PDA

View Full Version : What Pool Memorabilia do you own?

UWPoolGod
06-17-2003, 12:05 AM
I was just thinking about pool memorabilia when I was at the campus library and found some old billiards books that I am trying to get from them. I would like to get my own pool library for my home to put in the pool room when I get there. I know how some people regard pool books, but I think that they just represent an important piece of pool's eveolution. What types of pool memorabilia do you own, and how many books have you accumulated over the years?

I only have about 10 books so far, mainly newer ones but have spied several older ones at the local used that I will pick up.

Todd

UWPoolGod
06-17-2003, 12:22 AM
guess I should have spell checked that LOL

SPetty
06-17-2003, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> guess I should have spell checked that<hr /></blockquote>Hi UWPoolGod,

Sometimes a little reminder is needed - not just for you, but for other posters as well... You can edit your post after you post it if you find the need to. Up next to the "Reply" clicker and the "Quote" clicker (which people also need to be reminded to use occasionally because not everyone views the CCB in threaded mode and it's hard to tell what some people are referring to when they make quick snide comments - if you're commenting about a particular comment, please quote it so I can see your reply in the proper context), there is an "Edit" clicker that only the original author can use to change the post if needed. Note that it times out after a day or so, but it does keep you from having to post a followup "oops" message, especially for spelling errors that you find too late! (Now, I've just edited this note to add this sentence:) I hope it doesn't sound like I'm picking on you - I'm not - it just looked like a good opportunity to remind folks of some good stuff.

One of these days, I'll learn about that "Enter" key! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

SPetty~~~Just trying to help /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UWPoolGod
06-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Well I appreciate it, because I had never clicked that button before. Now I know and will definitely use it in the future.

Back to the question at hand....Memorabilia...anyone...Bueler...Bueler...

Wally_in_Cincy
06-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Ewa Laurence autographed cueball

Johnny Archer autographed 9-ball

Autographed,personalized photo of Dawn Hopkins with a nice note on the back. She told me she wanted me bad (OK I'm kidding about that last part)

Autographed, personalized photo of Fran Crimi

Tom_In_Cincy
06-17-2003, 12:15 PM
I have a Meucci Orginal CUE Case (they only made a few of these cases) Its a 1x2 that has a sweade wrap. Pop latch lid (slides off after you squeeze the sides)

I've had it autographed by Earl Strickland, Buddy Hall, Mike Sigel, Steve Mizerak, Nick Varner, Kim Davenport, Allen Hopkins and David Howard.

I also have a few nicely autographed Billiard Digest's Player of the Year magazines by Earl Strickland.

Other than that, I own a lot of George Fels' books that need autographs.

Grady Matthews' "Bet High Kiss Low" autographed book.. LOL.. I think he signed all 50 of the ones he sold..

I also have a autographed Willie Joplin trick shot and One Pocket book.

But I don't collect.. it just happens.... but I treasure all of them.

pooltchr
06-17-2003, 01:02 PM
Books autographed by Eva and Jeanette, autographed pics of Jeanette and Mike Massey, photographs of my wife with Allison and with Eva, but the best is a cue won at a WPBA raffle signed by Allison, Eva, Gerta, Karen, Jeanette, and Jean B.

DoomCue
06-17-2003, 02:16 PM
I bought a blue suede leather Instroke a few years ago. I went to the 2000 US Open and took a silver paint pen with me, with the intention of getting as many autographs on that case as I could. Once I arrived home, I covered the autographs with clear nail polish so they wouldn't fade. I apply a fresh coat of nail polish every six months or so (since I actually use this case) just to make sure they don't fade. Here's a list of the autographs:

Jim Rempe
Johnny Archer
Buddy Hall
Nick Varner
Steve Mizerak
Takeshi Okumura
Rudolfo Luat
Earl Strickland
Francisco Bustamante
Mika Immonen
Mike Sigel
Allen Hopkins
Grady Matthews
Efren Reyes
Willie Jopling
Ralf Souquet

Here are pictures of the case: Front of the Case (http://home.nc.rr.com/doomcue/images/case-front.JPG), Side of the Case (http://home.nc.rr.com/doomcue/images/case-back.JPG), Back of the Case (http://home.nc.rr.com/doomcue/images/case-side.JPG).

UWPoolGod
06-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Very impressive, great case. Worth a little bit I suppose. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DoomCue
06-17-2003, 02:38 PM
We've all seen those credit card commercials:

US Open ticket - $160
Hotel - $60/night
My autographed case - PRICELESS

I would never sell my case, so I have no idea if it's worth anything besides what I paid for it. It's my prized pool possession, and I do still use it to carry my sticks (it's a 2x3). I'm going to the Open again this year (this time to play in it), so I'm going to try to get some more autographs.

9 Ball Girl
06-17-2003, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DoomCue:</font><hr>I'm going to the Open again this year (this time to play in it), so I'm going to try to get some more autographs. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey DoomCue, I'm going to look for you this year. I wanna get a closeup look at the case of yours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DoomCue
06-17-2003, 03:16 PM
I'm relatively new to the board, and I know there's some CCB tourney that's being set up. When/where is the meet and greet going to be? I don't want to play in the tourney, but I wouldn't mind meeting some fellow pool geeks /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. BTW, you won't find a player named DoomCue on the tourney board /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif, look for David J. Baranski....

Also, real quick, I'd like to thank my sponsors: Babineau's Pub &amp; Billiards, Cary, NC; Steve Lee and his wife Shirley; John M.; Billy Wood; and Tom Haswell.

Cueless Joey
06-17-2003, 03:24 PM
I own a hard bound Mcgoorty bio book.
I bought Efren's very fancy Philippine-made cue last February. He had the cue for six months.
I own a few not released videos of Efren and Keith.

SpiderMan
06-17-2003, 03:26 PM
I have two original Palmer Cues with the titlist butts from the late 1970s, in original "Palmer Deluxe" hard cases. They are a semi-matched set; one cue is standard and the other is extra-length. I bought them from Pete Balner Jr around 1981, and also have the original labeled cardboard shipping box they were packed in.

Each cue has two original matching shafts. The finish is yellowed and has some chips, but the wraps are original/excellent and there are no dings in the wood. All four shafts have the original capped ferrules.

From time to time I think about having one or both refinished and playing with them, but I'm told it would hurt the values.

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
06-17-2003, 03:40 PM
I've got:

Poolhall Junkies poster signed by Massey and Palmenterri given to me by Tony Robles

BCA 2003 Poster of Jeanette Lee, Karen Corr, and Tony Robles signed by all three given to me by TR

Patriot Cup 2003 poster signed by all 10 players given to me by Tony Robles (nice to be thought of, eh?)

Several Phil Capelle books signed by Phil Capelle with inscriptions from Tony Robles

pictures of me with Jeanette Lee
pictures of me with Tony Robles
pictures of me with Frankie Hernandez
pictures of me with George Breedlove
pictures of me with Tommy Kennedy
pictures of me with some more I'm too lazy to type

and, of course, pictures of my CCB friends (hey, it's pool)

9 Ball Girl
06-17-2003, 03:42 PM
Here you go David. I'm going to look for you...(Mission Impossible theme playing in my head, LOL)

CCB Tourney List Thread (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=83189&amp;page=2&amp;vi ew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1)

Predator314
06-18-2003, 06:33 AM
The only memoribilia I own is my own stuff. I have my first McDermott cue. I have a bunch of trophies and some brackets from the first and bigger tournaments I have won.

I am still looking for that damn Janette Lee picture of her holding the 9-ball in front of her.