Fear the Cats

Kato
06-12-2003, 10:06 AM
I am not afraid.

Kato

Ward
06-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Kato

The fans won't support them and they will move to Jackson, MS or somewhere in a couple of years. New Orleans is already taken...What kind of name is Bobcats for a basketball team...Geez

PQQLK9
06-12-2003, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ward:</font><hr> Kato

The fans won't support them and they will move to Jackson, MS or somewhere in a couple of years. New Orleans is already taken...What kind of name is Bobcats for a basketball team...Geez <hr /></blockquote>
Actually Charlotte led the league in attendance for 8 (eight) years before the owner started messing around with the local felines (cheerleaders included) and had his day in court on Court TV. That did not play too well in the Bible Belt.
Since the new owners name is Bob, the name was probably the logical choice of the the final ones.(Flight,Dragons and Bobcats)
I bet ol' Mark Cuban would have named the Mavericks the "Markmen"if he could. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Anyhow..if you get to Charlotte I will buy you tickets in the nosebleed section.

PQQLK9
06-12-2003, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I am not afraid.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>
Ok then... GROWL! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
06-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Oh well that did it, I'm scared now /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato

Kato
06-12-2003, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ward:</font><hr>What kind of name is Bobcats for a basketball team...Geez <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know who names their basketball team that but we used to have an Arena Football Team here named "Bobcats". With all the politically proper names you can't go crazy anymore. Heck, the animal rights wacko's will probably stress out about this.

Kato~~~~NBA basketball.........hate it

UWPoolGod
06-12-2003, 11:47 AM
All I know is that this team might draw attendance for the first half season, but after they go 8-33 in the first half of the season they will move on when attendance drops to WNBA levels. But who knows...definitely not me.

Kato
06-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Depending on Supplemental drafting and free agency rules they may be able to put a competative team on the floor.

Kato

Ward
06-12-2003, 12:11 PM
I was only making fun. I hope they do well. I just hoped they would choose Charlotte Flight... Now that would be great, high flying NBA...

Later

Kato
06-12-2003, 01:43 PM
??????????

Definitely not enough run and gun teams in the NBA.

Kato~~~likes hoops from the 80's.