PDA

View Full Version : Bronx Bombers get the NO-NO at home

Tom_In_Cincy
06-12-2003, 12:16 PM
The Houston Astros used 6 pitchers (new MLB record) to combine to no-hit the Yankees at home.

How embarrassing. I feel very sorry for all you Yankee Fans.

Except VooDooDaddy.... he will find something about this game to feel good about.. LOL

Kato
06-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Yeah, Matsui (sp) didn't strike out in the last at bat /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In other news on ESPN the Red Sox flat out pounded the Cards. Love it. June 12 and the Red Sox are in 1rst place.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
06-12-2003, 02:19 PM
The both of you are lucky I love you.

Wendy<---Yankee fan 'til the day she dies...

Fred Agnir
06-12-2003, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>

In other news on ESPN the Red Sox flat out pounded the Cards. Love it. June 12 and the Red Sox are in 1rst place.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>None of my co-workers are even cheering. They know like the rest of the baseball world knows: it's just a matter of time before the meltdown.

Fred

Kato
06-12-2003, 02:39 PM
But Fred, what if there is no meltdown? Oh ye of little faith.

Kato~~~has much faith

eg8r
06-12-2003, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But Fred, what if there is no meltdown? Oh ye of little faith.

Kato~~~has much faith <hr /></blockquote> Yeah, that is like saying, WHAT IF there is no terrorists bombers in Israel. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Yankees are struggling for some reason. I hate to say it, but it started going down hill when Mo and Jeter came back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The great thing is that the Yanks always get their second wind during the BoSox meltdown. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~Hoping Kato has a large forgiving heart when "WHAT IF" actually happens /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ralph S.
06-13-2003, 07:35 AM
I agree Tom, it couldnt have happened to a more deserving team. As many pennants as Steinbrenner has bought, its a wonder he didnt pay off the Houston pitchers to surrender atleast one hit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif By the way, my beloved Chicago Cubs are in first place too. Is it too early to start dreaming of a Cubs-Redsox world series? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-13-2003, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Is it too early to start dreaming of a Cubs-Redsox world series? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yes!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wendy&lt;---devout Yankee fan... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
06-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Too early YES. Delusional - YES

eg8r

eg8r
06-13-2003, 09:22 AM
Steinbrenner might be accused of "buying" his team, but what about the Mets, Dodgers and BoSox? They all spend a ton, but since they are not spending the most you do not mention them. Also, since their high paid purchases do not perform as well as a group they are not chastised. I wonder if the Mets won this year, if they would be hailed as the latest team to buy a WS?

It is far too easy to say a team was bought (and it may be true), but that same team still needs to play all 162 games. What if the starting 9 players were all hurt and on the DL (for the majority of the season) and the Yanks still won the WS, would that be a purchased team also? You bet, because every single team is bought. It costs money to put a team out there even the lowly Royals, Expos and Brewers know that you need to pay. It is more a matter of how well do you buy. I am sure you all know this, all the money spent by Steinbrenner did not get a win in the final series the past few years. How about Arizona, they bought their win and have almost gone bankrupt because of it, however you are not chastising them.

The Yankees must also have bought all those stars that come out of their farm system.

eg8r

Ralph S.
06-14-2003, 06:18 AM
Eg8r, I know the Redsox have spent megabucks&lt;the Manny Ramirez saga&gt;,and yes Arizona bought their pennant as have the Marlins&lt;firesale following season&gt;. I think though, that if you look at it in earnest, the Yankees wouldnt have won as many pennants as they have if it werent for the luxury of being in NYC and having the money to spend.

As far as farm systems goes, the Yankees' farm system pales in comparison to many teams in either leauge. Year in and year out the Yanks are always involved in free agent aquisitions. The Cubs and Reds are two teams that have always had excellent farm teams, better than the Yankees anyhow. The Expos, have consistently had arguably the best farm team over the last five years.

As for "all those stars" the Yanks have prodeced, NAME THEM. Face it, the Yanks will always be a team that buys, not builds from within.

06-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Any small setback for the Bronx evildoers, those spawn of Mordor, is a small victory for all that's good and decent in this vale of tears.

Hard-core Mets fan ... but I'M NOT BITTER.