PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Message Board...and amgine vs gna

06-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Whether my thoughts are in agreement with others or not, I am confident in them do not need or want a second ID. This board is fantastic, to see the activity, the wide range of discussion, the varying points of view and the diverse feedback on almost any thoughts regarding to the wonderful game of pool. Thank you to Billiard Digest for providing such a forum.

The interesting responses to the "Scott Lee" lesson were very educational, as to the mindset of many players. Kudos to "journeyman" who seems to get the gist of my thoughts, and explains it perhaps more succintly. I think most are missing the fact that it is not table time that is being upped, but the owner is taking a portion of the proceeds being generated inside his business. Yes, the pro could take payment outside, and not let the owner know, but in this example that is not the case. Also, I wonder if that pro has a business license allowing him to do business in said community. I am sure the room owner pays for his business license on a yearly basis. It seems to be a touchy subject with many, but to me the crux of the matter rests in the fact that this pro is "doing business" using the room owners premises and customers. It is obvious that he should pay the same table time as any one else using the tables, but the question is should a part of his business proceeds be forwarded to the pwner? I think the answer can only be yes.

UTAddb
06-13-2003, 04:19 PM
To the fine member...you don't need to reply to every post with a new thread! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tateuts
06-13-2003, 04:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote amgine:</font><hr> It is obvious that he should pay the same table time as any one else using the tables, but the question is should a part of his business proceeds be forwarded to the pwner? I think the answer can only be yes.

<hr /></blockquote>

I can't hold my tongue anymore. Scott was there at the request of an employee of the club, who was a former customer, working for that person (not the club) as an instructor. Scott did not set up shop in the club soliciting customers, but was there at the invitation of an employee/customer.

How in the name of heaven, can you rationalize a pathetic attempt at levying a "tax" by the owner, over and above table time, because Scott has been asked by an employee for a lesson?

I own a business - a damn good business - with lots of loyal customers. If my customers are happy, I'm happy. There is no way I could morally justify such an action.

I don't care if Scott adds value to the place or not. He was invited there. The owner has the right to remove him, and Scott has the right to smear the owner for his irrational GREED 'till kingdom come as far as I'm concerned.

While Scott has too much class to say this, I don't. I found your critisism of his fees to be repugnant. It's none of your business what fees Scott commands.

Chris

heater451
06-13-2003, 05:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote amgine:</font><hr> . . .Kudos to "journeyman" who seems to get the gist of my thoughts, and explains it perhaps more succintly. . . .<hr /></blockquote>Member names are in blue (and linked to profile pages). The bold print 'title' under the name is an addition by the bulletin board code--based on number of posts. In fact, here is the text from the FAQ (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/faq_english.php?Cat=) :

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone has a title within the forum. You will notice them below the Username in each post. Some titles are automatically assigned based on the number of posts a user has made, and some titles are assigned by the forum owner to denote official representatives of the company or other VIPs in the forums.

Here is the list of the standard titles and # of posts to achieve them:

0 stranger
25 newbie
50 journeyman
100 member
200 enthusiast
400 addict
700 old hand
1200 veteran
1600 Pooh-Bah
2500 Carpal Tunnel
<hr /></blockquote>

==========================

WesK
06-13-2003, 06:13 PM
But, is an enigma backwards still an enigma?

06-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the help heater.I am still learning, and unfortunately did not read the manual before jumping in. Thanks for the pointer. I see the value of paragraphs which another member pointed out, and the value of the threads, which yet another member mentioned. Well thought of suggestions. Thanks. An enigma is a puzzle, so it would be more of an enigma spelled backwards.

eg8r
06-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Thank you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

heater451
06-13-2003, 07:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WesK:</font><hr> But, is an enigma backwards still an enigma? <hr /></blockquote>Seems to be a rose by another name. . . .

Interesting though, how "enigma/amgine" shares letters with "imagine".

====================

DebraLiStarr
06-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Amgine,
What if I was a golf pro? Let's say I visit your hometown and offer to meet with you on the golf course to give you private lessons. Let's also say that we agree on a price of $100 for the lesson, and you pay the green fees. Once the green fees are paid, and we head for the first hole, our lesson begins. At the end of 18 holes, we pack up and get ready to leave.

As we are leaving, I am asked to give $40 dollars of the $100 that you just paid me for the lesson back to the golf club. The golf club did not set up the lesson, they did not give the lesson, the lesson just took place on their premises. Tell me what right they have to collect this money for any service that they provided. If you say the use of the green fees, you are wrong, because we already paid the green fees.

If you say it is because we are "using their premises", then I believe that a sign should be posted stating that the business reserves that right to take 20% of the outside instructor's fee. If this is not posted, or agreed to prior, then they do not have any legal leg to stand on. From what I read in Scott's post, this monetary reimbursement request was made after the lesson had started, and that is BS. If there is nothing posted saying that this is a common practice, then I fail to see where this was fair - or legal.

In all frankness, I believe that your interest in keeping this thread going is because you believe that the cost of Scott's lessons are too high. You keep saying that you are not being malicious, but you continue to discuss the existent of a business license and the legality of issues that most of us could care less about.

The point you keep making is that the instructor should forward a portion of his proceeds to the owner. The owner provided the tables, and can only charge the price posted per player (or per players.) Nothing was posted saying otherwise, and I'm pretty sure there was not a special memo written to the pool hall employees concerning traveling pool instructors.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you are going on and on about this to discredit a fine instructor. Stick a sock in it, or go back to yahooland giving your sensational half hour instructional sessions.

Ralph S.
06-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Oh my God!! Hell has frozen over. I am actually in agreement with Debra. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bluewolf
06-14-2003, 07:30 AM
tap tap

06-14-2003, 11:08 PM
I cant believe you guys, you have ran on now about 10 pages and 4 different threads, you wont let this die. Let me put this in perspective for you all, since all of you have lost that. Scott Lee gets overcharged $30, big deal, who cares..
He should just not go back there and find a new place to teach at.

Some instructors charge 25, some 50, some 100, nobody puts a gun to anyones head to pay any fee. If the guy can command a higher fee, that is the reward of sucess. Knocking that is nothing but jealousy from a competitor.

When any top teacher comes to town to teach in anyones room, the smart room owner should comp him everything, his table time, his food, his drinks He should offer a reduced rate to any student who wants to take lessons from him. The more he teaches, the more revenue he makes the owner. It comes back later in spades to the room owner, as the students triple the time they were spending now practicing more.
If the room owner does not share that vision and wants a bite out of the teacher, most will pay that as long as the deal is fair, he just takes the bite &amp; passes it on in the form of a higher fee than he normally charges.
This entire argument you all are having is silly, it is not even worth arguing over, unless you all just love to argue, and have nothing better to do with your time.

I have paid 25, 50, 75, 100 for lessons, and most of them in quality were about the same. So many times, you are paying a higher price for a bigger name. That is the way sports and our world works. There is nothing wrong with that. How do you justify that a leading golf pro gets paid l5K to 25K just to attend and hang out at your corporate cocktail party. He gets that, because his name and his fame pulls that fee.
The Ice Mon

GreenLion
06-15-2003, 01:39 AM
Amgine ive been reading your posts the last few days and i think you owe Scott Lee an apolagy for putting him down the way you did.Putting someone down is a pathetic way of introducing yourself to other people.I also think you owe an apolagy to everyone else in this forum because of your Attitude.If you keep this up and don't apolagize for it then people will eventually stop responding to you.I have no respect for you at this time.If you are a perfessional like you say you are then you need to start acting like one.

rackmup
06-15-2003, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Green Lion:</font><hr> If you are a perfessional like you say you are then you need to start acting like one.<hr /></blockquote>

He is acting like a professional. I think amgine's real name is Earl Strickland. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards,

Ken

06-15-2003, 09:26 AM
I guess you just couldn't stay away? hahahahaha!! AMGINE,GNA,FAT Larry all use the same Earthlink ISP address? routed from Lawrenceville/Duluth? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Vapros
06-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Has anyone noticed that 'amgine' is 'enigma' spelled backwards? Also, if anything happened to the 'g', it would become 'enima'.

06-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Well we now that Fat Larry isn't mentally stable,but heres the funny part,he's showing his REAL colors!! Would you want to do business with this coocoo bird?

06-15-2003, 09:48 AM
YappingWolf, I've had the same suspicion myself, and posted such in another of "amgine's" threads the other day. While I'm becoming fairly sure now that amgine isn't FL, I'm almost positive that gna is. FL had a peculiar typing characteristing which dates back to using old typewriters. I've never before or since seen another internet poster do that -- that is, until gna showed up. While gna's posts are considerably shorter-winded than FL's were, and gna is quite a bit more socially acceptable and conciliatory in his tone, there are too many similarities in their writing style. If gna *is* FL, then thankfully he's learned a lesson or two about how to post in a public forum. Now maybe he can contribute in a positive way to the forum.

I'm curious, since their e-mail addy's aren't in their profile and their IP presumably isn't available to anyone on this board but admins, how did you figure out they share EarthLink as their ISP?

Qtec
06-15-2003, 10:20 AM
Dont you think this is getting out of hand ? This is getting a bit wierd , even for me !
I,m all for regulation but not censorship .

Q

06-15-2003, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Dont you think this is getting out of hand ? This is getting a bit wierd , even for me !
I,m all for regulation but not censorship .

Q <hr /></blockquote>How do you mean? I'm not advocating censorship, if you're referring to me. I'm merely stating the similarities between these "new" members and an old member who was run off this board for stirring people up before.

As for things getting out of hand with amgine and his obvious troll posts, now that is something I can agree with. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Qtec
06-15-2003, 11:50 AM
Not you , my friend , i mean the trolls who just want to spoil it for everybody else . Q

bluewolf
06-15-2003, 09:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> YappingWolf, I've had the same suspicion myself, and posted such in another of "amgine's" threads the other day. While I'm becoming fairly sure now that amgine isn't FL, I'm almost positive that gna is. I'm curious, since their e-mail addy's aren't in their profile and their IP presumably isn't available to anyone on this board but admins, how did you figure out they share EarthLink as their ISP? <hr /></blockquote>

I have earthlink. It assigns a random ip. Possibly yw statement is conjecture based on knowing that fl has earthlink.

06-16-2003, 06:35 AM
Laura, EarthLink assigns dynamic IP's, but they are from a pool of IP's assigned to EarthLink. It's an easy matter to figure out someone's ISP if you can capture their IP address. And with a little more detective work, you can often find which part of the country they're from too.

The way YW talked, I assumed he had done so, and was curious how he came about that info. Perhaps you're right, and he's just blowing smoke.

bolo
06-16-2003, 08:08 AM
I always check who is on line when I sign on. AMGINE and GNA have been on at the same time, how did they do that if they are the same person?

bluewolf
06-16-2003, 08:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> I always check who is on line when I sign on. AMGINE and GNA have been on at the same time, how did they do that if they are the same person? <hr /></blockquote>

Good point. Personally, I do not believe that they are the same person. I know Larry pretty well. I also have seen that amgine has used at least 3 different writing styles:an attempt at a Larry like style, a slim jim one, and another one I am unfamiliar one.

It takes either a very bright person with very good writing skills or a person with multiple personality disorder to pull this off, IMO.

Laura

Barbara
06-16-2003, 08:26 AM
You open up a new page of your browser and re-login with a different screen name.

I'd like to know how you can see the IP address without being the admin.

Barbara~~~just curious...

bluewolf
06-16-2003, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> The way YW talked, I assumed he had done so, and was curious how he came about that info. Perhaps you're right, and he's just blowing smoke. <hr /></blockquote>

If the yw here is the same as the yw on playpool(with a fake screename there something like yappy@yap.com), all he wants is to hurt people who are vulnerable.

He stalked me but I am not vulnerable enough. Assuming this is the same person, Larry was a better target. I come from a family of artists and understand the artistic temperment very well. Whether you like Larry or not is beside the point. He has an artistic temperment which is sensitive and easily hurt much more so than someone like I.

Larry walked right into the trap on playpool by stating his credentials and dug a deeper hole for himself by trying to defend his accomplishments.Even though many here did not like his attitude, I am here to say that I have met him, and he is sensitive like all of the other artists I have known. He has been relentlessly dogged on playpool, with yw leading the way. The more he tried to defend his artistic accomplishments, the more vicious they became.

I frequent azbilliards, where no flaming is allowed. FL is there and there are no problems.

Laura

eg8r
06-16-2003, 09:52 AM
Hey Naz why are you letting all this crap from amgine to move over here and ruin the Non-pool related. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
06-16-2003, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

......It takes either a very bright person with very good writing skills or a person with multiple personality disorder to pull this off, IMO.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

Laura, you may be right.......

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote amgine:</font><hr> ...., I am confident in them do not need or want a second ID. This board is fantastic, to see the activity, the wide range of discussion, the varying points of view and the diverse feedback on almost any thoughts regarding to the wonderful game of pool. Thank you to Billiard Digest for providing such a forum. ....<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote amgine:</font><hr>

....This board holds my interest no longer, so you all can fight among yourselves as to the validity of the answers, or CALL THE BCA.

......<hr /></blockquote>

When you're a schizoprenic like amgine you will never walk alone.

bluewolf
06-16-2003, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
When you're a schizoprenic like amgine you will never walk alone.

<hr /></blockquote>

Amgine probably has the bumper sticker:

"I am schizophrenic and so am I".

Laura