PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Place ain't that bad, is it?

cycopath
06-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Last night was the finals for our local APA league. We finished first in points so we were seeded for the finals. None of us knew who we would be playing, but we all had a sneaking suspicion which team it would be. We assumed it would be the team that we exchanged 1st and 2nd place with all during the session. When we got to the bar and found out it was a diffrent team, a team we quite frankly felt would be a push over, we all gave a sigh of relief. That relief wasn't to be though.
First match went hill hill and our guy lost.
Second match went hill hill and my dad lost.
Third match was mine. And let me tell you, I was out for blood. I felt like I couldn't have been beat that night. until I missed a long cut on the 8ball on the first game. From there it went down hill, FAST! I didn't win a game. The guy I was playing wasn't a great player but it was his night. His balls would go 5 rails and drop, stuff like that. Anyway, we are still going to City Cup so it's not all bad. Hopefully I'll do better there. So I'll ask the question again. 2nd Place ain't that bad, is it?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Sounds like you may have taken those guys lightly. That's usually the kiss of death /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So what would have been the reward for 1st? Trophies? Or better seeding at the city?

9 Ball Girl
06-17-2003, 09:39 AM
Yes and No, IMO.

No, 2nd place is not bad when you truly gave it your all.

Yes, 2nd place is bad in a situation where you underestimate the opponent because of their handicap. For that, 2nd place is the 1st loser. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I've been there too where I know I'm playing someone that I should beat and I let up on my killer instinct only to have the Pool Gods against me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Good luck in the City Cup! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

UWPoolGod
06-17-2003, 09:52 AM
I've been there too where I know I'm playing someone that I should beat and I let up on my killer instinct only to have the Pool Gods against me! <---9BG

Tell me about it, last Tuesday I played in a tourney, best of 3 9-ball. My first match against a weak player. He wins the flip, I dog a 2 ball ans he runs out. One of the first of his life...then to top it off he snaps the 9 in after that. So I went to the losers bracket for revenge on anyone I play. Play another wear player and he wins the flip, preceeds to bang in a 2-9 combo and then snapped the 9 in after that. I shot once in 4 games. Guess I should have racked em better.

Todd <--- paid $6 for a shot....could have got 2 at the bar for that price.

tateuts
06-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Cyco,

Winning 2nd place is fine but that's not at all important.

What is important is that you were playing for the championship. And playing for it is what it's all about - remember it's a game.

2nd place sure beats a "trunk slammer". it will make winning that much sweeter when it does happen.

Chris

06-17-2003, 08:12 PM
hey psyco, show me a guy who is happy with 2nd place and i will show you a real loser. Coming in 2nd place is the worst thing that can happen to you, this means you were in a position to win, and you probably blew it, choked and let the other guy who is a winner win. If you took home the 2nd place trophy and are proud of it, you are indeed a loser. right now get up and throw that piece of junk in the dumpster, get it out of your life now. Real winners wont walk out the door with the badge of a loser. Winning is all that counts. Never be happy with 2nd son. Let the other losers be happy with 2nd, no real winner ever is.
The Ice mon

cycopath
06-17-2003, 11:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gna:</font><hr> hey psyco, show me a guy who is happy with 2nd place and i will show you a real loser. <hr /></blockquote>I'll tell you what, as far as @ssholes go you're in 1st Place. Next time keep your mouth shut, or I'd be glad to shut it for you.

HalSmith
06-18-2003, 03:47 AM
This is coming from some one who probably never won or been in position to even be second. There was a bunch of shooters who were wishing they could have been playing for second.

cheesemouse
06-18-2003, 05:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gna:</font><hr> hey psyco, show me a guy who is happy with 2nd place and i will show you a real loser. Coming in 2nd place is the worst thing that can happen to you, this means you were in a position to win, and you probably blew it, choked and let the other guy who is a winner win. If you took home the 2nd place trophy and are proud of it, you are indeed a loser. right now get up and throw that piece of junk in the dumpster, get it out of your life now. Real winners wont walk out the door with the badge of a loser. Winning is all that counts. Never be happy with 2nd son. Let the other losers be happy with 2nd, no real winner ever is.
The Ice mon <hr /></blockquote>

gna,

You sound like one of those High School coaches who is trying to inspire his hangdog team to get it up at halftime....I can almost hear the background music...second place an indication that one has done the ground work on his/her game, one should learn something from the loose but one shouldn't whip themselves into a depression over it but rather take heart that they are on the path for the prize....one of Keith McCreadys nicknames was 'Brides Maid' because he took so many second places...I don't think Little Keith is a loser.....gna, that kind of advice belongs in movie scripts not real life......Light'n up....geez!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

06-18-2003, 06:28 AM
*cough* Larry *cough*

Icon of Sin
06-18-2003, 07:06 AM
Bold words coming from the mouth of that newbie. Why dont you have some respect when you are new to somewhere. Only person I see that is a loser is GNA. Id like to see you talk like that in a new pool hall looking for action. You would problebly get some action, but more then likely not the kind you are looking for.

Remember GNA, nobody likes a smartass.

As for second place thing. Thats cool, of course you would rather have 1st place. Who wouldnt. I wouldnt really be satisfied in the fact tht I got second, but It is a good show and somthing to be proud of, but not satisfied with.

Congrats and good luck in the future. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ralph S.
06-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Sometimes we all suffer mental lapses or letdowns. Atleast it is something you can reflect on going in to the next tourney in your league. Dont be ashamed of 2nd place. It takes a good player/team just to get to the top 3 places in my opinion. Good luck to you and the team.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-18-2003, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> *cough* Larry *cough* <hr /></blockquote>

Profile for gna

Email
Name
Title newbie
Total Posts 31
Homepage
Occupation
Hobbies
ICQ Number
Registered on <font color="red">06/11/03 03:03 PM </font color>

This has to be a record. gna/Fast Larry's first nasty post was at 10:12 pm on 6/17. That's 6 days 7 hours and 9 minutes it took for Mr. nice guy from "Dallas" to revert to true form. I just can't believe it took that long. At least he's learned the art of brevity.

Wally~~crackin' a beer and waitin' for the show to start

Irish
06-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Eric.
addict

Reged: 04/26/02
Loc: NJ/NYC-Otherwise known as: gna, SNIPER,Yappingwolf,d0wnt0wn,Rob in CT,TX,PacMan,Dr.Wolfenstein,[insert name here]...

06-18-2003, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Irish:</font><hr> Eric.
addict

Reged: 04/26/02
Loc: NJ/NYC-Otherwise known as: gna, SNIPER,Yappingwolf,d0wnt0wn,Rob in CT,TX,PacMan,Dr.Wolfenstein,[insert name here]...
<hr /></blockquote>Irish, that's just Eric horsing around. gna is almost certainly Fast Larry, and Eric most certainly isn't, although Eric and Larry are best of friends. Right, Eric? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tateuts
06-18-2003, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gna:</font><hr> hey psyco, show me a guy who is happy with 2nd place and i will show you a real loser. The Ice mon <hr /></blockquote>

I think you missed the point. We were talking about competing in a sport for first place, putting ourselves in a position to win, and winning if our skills (and the rolls) allowed us to.

What you're talking about is commonly known under the terms "bad sport", or "cry baby", or "immature", or "sorehead", or a "sore loser".

Those guys are easy to beat! One good shot and they have a temper tantrum and fold!

You sound quite knowledgeable on this issue - perhaps you should consider starting a new thread.

Chris

Kato
06-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Oh my Gosh!!!!!! Eric. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!! That's it, we can't be friends anymore and another thing mister.......you're out of the clique!!!!!! I'll bring the board of directors together this evening at the double secret hideway cave and make it official /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~shocked and perplexed as I've been played for a fool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gifagain!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

06-18-2003, 05:43 PM
No matter how good any player gets, no one wins everything all the time. It's the truely strong players who are not only gratious in defeat but also learn from those experiences to come back even stronger the next time. 2nd place hell!!! A close friend of mine after three trips to the winter olympics finally managed to win a Bronze last year. He, his family and all of his friends were justifyably proud of him. ...Bob

pooljunkie73
06-18-2003, 07:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob Perkins:</font><hr> No matter how good any player gets, no one wins everything all the time. It's the truely strong players who are not only gratious in defeat but also learn from those experiences to come back even stronger the next time. 2nd place hell!!! <hr /></blockquote>

It's about time someone said this!!

The true champions get back up after being knocked down(some repeatedly /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif).You go home lick your wounds,learn from your mistakes,practice your butt off,and come back with a vengance.

SPetty
06-19-2003, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> The true champions get back up after being knocked down (some repeatedly /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif). You go home lick your wounds,learn from your mistakes, practice your butt off, and come back with a vengance.<hr /></blockquote>And, I just wanted to point out that this is essentially the same sentiment that ang put forth. Although he worded it a little differently, the essence of the meaning is the same.

06-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all you boys for weighin in on this, it is now clear who are the winners and the losers, sounds to me like a board of losers. you winners who are too chicken to speak up and are laughing like hell right now abut what I am talking about know, its the losers who dont. In texas son we have a saying, if the dog had not stopped to take a leak, he'd caught the rabbit. A loser always has a good excuse why he totes home the loser trophy. He always stops to take a leak. did I get too close to home here boys.
The Ice Mon

Wally_in_Cincy
06-20-2003, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gna:</font><hr>....sounds to me like a board of losers....<hr /></blockquote>

Then you should fit right in

06-22-2003, 01:46 AM
Wally, nice to see you agree your a loser too. You boys know this dog dont hunt. Quit all this hi falutin talk, you either win, or you dont. Lou Dorecher said, show me a good loser, and i will show you a loser. Sadams son said you come in 2nd in the Olympics I hang you from your cahoonies. yogi bera said losing aint losing and winning aint winning, yoiu lose and you win, winning is nice and losing aint bad unless you arewinning when you should be losign then you are a winner if de other guys are losing, then you got to be a winner unless mickey strike out 4 times in a row, den we are losin.
Patton said anyone who comes in 2nd place will be sent to the Russian front. Ike said anyone who comes in 2nd will be transferred into Pattons units. Romel said anyone in the whermat who comes in 2nd will be sent to Patton. Julius Caesar said anyone who comes in 2nd will be sent to Cleo,I am pooped. So you see boys, a lot of famous people in history agress with me. you are all yet as usual.
The Ice Mon

Qtec
06-22-2003, 03:44 AM
If you come 2nd out of a field of 128, that means you did better than the other 126 . Do you expect the 126 to go hang themselves .To improve ,you have to find the positive side in every situation .Sure , every player wants to win but the problem is there can be only one winner .This is called a fact of life .Winning a tournament does not make you a winner , its your attitude that counts .
Failure to accept reality causes a lot of players to become bitter or quit the game entirely. Some are doomed to rove the internet looking for people to talk AT.
Which group do you fall in to ?
Q

George Comerford
06-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Cyco,There`s nothing wrong with coming in second if you gave it your best effort.It`s all part of the learning process.I try to look at it like this,I am building a wall of knowledge and every match I play is like another brick being added to the wall.Win or lose,take something away from the experience that will help make you a better player.No one becomes a world beater overnight.Keep working at it.You`ve got another chance coming up as you still qualified for the city cup.Try to make the most of it.The most important thing to remember is,don`t get discouraged.Good luck in the City Cup!

Oh yeah ignore my sig line,seems inappropriate for this thread /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Irish
06-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Yeah in Texas they have another saying, "hell we might be a damn tough state in the USA for top pool players but watch out for those damn Canadians, they just dont miss! If they are from Calgary just look to see how tough your B-side is after you lose"

highsea
06-22-2003, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> *cough* Larry *cough* <hr /></blockquote>

Profile for gna

Email
Name
Title newbie
Total Posts 31
Homepage
Occupation
Hobbies
ICQ Number
Registered on <font color="red">06/11/03 03:03 PM </font color>

This has to be a record. gna/Fast Larry's first nasty post was at 10:12 pm on 6/17. That's 6 days 7 hours and 9 minutes it took for Mr. nice guy from "Dallas" to revert to true form. I just can't believe it took that long. At least he's learned the art of brevity.

Wally~~crackin' a beer and waitin' for the show to start

<hr /></blockquote>

I guess FL decided that he needed his new alter ego on AZB. Well, at least he will have someone to talk to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Profile For gna
Date Registered: 06-22-2003
Total Posts: 0 (0 posts per day)
Last Post: Never

Homepage:
ICQ Number:
AOL Instant Messenger Handle:
Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle:
Birthday: March 14, 1940
Biography: Fat
Interests: pool

-CM

06-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Well, well. He signed up as gna but put his location as Duluth/Lawrenceville. Slipped up there didn't ya Larry?

(For those who didn't know, Larry is located in Duluth, GA).

06-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Dear high seas, I called old fast about the profile you made up about him cause it looked kinda phoney, old fast said you are a low down pole cat and you made that stuff up to make him look bad and every damn fact is a lie, which, makes you a liar.
shame on you boy, you should always tell the truth. you all dont want it gettin around your a pole cat and a liar, shape up and do right son. Lyin on boards says sometin about your character, you aint got one son.
The Ice Mon.

highsea
06-22-2003, 10:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gna:</font><hr> Dear high seas, I called old fast about the profile you made up about him cause it looked kinda phoney, old fast said you are a low down pole cat and you made that stuff up to make him look bad and every damn fact is a lie, which, makes you a liar.
shame on you boy, you should always tell the truth. you all dont want it gettin around your a pole cat and a liar, shape up and do right son. Lyin on boards says sometin about your character, you aint got one son.
The Ice Mon. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, you better hustle on over to AZ and change it, Fast, cause that's where I copied it from.

-CM

06-22-2003, 11:16 PM
This is a message for all you losers, chokers and sausage bozos totin home dem loser trophies dat belong in da dumpster and not on your mantle. Not one of youse losers on this thread can see this point, because a loser cant, because he is a loser, and thinks like a loser, like that all time world class loser high seas, your losing cheerleader, the grand dragon of choker da cheesville. Here is advice for winners, not losers. Here is is and I quote:
What it takes to be No 1.
you've got to pay the price.
winning is not a something thing, its an all the time thing. You dont win once in a while, you dont do things right once in a while. You do them right all the time or I send you to the Russian front.
Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing.
there is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game and that is first place. I have finished second twice in my time in Green Bay and I dont ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl, but it is a game for losers played by losers. it is and always has been an American zeal to be first in Anything we do and to win and to win and to win.
Every time a football player goes out to ply his trade he's got to play from the ground up-from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads, thats OK&lt; you've got to be smart to be No 1 in any business. But more important you've got to play with your heart-with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second. Running a football team is no different from running any other kind of organization-an army, a political party, a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win- to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel, I dont think it is. It's a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. that's why they're there, to compete. They know the rules and the objectives when they get in the game. The objective is to win, fairly, squarely, decently by the rules, but to win.
And in truth I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the
grind, the discipline other than that chokin dog high seas and we all know what a bozo he is. There is something in good men that really yearns for, needs, discipline and the harsh reality of head-to-head combat.
I don't say these things because I belive in the brute nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe inhuman decency.
But I firmly believe that any mans finest hour- his greatest fullfilment to all he holds dear- is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted in the field of battle, victorious. End of quote.
Vince Lombardi.
Now you all go argue with Vinne and leave ole gaton annie and The Ice Mon alone, we be winners, we dont hang with no sausages and losers. Yo high seas, I hear your joint is filled with 2nd place trophies, I know, because I won all of the first place ones from ya, Son when I put a little heat on you, I see you fold like a blue light $3.00 kmart card table. I am glad none of you pansies live in Texas, only winners live in that great state.
The Ice mon.

06-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Mr highseas, sir I did just that, and his profile does not match what you posted and made up. It does appear the charges against you are true and do stand. Why would you do that? Why would you post deliberate made up lies about any one or any person? Tell us who you are and what motivates you to do that. Shame on you.
Sarah Lee

highsea
06-23-2003, 02:34 AM
Larry, doesn't this strike you as counterproductive? I mean, you invent these online personalities, they start out by saying how great you are, how great your show is, so on, and in a couple of days you've turned them into beer-swilling retards that nobody would ever take seriously! They don't really make very good spokesmen do they?

How can that help your reputation? I admit I didn't see through the "Sarah Lee" alias, until it was pointed out to me that your wife's name is Sarah Louise. That's a little close to home, wouldn't you say? You might want to try something a little different next time. (I wouldn't suggest Annie, you've already used up that one.)

You removed the gna account from AZB when you read my post here and realized your mistake, but did you ever hear of screencaps? I have practically everything you've written recently saved on my computer. Playpool, AZB and right here. The threads can be deleted, but the record remains.

When you make threats to people online, you should realize there may be consequences for that behavior. Besides that, streetfighting behind poolhall dumpsters is not appropriate for someone your age.

No one will believe that I invented that profile on AZB. Hell, I thought you lived in Atlanta. It wasn't until another user pointed out that you actually lived in Duluth that I even realized your mistake. I thought I was just pointing out that "gna" was not from Texas. I had to look up Duluth, GA. on Mapquest to find it.

Another thing you should also keep in mind, Larry, these boards operate on a database. Removing the profile does not delete the record. Also, whenever you make a post, your IP address is recorded. It should be pretty easy to compare the "gna" posts to the "sarah lee" posts, wouldn't you think?

I suggest you clean up your act, and try to start posting responsibly. I think you will find this board more difficult to trash than playpool.

-CM

06-23-2003, 07:46 AM
Sarah/gna/Larry, don't you think it's about time you acted your age? You're acting like some punk teenager hiding behind screen aliases trying to stir up trouble. That's pretty sad come from a 60+ year old man who has actually accomplished a few things in the game of pool. Instead of helping people out with your knowledge of the game, you boast, bash, challenge, threaten, talk trash to the ladies, and make up new user identities every other day. Haven't you realized that EVERYBODY can see through this? I knew who gna was from the first post you made, same with Sarah Lee. You can't hide Larry, until you shut up. As long as you write, you will always be Larry, no matter what name you use. You try to change your posting style and act more "humble" but you can't stick to it, can you? The real Larry comes through and this garbage is what we wind up with.

Why do these boards mean so much to you that you feel the need to come back even after you claim everybody slams you? I think it's because you crave attention and acknowledgement -- if that's what you want, then you need to tone down your posts and actually BE humble. Once people can like and respect you, the recognition will happen on it's own.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-23-2003, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gna:</font><hr> Wally, nice to see you agree your a loser too. You boys know this dog dont hunt. Quit all this hi falutin talk, you either win, or you dont. Lou Dorecher said, show me a good loser, and i will show you a loser. Sadams son said you come in 2nd in the Olympics I hang you from your cahoonies. yogi bera said losing aint losing and winning aint winning, yoiu lose and you win, winning is nice and losing aint bad unless you arewinning when you should be losign then you are a winner if de other guys are losing, then you got to be a winner unless mickey strike out 4 times in a row, den we are losin.
Patton said anyone who comes in 2nd place will be sent to the Russian front. Ike said anyone who comes in 2nd will be transferred into Pattons units. Romel said anyone in the whermat who comes in 2nd will be sent to Patton. Julius Caesar said anyone who comes in 2nd will be sent to Cleo,I am pooped. So you see boys, a lot of famous people in history agress with me. you are all yet as usual.
The Ice Mon <hr /></blockquote>

I think I'm going to be sick /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BTW I did not bring this thread to the top. It was already here

Reading this board used to be enjoyable. Now it requires Maalox. Thanks for nuthin' Fast Larry

cheesemouse
06-23-2003, 01:50 PM
Larry, Sarah, gna, ...etc.....

Mighty Mouse, my grandpapa, once told me "Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment"...he was soooo smart, a tough little bugger too!!! Anyway he had lots of sayings about how to get along in a world full of traps....god, I hate those traps...SNAP....it's over...gives me the shivers just thinking about it....eeeyyyzzzzz.
...I kind of got side tracked there.....hehehehe....another good piece of advice from my papa was "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience" Heck, I'm not going to argue with you Fast cause you got more experience than anyone in the whole wide world and I respect that....Oh, back to my point: "Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious." If my papa was alive today and saw this Internet thingee....why...why he would just think it was the neatest fun thing, he could just kick back instead of flying around doing good deeds like he did all the time. If my papa was making a reply to you I just know he would say ""A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying that he is wiser today than he was yesterday." Now if you said something back to him that was stupid, that being your history, he would fly up and twist your bulbious nose till you said "UNCLE! UNCLE!....please!!!...let go and I promise I will think before I speak"...Heck, he'd let go and give you another chance...too bad he's dead, huh???
"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." that's another thing ole papa used to say....boy he was just plumb full of them there sayings.....anyways......Fast, your steering wheel has done popped right off the thingee and your just a flying down the cyber highway, in and out of ditches full of cow manure. Now that would be fine and dandy if it was your own little race track in your own backyard but, heck, there are lots of nice folks using the road and they can't avoid the dung you be a spreadin in your out of control buggy....
I really don't know where this post is leading cause who knows who your gonna wake up being today......hehehe.....it don't matter cause all of them there folks you pretend to be are just down right knee slapping funny....Fast, have you ever just sat back and just laughed like hell at your thoughts, you know, the ones that foam up like the throth on beer??? Those there foaming thoughts are the one's that are yours to keep...Don't share them, they're to special for us. We just can't get'm, those thoughts are just to deep to share....
We'll heck, I didn't mean to be a preach'n at ya Fast cause my papa always used to say "If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around." I can't even order my own dog around. I got me a Basset Hound and he don't do a lick of what I tell him, so I speck't these words are waisted just like a 'fart' in a windstorm but, hey, ya'll may catch a whiff.....hehehehe
Dang if'n I didn't forget the last thing my papa said before he passed......he was a laying there strugging to get up and with his last breath he says real quiet like...."Somedays it's just not worth chewing through these restraints".........then bless his good heart he was gone....Fast, just lay there kind of quiet like...... boy, I sure do miss my papa..........LOL

cycopath
06-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Sounds like a wise man. And a real privilege to be related to him.

Scott Lee
06-23-2003, 11:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Mighty Mouse, my grandpapa, once told me "Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment"...he was soooo smart, a tough little bugger too!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Cheese...Did you know that Howie Pearl was called "Mighty Mouse", when he played on the pro tour 20 yrs ago?

Scott Lee

Wally_in_Cincy
06-24-2003, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>

...... boy, I sure do miss my papa..........LOL
<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OMG cheese, you've been infected with the FL virus. You'll now have to be quarintined.