PDA

View Full Version : Sparky vs. Nightstalker

Sparky
06-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Well...Nightstalker and I dueled it out tonight on our "PizzaKrapp" table. It's an Italian model...LOL!!!! It's actually not our table. It is a friend's table.

We played 8-Ball and 9-Ball...race to five with each. Nightstalker took the 8-Ball race defeating Sparky 5 to 3. Sparky took the 9-Ball race defeating Nightstalker 5 to 3. What a night!

Can anyone explain to us how to play RSB? We are a little confused. Is it just like 9-Ball only with all 15 balls?

teen1216
06-11-2003, 08:26 PM
The only time I have ever heard of RSB is referring to the newsgroup rec.sport.billiard. In your other post, what you called RSB, I believe you are talking about rotation. If I am wrong on this, disregard the rest of the post. In rotation, the balls are hit in order, 1-15, like nine ball. You do not win by sinking the 15 though, it is a race to 61 points. The number on the ball sunk is the point value that ball holds. Therefore if the first person sinks the 1,11,2,3,4,5, and 6 he has 32 points. Suppose he then sinks the 7,13,8, and 9. He then has 32+7+13+8+9 or 69 and he has won the game. I play fouls as ball behind the head string, but I do not know if that is correct or not.

cheesemouse
06-11-2003, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone explain to us how to play RSB? We are a little confused. Is it just like 9-Ball only with all 15 balls?
<hr /></blockquote>

It's a secret and you will find no rules to the game, no one will devulge the secret to you till you are excepted into the secret society of Internet pool junkies.....hehehehehe...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

teen1216
06-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Oops I may have slipped up and revealed a secret. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

miko
06-11-2003, 09:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote teen1216:</font><hr> I play fouls as ball behind the head string, but I do not know if that is correct or not. <hr /></blockquote>

If this is the same rotation as what the Filipinos play, then you have 2 options when your opponent commits a foul. You can shoot the OB from where the CB is or you can have the OB spotted and the cueball behind the headstring. Hope this helps

Deniel
06-11-2003, 10:07 PM
That's basically it
When someone fouled, the lowest numbered object ball is spoted, and the cue ball can be put anywhere behind the head string.

Fred Agnir
06-12-2003, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote teen1216:</font><hr> The only time I have ever heard of RSB is referring to the newsgroup rec.sport.billiard. In your other post, what you called RSB, I believe you are talking about rotation. If I am wrong on this, disregard the rest of the post. <hr /></blockquote>Disregard this post.

Fred Agnir
06-12-2003, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> Can anyone explain to us how to play RSB? We are a little confused. Is it just like 9-Ball only with all 15 balls? <hr /></blockquote>RSB? RSB is rec.sport.billiard, an internet USENET newsgroup much like this one. As with many long time USENET groups, originally the members were mostly of the technical variety given the lower percentage of population that had anything to do with computers. Hence, the conversation there tends to gravitate towards the technical side of pool.

There have been at least two internet pool tournaments using rules unique to RSB. One was a bastardization of Allen Hopkins Q-Skills. The other, and more popular, is FARGO, named after the originator's home town. It's a combination of Equal Offense and Rotation. The rules of FARGO can be found at playpool.com.

FARGO Rulz (http://www.playpool.com/rsbasp/fargo/)

Fred

highsea
06-12-2003, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr>
Can anyone explain to us how to play RSB? We are a little confused. Is it just like 9-Ball only with all 15 balls? <hr /></blockquote>

You need a newsreader to play RSB.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fred Agnir
06-12-2003, 12:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr>
Can anyone explain to us how to play RSB? We are a little confused. Is it just like 9-Ball only with all 15 balls? <hr /></blockquote>

You need a newsreader to play RSB.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote> For anyone that truly is confused, RSB is not a game. It's a newsgroup rec.sport.billiard. You need a newsreader to read RSB. Just like you need an internet browser to read the Billiards Digest CCBoard.

Fred

Nightstalker
06-12-2003, 01:18 PM
How bout not RSB, but rotation straight pool? How do you play that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fred Agnir
06-12-2003, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> How bout not RSB, but rotation straight pool? How do you play that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>You have to check out Patrick's site for that. Nobody but Patrick plays that game.

http://www.angelfire.com/film/rsp/

Fred