PDA

View Full Version : KARLA CHORNY SHOOTS IN WPBA AT PEORIA

BLACKHEART
06-10-2003, 05:50 PM
BLACK HEART CUES is pleased to announce that Karla Chorny(who posts here),was notified that she has been chosen to fill a slot in the WPBA stop at Peoria, this weekend. This will be the 2nd PRO TOURNAMENT for Karla & we wish her all the best. Play starts at 10:00 Thursday morning til 4:30 PM. Then the afternoon session goes from 5:30 PM til Midnight. Ticket prices are $6 for morning sessions & $8 for afternoon play. Sunday's session is sold out, but there are tickets for all other times, still available as of today.
Love to see ya there, Karla, my wife Connie & I will be there in our "BLACK HEART" shirts. Stop by & say hello...JER

Candyman
06-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Congratulations on entry Karla. Please let us know how things go. Good Luck, Lock

eg8r
06-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Congratulations Karla!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hope you do well.

Good luck.

eg8r

Karatemom
06-10-2003, 08:15 PM
Way to go, Karla! We wish you all the best of luck!

Heide

Scott Lee
06-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Definitely wishing for (and EXPECTING) good things for Karla! Hopefully she has had some time to digest the tapes of our lessons together, and it will help make a difference in her latest appearance in The Big Show! Best of luck Karla!

Scott Lee

GreenLion
06-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Congratulations Karla!Wishing you the best of Luck /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
06-11-2003, 04:27 AM
Way to go Karla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be watching the brackets.

There are also other CCB'ers playing in Peoria. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I wish them all good luck and safe travels.

Barbara
06-11-2003, 04:46 PM
You go Karla!!!

Tell her that the J. Pechaeur NorthEast Women's Tour wishes her well!!

Karla won a Q from the old NEWT tour in Syracuse three years ago.

Barbara

Ralph S.
06-12-2003, 07:41 AM
WOOHOO Karla, you go girl!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Karla
06-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! As you probably saw in the brackets, I didn't do too well. But I had a GREAT time, got to see some old friends and make some new ones. It was great to see Jerry and his wife again... I can't say enough nice things about them. And Carol Clark always looks terrific and is one of those people everyone feels fortunate to have met. I also had the pleasure of officially meeting Fran finally! And I got Jean Balukas' autograph! Can't wait to do it again, although I have no idea when that might be possible.

Thanks again!
Karla

BLACKHEART
06-16-2003, 01:25 PM
KARLA is being too modist. Because of her newly opened business, she has devoted all of her time to making it a success & hasn't played,but a couple of games, in the last few months. When she got the call, to play in the WPBA spring tournament in Peoria, she jumped at the chance. With only a weeks practice time under her belt she played Alice Rim(the # 30 ranked professional player) & lost 9-7. The score was 8-7 & Karla was in the process of running out to make the score 8-8 when she left the 8 ball hanging in the pocket & an easy 9. I'd say that if the 8 goes & with the score tied she probably would have won. KARLA YOU PLAYED WELL, BOTH OFFENSIVELY & DEFENSIVELY. BLACK HEART CUSTOM CUES IS PROUD OF YOU...Jerry & Connie Eick (BLACK HEART)

dave
06-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Karla is being too modest. I saw her second match on Saturday and she played with a lot of heart against a very strong player on the tour. She had a good chance in the match and things hinged on a couple of nine balls on the break that went against her. Otherwise, it might have been another story all together.