PDA

View Full Version : Is this place usually like this?

06-15-2003, 01:07 PM
This forum was highly recommended to me as a great place to feast on pool. Is this place usually like this?

tateuts
06-15-2003, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hannibel:</font><hr> This forum was highly recommended to me as a great place to feast on pool. Is this place usually like this? <hr /></blockquote>

No - we've had some pretty crazy stuff happen lately. Notice how Amgine has only been registered for a few days but has 52 posts, most of which she places into her own thread?

Chris

06-15-2003, 01:29 PM
It *is* a great place to talk pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you're referring to the recent heated discussions with a certain "new" member or two who took it upon themselves to not only tell everyone how superior they were, but also to insult the integrity of well established and respected members, then the answer to your question would be...

No, it isn't usually like this. In the half a year or so I've been here, I've only seen it happen once before, and rumor has it one or more of these "new" members might possible be, or have an association with, an "old" member who was run off for stirring up trouble here in the past. Not unusual in internet message boards, I belong to several different boards covering a range of topics, and I see it everywhere. In fact, it's probably occurs a bit less here than on most.

If that sort of controversy turns you on, have a search through the archives -- I'm sure you'll get your fill from the aforementioned former member. Otherwise, just hang tight and I'm sure things will soon get back to the usual fun and informative CCB that we all know and love. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rackmup
06-15-2003, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hannibel:</font><hr> Is this place usually like this? <hr /></blockquote>

It's no different than what you will find at any other pool message forum. You have your "regulars", your "cliques", your "antagonizers" and your "whiners."

Which category do wish to submit your application for membership in?

Regards,

Ken (a regular clique member who antagonizes the whiners)

tateuts
06-15-2003, 02:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Which category do wish to submit your application for membership in?

Regards,

Ken (a regular clique member who antagonizes the whiners) <hr /></blockquote>

Actually., Hannibel was looking for the "Refund Department."

Chris

Alfie
06-15-2003, 03:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hannibel:</font><hr> Is this place usually like this? <hr /></blockquote>Even without knowing what you mean by 'this'- yes, it is.

Next!

06-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Just got a computer. Been knockin em round most my life. Friends told me bout these places.

06-15-2003, 03:35 PM
Huh- I only got the tenth grade

06-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Refund? Is that dogging the money ball?

rackmup
06-15-2003, 03:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>Actually., Hannibel was looking for the "Refund Department." <hr /></blockquote>

The CCB Official Refund Policy

No refunds or exchanges without a receipt. Refund offer void after one (1) post. Any questions, comments or statement of facts regarding the content of the CCB renders all refund and warranty clauses null and void. Tax applied where applicable. Void where prohibited. No rebroadcast or reproduction of this event without the express written permission of Major League Baseball. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

Sorry, no refunds.

Regards,

Ken

silverbullet
06-15-2003, 03:56 PM
From personal experience-

There are lots of people on ccb and it takes awhile to get to know them. Some are funny and it takes awhile to find out who is funny and how they are funny.

There is good info here and some BS. Just take what makes sense and is what you need for your pool game, and trash the rest.

And no ccb is not always like what you have been recently reading. Sometimes it is better and more useful

Just my opinion...

SB

Vapros
06-15-2003, 04:16 PM
I understand what you're asking. It's really not such a bad site, and sometimes it's pretty good. The solution is the judicious application of some cyber-discrimination. Before long you'll find you have your own list of whose stuff you want to read and whose you want to skip over. I suspect there are several posters whose names appear on a great number of such lists - but I'm not sure. Hang in.

arn3
06-15-2003, 04:32 PM

pooldaddy9
06-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Sometimes worse, sometimes better. Still, everyone has their opinion. You just have to pick the one you want.

silverbullet
06-15-2003, 05:24 PM
Some people read for awhile.
Some jump right in and ask questions.

Lots of pretty nice folks here, just takes a little time to know who everybody is and get when someone is teasing or serious. At least, that is the way it was for me.

SB

tateuts
06-16-2003, 12:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hannibel:</font><hr> Refund? Is that dogging the money ball? <hr /></blockquote>

Hannibel,

You belong here. No doubt. The only time I'm not doggin' the money ball is when I'm hooked!

Chris

Wally_in_Cincy
06-16-2003, 08:50 AM
arn3,

Judging by your posts, I wonder if there is any part of life that you enjoy.

Wally~~enjoys it all

Qtec
06-16-2003, 09:20 AM
This is the best pool site around . If you dont believe me check out playpool.com .talk about feeding time at the zoo !

BTW , if you make any money while you are here ,we all get 20% . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

TomBrooklyn
06-16-2003, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hannibel:</font><hr>Is this place usually like this? <hr /></blockquote>Yes, how do you like it?

TomBrooklyn
06-16-2003, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hannibel:</font><hr> This forum was highly recommended to me as a great place to feast on pool. Is this place usually like this? <hr /></blockquote>Yes and no. Sometimes. It is dynamic, a reflection of the participating members. Therefore it is ever-changing in some ways, and always the same in others.

How do you like it so far? What do you look for in a pool forum?

=Tom

Kato
06-16-2003, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hannibel:</font><hr> This forum was highly recommended to me as a great place to feast on pool.<hr /></blockquote>

Feast? I made chili last night. While not as good as Spiderman's it is a work in progress and getting better.

Kato~~~what was the question?

PS. Yes, there is much to learn of pool on the board.

06-16-2003, 01:32 PM
been at playpool,like a bar

06-18-2003, 07:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hannibel:</font><hr> This forum was highly recommended to me. Is this place usually like this? <hr /></blockquote>Sometimes it's even better!

Enjoy!

cueball1950
06-18-2003, 09:04 PM
And besides what everyone else says. This is the "ONLY" board to hold their OWN seperate tournament during the U.S. OPEN in Sept. This year we are having our 2nd annual and it is only for members of this board. So up your posts and come have some fun in Virginia in Sept.......Mike