PDA

View Full Version : Cue care - I need it sorted once and for all

Buckster_uk
06-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Hi,

I have a Viking VX 13 cue, and as with most Viking cues I believe, the shaft does not have a sort of varnish on it, which means it is smooth, but chalk etc can build up easily and turn the shaft a different colour. I am very careful in how I chalk, as I donít like my shafts to turn greenish, I like them as white as possible. I clean my cue each day with a damp towel, just wipe it down. But, at both the tip end, and the bottom end of the shaft, a greenish colour has started to build up. I try so hard to clean it, but cannot seem to get it off, is there anyway that I can clean it off? What do you recommend? Once a shaft turns sort of green, is there anyway apart from sanding to restore it to its original natural colour?

I am a beginner in cue care and desperately need some help from you guys, any help is great. I know loads of posts have been put in about this, but I would just like points on the best things to do.

Cheers

nAz
06-18-2003, 11:49 AM
check out these past post, there more if you do a search cue care.
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=74894&Forum=ccb &Words=cue%20cleaner&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchp age=0&Limit=
25&Old=1year&Main=
74821&Search=true#Post74894

Sid_Vicious
06-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Most people here already know I have a fetish over trying to keep a new, non colored shaft in that exact same shape. I'll tell ya friend, as many years as I've been asking this question I've got to say "Keep cleaning as you have been, accept the color because there ain't chit you can do 'bout it man, and enjoy the game." I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, this is the consensus of all of my past question and answer sessions about keeping shaftwood pristene.

One thing you have going for you is that you are using a Viking. I own 3 Viking shafts and none look colored, but I think that is due to the fact that there is no varnish at all ove the entire shaft, so the color blends almost undetectable. Friends I have who are Viking owners say much the same thing about the color not being a problem...sid

Nightstalker
06-18-2003, 01:15 PM
If you don't like the color change, maybe try a Cuetec type of shaft. Otherwise you'll just have to live with it. As long as it doesn't affect the way it plays, I don't mind too much.