PDA

View Full Version : Granito 2000 cloth

03-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Hey all,

One of the places I play has this cloth on 7 of their 10 tables. Personally I can't stand this cloth. I think it is way too fast, I think it gets faster, and stickier as it gets older as well. They prefer it over simonis because they claim it stays faster longer. Yesterday I played on a simonis table, and was playing very well. Today I go to this place, and I am not kidding, my cue ball control (using simonis stroke speed) was consistantly off by approx 2ft! I ended up feeling like I was just tapping the CB really, really holding back on my stroke. It felt like the muscles in my arm were tensing up just to slow down the forward stroke. OF course they never clean the balls so that might have something to do with the "sticky feeling"
Once the Simonis table opened up I told the guy I was changing tables. He says what? too fast for ya'"? I just said Yup. and went back to the other table and started getting out from everywhere.
Any of you have to play (tolerate) this cloth? IMHO STROKE DESTROYER

Tom_In_Cincy
03-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Fast cloth and a level table is one of my little pleasures in life. I love to play on a table that has new cloth (860, 760 or 2000). All my skills seem to just flow on these tables. The whole game seems to be a total experience. The CALM of the table is just wonderful....

Scott Lee
03-29-2002, 05:37 PM
Tom...Me too (love new cloth)...except doing SOME trickshots. That new cloth (either brand) is SO slick the balls skid like crazy, and hardly throw at ALL! LOL Really makes me adjust, and sometimes I just have to leave certain shots out of my show!

Scott

Tom_In_Cincy
03-29-2002, 05:40 PM
I also find that playing on new cloth gives you better feedback on how well you are playing.. stroking and mentally approaching the game altogether.. Love New Cloth

03-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Hey Shot!
I noticed that the Granito was a lot faster than the Simonis too, but I actually kind of liked it. I don't have a perfect stroke, and I tend to underhit a lot of shots, so I found the Granito was actually a big help. Still, I can understand how someone who has their 'stuff together' as it were, could become frustrated by the Granito.
An aside, Hey there Scott! I didn't realize you were here too. Drop a line sometime. How'd the party turn out in VF?

cueball1950
03-29-2002, 10:11 PM
we use granito on our unheated billiards tables...do not like it on a regular table. i may be wrong but the local owner here told me it was made for billiard tables..oh well.you learn something new everyday....mike

Barbara
03-29-2002, 10:22 PM
I know Granito 2000. The owner at Tacony chose to cover the Black Crowns with it. That lasted for about 6 months. The players didn't like it, and neither did the 1-pocket players. Too slick. It's really for 3C tables.

Barbara~~~never saw such wicked spin on such cloth....

TonyM
03-30-2002, 01:50 AM
You might want to experiment with a lighter cue for very fast cloth. A light cue takes some speed off of the ball (less energy transfer efficiency). Also, try a softer tip for the same reason. You could try more drag shots, and less running english.

Tony

Chris Cass
03-30-2002, 11:33 AM
Hi Scott,
Give it a chance. Once you get used to it, the guy that wants to play on it, will ask you change again. No matter what the cloth, you'll be ready for the tourneys.
JMO,
C.C.

03-31-2002, 09:44 AM
If you guys are ever in Colorado Springs, come to Aim Ahead Billiards, you will find Granito 2000 on my 4x8 non-coin, ball return, Valley Cougar with shimmed pockets and a big cue ball. I need to "remove" that comfort zone all road players seem to have since they play "all " the time. BF