PDA

View Full Version : Poolrooms in Cincy?

Chris in NC
06-16-2003, 05:39 PM
My son Drayton and myself will be traveling to Michigan for the Junior Nationals July 29, passing through Cincy both coming and going. Since I've already checked out the Reds schedule to see that my team (The Braves) will not be in town, I figured we might stop for the night and check out the finer pool establishments in the area.

I know there are a number of posters here who are from or still live in the greater Cincy area. Just wondered if there were any suggestions / recommendations for poolrooms we could attend - keeping in mind my 14 year-old son will be coming as well.

Look forward to your responses, and possibly even arranging to meet one or more of you for some good friendly competition and conversation. Thanks - Chris in NC

Tom_In_Cincy
06-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Chris,
Sorry I won't be here for you or Drayton, I plan to be in the middle of moving to Sacramento CA.

I am sure Wally might arrange a get together at our favorite pool hall Snookers.

Do you remember John G. from the Cincinnati Straight Pool Leauge? He might also join Wally and you at Snookers.

There is a new pool hall called Rhinos that you also might like to see.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Do you know which day? Sunday July 27?

I think SnookerS may be 18 and over. I'll find out. In any case I believe they would be flexible in your case. If not, Michael's, home of the world-famous "Diamond Mine" is also a fine hall, all ages welcome.

There's a slew of good 14.1 players around who you could match up with. I would happy to play the part of tour guide for you guys and rackboy for "The Dragon" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Keep us posted.