PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Cup Videos?

9 Ball Girl
06-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Hey what happened? I was posting the reply below to Charlie only to see that the post wasn't there anymore??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hey Charlie! Sorry for your loss, but you know how we "Northerners" do--taking names and kicking a$$! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Ah, what 'r you gonna do? C'est la vie.../ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the heads up on the DVD. It'll be another addition to my already growing collection. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh yeah, thanks for signing that poster for me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ken
06-18-2003, 10:06 AM
It was a blatant advertisement and it seems that the administrator deleted it.

Who Does Charlie think he is kidding? He comes on here to thank the people that were in the room with him filming the event? Last year he recorded it but I haven't heard anything about a video of that.

I would assume that the event was enjoyed by those in attendance. I went last year and it was quite good. I'm sure a video of all the play would be interesting. I just wonder how much will be included and what the cost will be. This year I decided to go to Naples instead.

Charlie's post is just as bad as Huber posting how pleased he is that everyone praised his book when, in fact, nobody did.

CW is so simple-minded that it's pitiful. He got a proper write-up in the July BD which touched on some of his wacko ideas, including the newest boycott threat. He's a loose cannon.
KenCT

Steve Lipsky
06-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Hi Ken. I'm just curious if you and Charlie have ever met? If not, would he know you by face? And did anything ever happen between you two before he began the UPA?

I understand if you don't want to answer any of these questions. I also think you're more than entitled to your opinions. I'm really just curious.

- Steve

Ken
06-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Steve I have no difficulty answering your questions. I haven't really met CW but I was at the Patriot's cup last year and saw him a lot. He wouldn't know me at least that's what I believe and I never saw him prior to the UPA's formation. I sat near him at Chelmsford while he discussed with a female player the possibility of her joining the UPA and thereby becoming the first woman member.

My first problem with him was when I drove to the Turning Stone Joss tournament and saw his exceptionally slow play. It was clearly a sharking tactic since I had seen he could play at a normal pace if he wanted. I was so disgusted that I simply drove home after his match with Ginky. Dick Leonard apparently arrived about when I left and has described seeing Charlie chalk his cue 24 times prior to a shot: http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=72790&Forum=All _Forums&Words=24%20times&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Sea rchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=72310&Search=t rue#Post72790

I saw him at Chelmsford playing Archer and I could not watch, the play was so slow. The TD, Joe Tucker, walked past me and inquired if they were playing in slow motion. I simply responded that it was Charlie playing. Neither of us watched the match.

I was extremely disgusted by his efforts to ruin the U.S. Open. I think he is abusing the UPA for his own purposes. Mike Panozzo's article in the July BD only scratches the surface about his improper actions.

I don't think I have expressed anything that is not based totally on fact. Even my speculation that he and all the players in the UPA could be sued under the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act is based on the type of suits that have already been filed regarding similar union activities.

My prediction regarding boycotts is coming true sooner than I expected with the problems with The Big Apple 9-Ball Challenge mentioned by Panozzo. What he is doing is extortion and it is not child's play. I know I've gone on about this a lot but the UPA has done a lot that is questionable.

It seems that the forum administrator agrees with me about these videos being an advertisement. If Charlie had not made that post I would not have made my post. Actually I was only responding to this thread about where did Charlie's post go.

I'd be glad to post positive things about him. I enjoyed the Patriot Cup last year and he did a great job with it. He impressed me quite favorably in the first match I saw at Turning Stone. I coudn't understand why anyone complained about slow play. Then I found out why. He clearly thinks he is the big show and can do anything to delay a match as long as everyone is watching him. I do believe that he doesn't do that much anymore (that's positive, right?).

My "opinions" are based on what I have witnessed with my own eyes or else read at his website. There is nothing personal between us that might cause me to post my statements. I am just a ball banger who likes to watch people play pool. I do happen to know that Charlie has some powerful people in the business not only mad at him but also scared about what he could do to them. It's an unfortunate situation.
KenCT

Steve Lipsky
06-19-2003, 07:23 AM
Fair enough, Ken. Thanks for the sincere response.

- Steve

eg8r
06-19-2003, 01:22 PM
I am not sure if anyone else did, but I notifed the mods about the post. It was blatant mis-use of the board.

It is fine if a regulare poster/customer came here and told of their findings.

eg8r

06-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Hey 9 ball girl, you sure is purty, and when you talk that frency talk it steams up my glases. You sure do look like a little missy I leied in Philadelphia once, best damn lei I ever had. She said it was good for her to, any chance it was you. I saw a guy in Brooklyn and told him I had just leied you and he about fell out of his chair. He runs some pool hall there.
Sorry, did not mean to kiss and tell, it will be our little secret for now. My lips are sealed.
The Ice Mon

cheesemouse
06-21-2003, 05:06 AM
Larry...I'm mean gna,

There is a 12 step program out there that can help you and the first step to recovery is to admit that what you say and do is......well....disfunctional...

We all know you don't know what you think you know. Knowing that nobody knows what being all knowing must be like. Knowing we can't know all we know not to listen to the all knowing because we know you can't know what you think you know and knowing that.......................blah...blah...blah..... .................................................. ..............................and in conclusion there is a 12 step program in your area.........blah..........

Deeman
06-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Larry or whomever you are,

Nine ball Girl has a lot of friends on this board. Please keep your cheap shots restricted to pool. She has always been kind and fair to everyone she has delt with and does not deserve a rodent like you making claims like this. If you are not man enough to let everyone know who you are, just slither back over to one of the other boards where idiots and cowardly, anonomous attacks are welcome.

9 Ball Girl
06-23-2003, 09:54 AM
Ah so gna is Larry. While we were in Valley Forge, shortly after the Eric encounter, around my neck he placed one of those Hawaiian Leis. That's what he's talking about. The guy from Brooklyn that Larry is talking about is none other than our TomBrooklyn who was standing there with me. Speaking of which, hey Tom, where are the tapes?