PDA

View Full Version : John G: The Next Cue Advancement?

Fred Agnir
06-18-2003, 02:47 PM
A vibration reducing thingy:

http://www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/home.aspx

This might be just what I'm looking for. However, I wouldn't mind it being removeable like what the tennis players put on their strings to reduce vibration.

Fred

TonyM
06-18-2003, 03:44 PM
So they want to create some sort of super high tech rubber bumper that absorbs vibration?

Actually, it's not a bad idea. I would think that most players would think that this would be undesireable (the elimination of vibration).

But I prefer a cue that is well "damped". I like a solid and yet quiet cue, not one that is noisy.

3C players use a rubber wrap. You can still feel the low frequency natuarl resonace of the cue, but the high frequency "noise" is effectively damped. This doesn't prevent them from executing very delicate speed shots at all.

To get a simple demonstration on this concept, try removing the rubber bumper from your cue and hitting a few balls with it. The cue is noisier and actually "hits" differently. The bumper damps out some of the vibration in the cue. Some cues are almost unplayable without the bumper.

I think that eliminating the useless modes of vibration ("noise") from a cue would actually enhance the feedback to the player not reduce it.

You would feel more of the type of feedback that is useful, and less of the feedback that is merely noise.

Of course I am in the minority on this one.

Tony
-but maybe not for long......vibrating away now.....

smfsrca
06-18-2003, 04:08 PM
I know how much you like Predators.
I thought this is the object of the Predator 2.
Here is the quote from the Predator site.
[ QUOTE ]
Pure feedback from the cue
“Pure” => not interrupted by all those different vibrations present in traditional cues.
(Pin buzz, A-joint buzz, weight bolt buzz, insert buzz)
<hr /></blockquote>

pooljunkie73
06-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Layani cues have something like that in their conical joint.The rubber insert would absorb most of the shock wouldn't it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I hit with one at the Canadian 9 ball Championships,loved the feel of it.Feels like you are hitting with a solid piece of wood. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
06-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Fred , i have developed a cue that will revolutionize pool forever .The cue pots balls .plays great safety ,s and the QB is always exactly where you want it .You can play left or right handed , it doesnt matter. This cue will turn a ball bager into a top pro in two weeks. It too can be yours for only $1500.

I have a snooker cue that i bought 82. I play pool with a $10 cue out the rack [one piece].I do put a good tip on it tho.

I dont want a cue that i cant feel .I think these anti squirt cues are a waste of time .

Once in a match i was 2-5 down in a race to 6.[ 9b] I potted the 3 and my tip flew off. I selected a cue from the rack and continued playing . I won 6-5 and the new cue actually made ne more focused . Not only was i potting balls but on every shot i was 'listening' to the cue .I dont mean with my ears . Every shot was critical and because there were differences with the cue i was playing with before , I was totally tuned in .
It was a strange experience.

Q

John G
06-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Interesting. They might be on to something. I allready know butt construction can change the dampening. I would think it conceivable to enhance that with the introduction of an absorbant material. It will be very interesting to see if they can maintain a 'solid hit'. I will follow this closley. Thanks for the info Fred. John G /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
06-19-2003, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote smfsrca:</font><hr> I know how much you like Predators.<hr /></blockquote>Although I give Predator shafts more credit than I have before, I don't think I would or should be classified as a Predator fan.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this is the object of the Predator 2.
Here is the quote from the Predator site.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator marketing:</font><hr>
Pure feedback from the cue
“Pure” =&gt; not interrupted by all those different vibrations present in traditional cues.
(Pin buzz, A-joint buzz, weight bolt buzz, insert buzz)
<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>Words about words. Purely marketing, with a technology that they aren't sharing with the rest of the cuemaking world. I really don't know anything about the Predator 2. If it truly had less vibration in it, then I would like to think that I would have tried one by now. But, other than their ad, there hasn't been a resounding "low vibration review." So, it's not on my front page.

Fred

Fred Agnir
06-19-2003, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> Layani cues have something like that in their conical joint.The rubber insert would absorb most of the shock wouldn't it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif<hr /></blockquote>I won't speak for Thierry or Alain, but I'm pretty sure the conical joint is made with a phenolic cone, not rubber. The assured concentric fit with a lot more intimate surface contact reduces the vibration and energy loss through the joint, I think.

Fred's Layani Joint (http://home.earthlink.net/~ohagnir/_images/LayaniJ.JPG)

Fred

pooljunkie73
06-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Fred,

It may be a phenolic cone,i just used one briefly(too briefly) at the Canadians.Beutiful hitting cues,if you have one you are a lucky guy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.Could have bought one w/ extra shaft for $800 can..
Of all times for the credit card to be maxxed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll be talking to Thierry in August,i'll ask him if it's phenolic or rubber.

06-20-2003, 09:05 AM
Mr Q tec, you have a cue that can take a simple ball banger like me and make me a pro in 2 weeks, I'll take it, send that sucker over the pond asap via air mail. $1500 is chicken feed, the first event I enter I win $10 grand, I am $8500 ahead. That is what we have been waiting for, a cue that does all of the work and reduces all of the skill from the game. What happens when everyone gets one? Will every event then become a tie.
The Ice Mon