View Full Version : World votes on America

Qtec
06-17-2003, 06:25 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/wtwta/default.stm

Tonight 20.oo GMT

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
06-17-2003, 06:36 AM
Oh my. Sounds positively riveting. A bunch of Euros sitting around pontificating and deciding what we should do. We don't tell y'all what to do. Oh wait.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

06-17-2003, 06:44 AM
These opinions they are having might be considered WMD by Bush, he could invade those countries to protect America. At least this time, he would have the proof. He could point to that website.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-17-2003, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote txshooter:</font><hr> These opinions they are having might be considered WMD by Bush, he could invade those countries to protect America. ....<hr /></blockquote>

I think we should invade France. Baked brie and champagne ain't bad, especially for free.

Qtec
06-17-2003, 06:49 AM
Its a world wide discussion . As for the EU , its 50/50 on America . I will be watching . as far as I know there is an America link , so it might be on TV somewhere .

Q

cheesemouse
06-17-2003, 06:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote txshooter:</font><hr> These opinions they are having might be considered WMD by Bush, he could invade those countries to protect America. ....<hr /></blockquote>

I think we should invade France. Baked brie and champagne ain't bad, especially for free. <hr /></blockquote>

Just another patriotic republican willing to send American soldiers to invade another country just so he can have a free lunch........Wally thanks for the softball....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
06-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Hey Cheese, at least with France we wouldn't have to worry about soldiers being injured or killed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Besides, they have a Micki Mouse there that I'm sure is a fraud!!!!! Forget the Army, The Cub Scouts should invade France to even it up a little bit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato

highsea
06-17-2003, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Forget the Army, The Cub Scouts should invade France to even it up a little bit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>
That's a good idea Kato, it would free up the girl scouts to take Belgium and Germany. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
-CM

Kato
06-17-2003, 11:29 AM
The Germans may be a little more pesky than the French. Perhaps the Rhode Island National Guard could help them? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~likes Belgian waffles very much

cheesemouse
06-17-2003, 11:49 AM
Kato,

FRENCH TANKS FOR SALE&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;ONLY USED IN REVERSE GEAR.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
06-17-2003, 04:21 PM
Some facts.

America is the biggest economic power.
It has the most weapons and the biggest armies.
Since the end of the cold war Russia has reduced its defense spending by $ 300 billion. It has half its original army.
Iraq is slightly larger than California.
America makes up 4% of the worlds population.
America will spend more on defense this year than the REST OF THE WORLD .
12% of Americans live BELOW the poverty line .
California has a GNP 20% greater than that of China.
50% of the people felt that America was not a threat .67% thought GWB was.
56% would like to have the same benifits that Americans enjoy .
70% would NOT like to live there.

Q

highsea
06-17-2003, 05:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Some facts.

America is the biggest economic power.

<font color="blue"> Germany and Japan are the second and third. The 2 countries that the US spent billions rebuilding after they lost WW2. </font color>

It has the most weapons and the biggest armies.

<font color="blue"> Never hurts to be tougher than your enemies. </font color>

Since the end of the cold war Russia has reduced its defense spending by $ 300 billion. It has half its original army.

<font color="blue"> You're probably comparing Russia to the Soviet Union, but that's okay, They sacrificed their economy to build a huge war machine. Now the war machine is in ruins along with their economy. Do you wish they would've won the cold war, comrade? </font color>

Iraq is slightly larger than California.

<font color="blue"> You got me there, Q. All I can say about that is that California is slightly smaller than Iraq. </font color>

America makes up 4% of the worlds population.

<font color="blue"> Presumably the rest of the world makes up the other 96%. </font color>

America will spend more on defense this year than the REST OF THE WORLD .

<font color="blue"> Defending the rest of the world. </font color>

12% of Americans live BELOW the poverty line .

<font color="blue"> 88% live above. What's the figures for the rest of the world, incidentally? </font color>

California has a GNP 20% greater than that of China.

<font color="blue"> Can't comment on that one, but it sounds suspect. What numbers are you using? </font color>

50% of the people felt that America was not a threat .67% thought GWB was.

<font color="blue"> Don't you mean 67%? Was this your Euro Poll? </font color>

56% would like to have the same benifits that Americans enjoy .

<font color="blue"> I would guess at least 56% would say that. I'm surprised it wasn't higher. </font color>

<font color="blue"> We don't mind that. Most of us like it here. </font color>

Q <hr /></blockquote>

-CM

highsea
06-17-2003, 05:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> California has a GNP 20% greater than that of China.
<hr /></blockquote>

I just did a little number crunching here, just for the he** of it.

According to the 2000 US Census, there are 34 million people in California. Presumably that number is a little higher by now. China has about 1.3 billion people.

If the GNP of California is 20% higher than China, that means that the average Californian is roughly 45.8 times more productive than the average Chinese.

-CM

Qtec
06-17-2003, 05:53 PM
After WW1 Germany was punished by the victors. WW2 was the result. They are both allies now.

The rest of the world is spending less on weapons and the nation with the most is buying more. You dont see this as insane.? Who are you afraid of ? Did you know that S.Korea is more afraid of America than of N.Korea. Is that not bizare.

This was a poll from 11 countries . It is only a guide line.

America has a lead in hi-tec and development but a lot of products are made on the cheap in other poorer countries .eg.Nike employs children to make shoes for slave wages .Thats called exploitation , not produtivity.
It is now percieved by the rest of the world that for America , the law stops at their borders.

Q

Qtec
06-17-2003, 05:58 PM
http://www.shwa.org/topic/iraqwar/dollar_euro_oil1.htm

highsea
06-17-2003, 06:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> After WW1 Germany was punished by the victors. WW2 was the result. They are both allies now.

<font color="blue"> I would argue that a little differently. After WW1, Germany was punished by the victors. Hitler was the result. WW2 was the result of Western Europe's attempts to appease Hitler </font color>

The rest of the world is spending less on weapons and the nation with the most is buying more. You dont see this as insane.? Who are you afraid of ? Did you know that S.Korea is more afraid of America than of N.Korea. Is that not bizare.

<font color="blue"> I don't think that is really true. South Korea needs us there, and they know it. The North would overrun them in a week if we left. </font color>

This was a poll from 11 countries . It is only a guide line.

<font color="blue"> That's cool, you can make a poll for any point you want to make. </font color>

America has a lead in hi-tec and development but a lot of products are made on the cheap in other poorer countries .eg.Nike employs children to make shoes for slave wages .Thats called exploitation , not produtivity.

<font color="blue"> Actually, we have some pretty strict laws in America about that sort of thing now, but lets save that topic for it's own thread. </font color>

It is now percieved by the rest of the world that for America , the law stops at their borders.

<font color="blue"> I admit that there has been some irregularities since 9/11.

Being at war with Al Qaeda is different than any other war we have been in. We can't just take out the Taliban in Afghanistan, round up a few thousand Al Qaeda, then cut them loose when the Taliban are rousted. These guys are fanatics, if we turn them loose, they are going to run around blowing up buses and airliners. We don't know what to do with them, so we are holding them incognito until we can figure out what to do. You guys can have them if you promise to keep them! </font color>

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Gotta go, got a tourney.http://www.kurts-smilies.de/trink6.gif

-CM

eg8r
06-18-2003, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the GNP of California is 20% higher than China, that means that the average Californian is roughly 45.8 times more productive than the average Chinese. <hr /></blockquote> And that my friend is one of the reasons Communism has never worked.

eg8r

eg8r
06-18-2003, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Well they all must be real quiet about it. Someone needs to tell the Cubans and Mexicans about this, they are running around like crazy. If we could just minimize the amount of illegal aliens a lot of things would be easier. If one was to believe those ridiculous show results they would never believe the illegal immigration problem we have.

eg8r