PDA

View Full Version : Border Battle Canada vs USA

snipershot
06-14-2003, 08:34 PM
Hi everybody!

The Border Battle nine ball challenge will take place July 3-5 at the Skratch Laval in Montreal Quebec. Team Canada will consist of Alex Pagulyan, Alain Martel, John Horsfall, and Cliff Thorburn. Team USA will consist of Earl Strickland, Johnny Archer, Corey Deul, and Nick Varner. I watched this entire event last year(on T.V.) and it was probably the most exciting and fun pool I have ever seen. I'm not sure what this year's payouts will be but last year the winning team split $30,000 and the losing team split $12,000.

Anyways this should make some very exciting action and I guess come July 3 we'll find out who shoots better pool, both countries appear to have their finest players participating and I can't wait for the action to begin.

YOU GUYS ARE GOING DOWN!

pooljunkie73
06-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Go Canada Go /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Should be a great match!TSN had excellent coverage last year.

06-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Agreed this will be exciting stuff. The matches last year were fantastic at Dave and Buster's. This year I believe the Canadian team is slightly stronger than last year, so it should be exciting. As to the TV coverage, I would prefer to see matches in their entirety, so viewers have a chance to witness the ebb and flow of a match, and witness the tiny errors that often sway the particular match.

pooljunkie73
06-14-2003, 11:46 PM
Hate to admit it but i agree with you Amgine,Horsfall was a better selection than Potier.As for the TV,they have to edit for time restrictions.

06-15-2003, 12:26 AM
What do you think of switching Luc Salvas to Alain Martel, that move has my vote. And do you think replacing Jeremy Jones with Earl Strickland is a good move? I am sure it will draw more fans out...

eg8r
06-15-2003, 12:55 AM
I love watching Strickland, so I say yes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jeremy is a great guy, but Strickland garners the attention.

Are these matches going to be broadcast on satellite (commercials?) ?

eg8r

06-15-2003, 01:01 AM
yes. no commercials would be much better, I wonder if the Billiard Channel will be broadcasting as part of their 78 weeks.

eg8r
06-15-2003, 10:12 AM
That would be kewl.

eg8r

Irish
06-15-2003, 12:32 PM
I would trade Thorburn for Edwin Montal. Do that and the Canadians would actually have a darn good chance of winning the thing.

Kato
06-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Oh.......Ca.....na........da
USA, USA.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's get ready to ruuuuummmmmmbbbbbbblllllllleeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Kato

pooljunkie73
06-16-2003, 08:59 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

snipershot
06-17-2003, 07:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Irish:</font><hr> I would trade Thorburn for Edwin Montal. Do that and the Canadians would actually have a darn good chance of winning the thing. <hr /></blockquote>

You don't think the Canadians have a good chance of winning with the team they have now? I would rather see Montal there instead of Thorburn,(I don't know alot about Edwin) but Thorburn is more than capable of getting the job done, he has alot more experience than Montal which will come in handy when the pressure gets high. Hopefully the Canadians can pull off the upset.