PDA

View Full Version : Win XP Themes (Bootscreen, Login etc)

eg8r
06-15-2003, 08:32 PM
While sitting around today pretty much bored to death (getting everything ready to travel this week) today, I decided to change some of the mundane things on XP. I was off to change the boot screen (boring black screen that says Windows XP with scolling bar at the bottom), Logon screen (where you choose which user you are and enter password if necessary) and the background. Decided this time it would be a theme and since I love the Matrix, so be it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I made my stop at themexp.org first to find what I needed and dl them to the desktop. I had forgotten how to change the login and boot screens but the how to was there and it is quite simple. Anyways, I now have the Zion ID card as my Logon screen (pretty kewl), and a kewl windows xp design. Background I ended up keeping since I like it.

My one and only tip if you have never done this before is to make backups of your boot.ini file, ntoskrnl.exe, and the logonui.exe files. The changes are quite easy to make if you ever get frisky.

Anyone else have made any personal changes to their OS (besides wallpaper and screensaver)?

I used to have the Mac OS X theme, but I cannot find it. I like the look of the Mac OS better than windows, but the website was forced to remove it.

eg8r

highsea
06-15-2003, 09:15 PM
When I run multiple servers off a KVM switch I usually change the boot screen of each server to identify the server. This helps remind me which server I am working on.

I usually customize the start menu and administrative tools depending on what the server is being used for, to get the commonly used utilities in a easy to grab location.

With MS OS's I spend a hell of a lot more time patching them than I do customizing, though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

nAz
06-15-2003, 09:28 PM
I just changed from a billiards Theme back to a space theme. my new desktop is a Hi-res image of Jupitor with IO in the foreground, looks really cool.

I do not Mod my win XP pro OS much no real need to, other then blocking all auto dloads from MS. and that stupid remote assistant feature in XP.

I also run Adaware 6 and spybot to kill off any trogans spy software /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh yeah my boot screen say "Go shot pool!"

eg8r
06-16-2003, 06:13 AM
Good idea to identify the servers.

I certainly understand the MS problems. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
06-16-2003, 09:31 AM
I went to MS once . They scanned my comp. and SCRAMBLED my keyboard . B..........S.!!!

I would have sued if it wasnt for that fact that ......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Go figure.?
Thankfully XP makes an automatic back up on your HD.

Q>>> sounds as if i even know what I am talking about.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
06-16-2003, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Q&gt;&gt;&gt; sounds as if i even know what I am talking about.. <hr /></blockquote> Quite the opposite.

eg8r