PDA

View Full Version : ARRGHHH Trick Shots!!!

UWPoolGod
06-10-2003, 02:51 PM
If I see the trick shot exhibition on TV one more time I am going to snap....the same one...over, and over, and over, and over. At least 4 times now. Give me a break. At least get some new women's on or something.

06-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Imagine you're in a neverending loop of "Clockwork Orange" and they've got your eyes pinned open, and you have to watch Mike Massey miss his own trick shot for the fourth time after Dr. Cue made it ...

Actually, it's kind of like that after one go-round for me. Even the 1998 All-Star Home Run Derby is preferable. With all the good pool being shot every day around the world, why do they have to inflict this on us? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

UWPoolGod
06-10-2003, 04:52 PM
I guess any pool is good pool on tv. Just after the first thing I see is a 4 ball flying in the pocket I am like "alright pool on tv"...then they switch camaras to Dr. Cue and I am like "gee whiz, again"

Has anyone been able to download the O'Sullivan max snooker break off of the bbc.com website. I tried and cannot get it. What program do you need if you have?

06-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Well, at least you probably can watch some good pool of some sort at your regular hall on just about any given day. Wish I had more time for that ... usually want to squeeze out every available minute on the table, rather than on the rail. If I had taken up the game seriously about 5 years sooner, it's doubtful I'd have gotten hitched, for sure.

Nick B
06-10-2003, 05:46 PM
You can get The Rockets 147 from BBC.com

goto to sport....then snooker. The man is a god.
Anyone how has ever tried snooker should check this out.
web page (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/2968373.stm)

Nick

Sparky
06-10-2003, 05:51 PM
I would like to see more pool on ESPN or ESPN2, but not the same matches over and over again. Maybe someday there will be a Pool/Billiard Channel. At this point in time, there probably isn't enough interest in it. It probably wouldn't generate enough audience. Therefore, it wouldn't be very profitable.

"Sparky"

Nostroke
06-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Its because the Non players of which there are 1000 times more of them than us are impressed by these "hard shots" and the show gets ratings comparatively.

Afterall, when you see Karen play Allison, or any other top players on TV, all they do is make those easy shots im sure anyone can make.

Candyman
06-10-2003, 06:48 PM
It still beats Oprah.

Nightstalker
06-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Yeah anything is better than Oprah! Although I agree that the trick shot matches are boring after you watch them twice haha. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif