PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Kato. The East VS. Texas Match...

rackmup
06-15-2003, 08:00 AM
...Round Two IS ON! In fact, It is now a TOUR!

And, this time, I'm a mere few miles from you (I think.)

July 16-18
August 20-22
September 17-19
October 22-24
November 19-21

Holiday Inn
POMPANO BEACH-OCEANSIDE, FL

Whatchathink? Can you handle 5 months in a row? I'll be there for a "Leadership Skills 2003" on-going training seminar.

Dude...this place is RIGHT ON THE BEACH!!! That's an unusual thing fer a fella raised in the desert of Arizona and moved to the boonies of Mansfield, Texas.

Any other Floridian Pool Players want to get together? We could make a night out of it...you know; pool, beers, food, BBQ'ing in the parking lot (do they allow that in Florida? Here, you can BBQ anywhere as long as you share), gift exchanges, party favors, etc.

Regards,

Ken (time to start practicing my nineball again! Ooh! Do I need that white stuff for the tip of my nose? Should I buy a surfboard? Bermuda shorts...do I need a pair?)

Barbara
06-15-2003, 08:08 AM
[quote=rackmup
Ken (time to start practicing my nineball again! Ooh! Do I need that white stuff for the tip of my nose? Should I buy a surfboard? Bermuda shorts...do I need a pair?)

<hr /></blockquote>

Go with the shorts and don't forget the black socks and sandals for that vintage classy South Florida look!

Barbara~~~sartorially spastic /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
06-15-2003, 09:41 AM
I will come down and hang out for the weekend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif As long as I am back by then.

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
06-15-2003, 06:28 PM
I don't think he'll be around for your September matchup. It conflicts the US Open of course. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
06-15-2003, 06:54 PM
[quote=rackmup
Ken (time to start practicing my nineball again! Ooh! Do I need that white stuff for the tip of my nose? <hr /></blockquote>

I could humiliate you with a followup to that, but I'm too nice to do it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SpiderMan

rackmup
06-15-2003, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he'll be around for your September matchup. It conflicts the US Open of course. <hr /></blockquote>

Guess I'll just chalk that one up as a forfeit.

Hey...a win is a WIN.

Regards,

Ken (waiting to hear from Kato)

Rich R.
06-16-2003, 03:49 AM
Looks like Kato is avoiding you. I guess you were too much for him to handle. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackmup
06-16-2003, 04:18 AM
KATO!

Stop unpacking boxes for just a minute! I know you are moving into your new beachfront digs (with views of the "Hawaiian Tropic G-String Oyster Bar") but I need an answer to my challenge.

C'mon son...running is okay if you're doing it to help lose a beer belly but don't run 'cause you're skeerd.

Regards,

Ken (Wishes he had a beach front condo. Wishes he had any condo. Wishes he had a beach. I'd settle for a trailer with a kiddie pool.)

Kato
06-16-2003, 07:39 AM
I'm sorry, did you just call me out? I'm sorry, are you talking trash..........again? I'm sorry, you want some of me?

Ken, let us not forget that before the booze kicked in (you play better than I do on the sauce) I kicked you from one end of the pool room to the other in the nicest way possible. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So you want 5 months worth of matchups with me? On my home turf? After I get lessons from Scott Lee? With my new Omen (I'll have that for the second matchup)?

Oh, you are so on. All the way one.

Kato~~~~bring it son, this is gonna be fun.

PS. Maybe we could get some dinner going. Laugh without me kicking your transplanted Texas A$$ /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Voodoo Daddy
06-16-2003, 07:55 AM
WOW...the woofin' is gettin' loud in here. Whats next, Don King? Michael Buffer? The Killer Dwarfs singin' the National Anthem? I will watch at leats one of those matches and report the truth on the "Clash of the Titans" !!!

eg8r
06-16-2003, 09:57 AM
Oh yeah, sounds exciting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will there be designated non-drinking nights? This way it will be fair to Kato, and then some drinking nights to be fair for Ken. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
06-16-2003, 10:19 AM
No Ed. My plan is the same as last time. Jump out to a huge early lead and stall. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Last time I played just a little too long and Ken came back. This time I will be prepared. I watched Rocky III yesterday so mentally I am strong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, I think it's important that everyone knows Ken is a raving lunatic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I tried to beat him at his own game and failed. It's like trying to have a conversation with Keith McCready but uglier. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Never again. For I am strong in the force and he is weak. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In addition, he forced me to defend the west coast of Florida and I am not a defender of the west coast. However, in my element "the east coast of Florida" I am strong and all powerful. Those who come to my domain must face my wrath.

Kato

Kato
06-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Listen Voodoo "Lite". If it's possible to get the Killer Dwarfs to come sing the National Athem we will. That would get me fired up man. But I don't need that because I've got something else on my mind. Revenge.

Besides, you'll like Ken. I think you'll have a great time watching two neophytes slamming balls directly into the rail.

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
06-16-2003, 10:30 AM
KATO...remember oh owner of permenant dwelling that I was the first from our area code to meet KEN...&lt;at Billy Weirs&gt; along with ONEPOCKETCHAMP, E the GATOR and his girl. I know you have 47 brain cells left from the combo of 80's HAIR METAL and Rolling Rock so I wont beat you with this too hard...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...it will be the battle of "who has the bar tab tonight"..!!!!

Kato
06-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Since you went to Billy Wiers I have burned approximately 17 brain cells which leaves me a grand total of 30 fully functioning cells. You can probably understand why my memory isn't the best.

For the record. In the 80's I did not do hair metal and glam rock. I did speed metal and thrash.

Kato~~~thinks Voodoo has a Warrant "Cherry Pie" poster in his bedroom.

eg8r
06-16-2003, 11:49 AM
Oh yes, I think Voodoo is correct. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
06-16-2003, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried to beat him at his own game and failed. It's like trying to have a conversation with Keith McCready but uglier. Never again. For I am strong in the force and he is weak. <hr /></blockquote> Yep, I just tell him he is being mean. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, he forced me to defend the west coast of Florida and I am not a defender of the west coast. However, in my element "the east coast of Florida" I am strong and all powerful. Those who come to my domain must face my wrath. <hr /></blockquote> Is this like that Tupac stuff?

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
06-16-2003, 12:15 PM
WARRENT?...who the "F" is that? You asking about Big Brother and the Holding Company?

rackmup
06-16-2003, 12:34 PM
Me? Mean? When have I ever been mean to anyone?

Okay...so I woof a little. Maybe a biting one-liner every now and then but MEAN?

C'mon...I've never been mean a day in my life.

Regards,

Ken

Kato
06-16-2003, 02:32 PM
I don't find you mean Ken, I find you entertaining. However, I will have to beat you 4 sets to 1 forfiet and send you back to Texas wishing you had the beach, the babes, the brews, and me to kick you around.(in the nicest way possible) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~an actual Rackmup fan

eg8r
06-16-2003, 03:21 PM
A few biting remarks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hear ya. You did get quite mean when you were sick. Maybe I am just sensitive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am a Rackmup fan also, and will be playing a little pool with said "rackmup" this saturday (if he remembers to not schedule any appointments for the afternoon).

eg8r

rackmup
06-17-2003, 09:46 AM
This rumor regarding me being "mean and getting beat up" at pool by some surfer-boy-beach-front-condo-living-pool-playing-softie and such has really irritated me.

There will be NO mercy shown to our lad from the <font color="orange"> "Sunshine State" </font color> and I fully expect him to need serious "Dr. Phil-like" counseling after my departure.

Anticipate the <font color="red"> "fire sale" </font color> of all of RJ's pool-related gear. After this impending five-month pool war, he won't want to be anywhere near it.

"Entertaining" am I?

We'll see. I plan on stocking my body with an ample supply of Miller Lite's and waging what will become forever known as "The Epic Battle of Pool Playing Titans and Their War of the Wits."

Okay...maybe it'll just become known as "The Friendly Skirmish between Two Pool-Playing Drunkards who had to take Cabs Back Home after They were Kicked Out of the Pool Hall for Yacking on the Table" but it will be a BATTLE NONE-THE-LESS!

Regards,

Ken (a bigger fan of Kato than Kato is a fan of me.)

Kato
06-17-2003, 10:26 AM
Ken, I've been seeing Dr. Phil since our first meeting, lo those many months ago. I'm not sure if I've ever gotten my liver completely wrung out even though I put it on the clothesline for 3 days and on the fluff cycle in my dryer. I've been using a great excuse since my loss to you and it goes a little something like this.

Person: Hey, I heard you lost at pool to Ken

Kato: That's because I suck

Person: I see, but didn't he play that spectular 6 rail bank shot on the 7 to get perfect position for a 5 rail bank on the 8 to get perfect position for a 3 rail, kick/bank into the side pocket on the
9?

Kato: Yeah, but I still suck

Person: Isn't it at least true that Ken is a bigger version of Keith McCready

Kato: Huh? Ken talks. I pretty much just sucked.

Person: Well there you have it folks.

Sadly, I'm in a personal delema. I'm going to meet with Scott Lee in 10 days time and he has informed me that I won't be able to use that excuse any more. Toss in my new cue in less than 2 months and you've got a highly de-stabalizing/re-stabalizing situation.

What happens if I find out I can actually play? What happens if I watch just the right amount of Rocky movies to get mentally stable and powerful. What happens if the force is strong within me?

Ken doesn't think about most of these things. Luckily, between the two of us I'm the thinking mans thinking man and can and will think about most of this stuff behind Ken's back and launch an offensive display of pool playing mastery.

Kato~~~Remember, when being stalked by a murderous creature that can't be killed by conventional weapons never run up the stairs and never run into the woods.