a mistake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifLOL

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Qtec
06-10-2003, 01:52 PM
I dont believe you .As far as i can gather ,all the Rebuplicans were watching the 'Monster Show'. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Q

Deeman
06-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Gee! We all have the same tastes in shows? I felt the house was nice for THEM to live in. I love American Chopper, my wife wants to kill Paul Senior but he makes the show worth watching. I gotta get me a set of wheels made by those folks....I'm even thinking of powder coating my cue case! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I started to take the test but it seemed they were just drawing out a show that was too long anyway. I just couldn't flip back and forth at the right times.

Qtec
06-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Fred,get your specs out. They were asking for your IQ , not what you made on the first nine holes at the golf club. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Patrick
06-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Free online tests are never accurate, they measure too high for stupid people and obviously too low for smarter people. Those tests also have a very low ceiling and are just a waste of time because of it, there is no problem to get a maximum score on it and then you can't make a difference with someone who has 160 IQ and 200+ IQ.

Paul Cooijmans' tests are much better, they are high ceiling tests that cost $5, but they still are bad because he is not smart enough and does some questions wrong. http://www.gliaweb.net/tests/sit/ So when I made the SIT test I had to think how a stupid person is thinking in order to solve the questions. I was stuck on a question for days, then Paul added norms of the test to his site, and then I saw that you only need 175 IQ for all questions right, I answered the question I was stuck on in 2 minutes!
I haven't sent the test to him, I still have the easiest questions left, but they take so long time. I always do the hardest questions first because I will never send if I don't have the maximum score, I would be ashamed unless the creator of the test is wrong.

But IQ tests are stupid anyways, they don't measure intelligence, none of the tests do, IQ is knowledge and memory control with very very little intelligence, the most intelligent person alive could only score 150 IQ! While a stupid guy with a good brain and lots of knowledge could score 190 IQ no problem. I wouldn't care if I would get 150 IQ instead of 200 IQ, it doesn't change who I am.

"IQ tests do not measure intelligence; they measure stupidity no matter what score you get."

"It is not the body or vehicle that matters, it is the one who is controlling it..."

"IQ is knowledge of the rules in the physical plane"

Patrick

Patrick
06-10-2003, 10:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Anybody watch and do it last night? I was too busy watching Monster Garage and American Chopper, but I found the BBC Test the Nation test online.

And Patrick, if you take it, I want to see the printed (copied/pasted) score.

Fred &lt;~~~ 136 <hr /></blockquote>I got under 100 even after I restarted the test many times, I couldn't finish reading the questions before time went out and didn't answer the question. This test depends on reading speed and brain speed. The language part is also just stupid, I always get below 100 on language tests. And how am I supposed to know where the 0 is located on an english phone?
I got all right on the memory questions, and my memory is the 2nd worst thing I have, knowledge is my worst. Complex deep multi dimensional thinking is what I'm good at, this test is just stupid. Very easy to answer all right on everything except language test if you get little more time to complete the questions.

"I am not a brain"

Patrick

Alfie
06-11-2003, 01:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> I got under 100 even after I restarted the test many times, I couldn't finish reading the questions before time went out and didn't answer the question. This test depends on reading speed and brain speed. <hr /></blockquote>I fear my brain twitch fibers are a bit slow.

Fred Agnir
06-11-2003, 07:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Fred,get your specs out. They were asking for your IQ , not what you made on the first nine holes at the golf club. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>Whoops.

Fred &lt;~~~ and that was just the first hole alone