PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hall Junkies

pooldaddy9
06-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Is this movie still playing? I've only heard of this movie on this board but have never seen it advertised. Can you buy a DVD or VHS?

06-15-2003, 01:07 AM
I have telephoned and inquired in many major cities to find this movie, but have been unsuccesful. In one major city however, I played some top guys who had actually seen it on the big screen, at a radio sponsored special preview. They had t-shirts, and posters, and postcards, and good reviews, but the movie was gone. I can't wait to see it.

pooldaddy9
06-15-2003, 07:52 AM
Use to be all you heard about, then it was gone. Maybe it will be out soon.If it doesn't play here or close, I'm not gonna drive 3-4 hours to go see it. I had heard it wasn't that good but I still want to see it.

06-16-2003, 09:32 PM
I've seen it. It did so poorly at the box office, they pulled the plug on future theater plans and it's supposed to be going straight to video. Should show up within a month or two, I'd imagine. I'd buy it just to add another pool movie to my DVD collection.

It's not all that bad, really. Not Academy Award material by far (the only decent acting in it was by Christopher Walken, and some of Mars' lines were horrid), and the pool playing is composed of mostly over-the-top high-speed completely unrealistic shots. But they did their homework, dropping names of some legendary players and spouting some hustling lingo that would leave your average non-pool playing viewers scratching their heads. Which is probably why it didn't fare so well in theaters -- only the true players and students of the game would get half of it. Unlike Color of Money, where it was all flashy actors and the pool was dumbed down for the video game crowd.

Nightstalker
06-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Yep, I gave up on seeing it at a theater. I am now awaiting the video release.

Harold Acosta
06-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Got this email from Billiard Boys. They have promotional materials from the movie. The email reads as follows:

Poolhall Junkies had a short and sweet run in the theaters, and beginning Tuesday, August 12th it's available on home video and DVD to add to your personal collection! The Special Edition Poolhall Junkies DVD will include many bonus features, including commentary from Writer/Director/Star Mars Callahan and Writer Chris Corso!

Watch your email or visit billiardboys.com in the next few weeks for updated information about the Poolhall Junkies DVD and Video.

And, don't forget to check out our officially licensed Poolhall Junkies gear. Show the world you're a fan!

Sincerely,

Billiard Boys
-----------------------------------------------------------
www.billiardboys.com (http://www.billiardboys.com)

pooldaddy9
06-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Thanks, I guess I will have to wait a little longer.