PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Cup Videos info?

SPetty
06-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Did anyone happen to catch the Patriot Cup Video information that was posted for a few minutes before it was removed? If so, please post it back here.

SPetty~~~This place is really getting out of hand...

9 Ball Girl
06-18-2003, 12:47 PM
I believe it was www.worldpool.com (http://www.worldpool.com) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wendy~~~agrees with SPetty

Ken
06-18-2003, 02:01 PM
You are correct. AZBilliards still has the original post at their forum:

http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=580

With considerable difficulty I finally got to where they said "Coming soon... 2003 Patriot Cup on DVD & VHS North vs. South Release dates to be announced." I suspect there will be muiltiple DVDs for at least $19.99 each. Hopefully they will keep it down to four videos. It won't be cheap but will probably be worth the money. Wait till you see Mika banking. He was awesome last year.

KenCT~~~agrees with BD

AzHousePro
06-18-2003, 07:02 PM
One other nice thing that Worldpool has is DVDs. I have their first two DVD releases and will be posting reviews of them very soon.

I would think you could fit quite a few matches on one DVD.

Mike

06-18-2003, 08:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AzHousePro:</font><hr>
I would think you could fit quite a few matches on one DVD.

Mike <hr /></blockquote>Actually, Mike, no -- unless the video quality is greatly reduced. Standard DVD compression yields approx 2-2.5 hours of video, about the same as a standard VHS at SP quality (of course the DVD video quality is so much better). Speaking for myself, if the original master recording is of DVD quality, I'd rather have that quality on my DVD. If, on the other hand, the DVD is being produced from VHS-quality masters then the quality is much reduced anyway and I say go ahead and pile as much on the disc as you can. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As an aside: I recently purchased Phil Capelle's Archer vs. Reyes Book/DVD combo. While I was glad to get the video on DVD, the disc was obviously mastered from an old Accu-Stats VHS tape. The video quality was sub-standard, and it even has tracking issues! Seemed kinda surreal to be watching a DVD and still have the distortion and noise rippling down the screen in a few places... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif