PDA

View Full Version : THE BEST OF CCB: FUNNIEST QUOTES!

06-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Post your favorite funniest quotes from the CCB, NPR, and the Archives HERE!

Rod
06-18-2003, 07:53 PM
I know a great one, but I'd get killed if I brought it back up again. sorry, no can do

~~~ rod, not a good day to die

nAz
06-19-2003, 12:37 AM
Let see Besides all my post what else is funny...

Gotta be anything with Patrick and Fast Larry. Fast Larry VS Eric lol then again all the arguing in the "who's the Hottest WPBA Player" thread was great to! Bahahaha, I LMFAO for weeks with that one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-19-2003, 06:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote amgine:</font><hr> I am considered an elite player<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>So I dropped into a karate stance<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>I feel like my game has improved<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fran Crimi
06-19-2003, 06:49 AM
Ron, I'm glad you decided to keep it to yourself. Wally and Naz fell right into Slim's trap. This guy is a regular poster who switches to his alter ego to drum up trouble. Just look at his history of posts. He twists things that other posters say more than anyone else here. Don't kid yourself for a minute. It's all intentional and all for the purpose of being antagonistic. Take for example his latest response to Sparky. In the thread on Cory Duel, Sparky commented that he has friends who are gay and sees nothing wrong with it. What is Slim's response? His response is to totally misquote Sparky in saying that ALL of Sparky's friends are gay. That's intentionally malicious. He's done this kind of thing over and over here.

His MO is to keep the conflict going and where there's none, to start it up. Why? Because he gets a kick out if it.

This is not a religious man who feels compassion for other human beings. A black man living in the DC area? Haha! Hardly.

Fran

nAz
06-19-2003, 07:18 AM
Oh I thought this was supposed to be a fun thread.
I did not realize that SlimJim was a trouble maker, i need to go back and reread some of his post.

Fran Crimi
06-19-2003, 07:24 AM
Trust me Naz. This guy is trouble. Where could a thread like this possibly lead? Laughing at other people even though they may have been serious when they made the comments they did?

Fran

06-19-2003, 07:39 AM
Yeah Fran, Slim's reply to Sparky in the Corey Duel thread finally convinced me that he's only interested in causing trouble. He had been told numerous times both in that thread and in others that Corey wasn't gay, and yet he persists not only in saying so, but also in calling other people (or their friends) gay who refute it. Obviously he's intentionally ignoring the facts just to keep folks stirred up. I won't be falling for his stupid tricks any further, that's for sure.

That's why I just sighed and didn't respond to his latest posts. From now on, I think everyone else should ignore his posts, then hopefully he'll go away...

Wally_in_Cincy
06-19-2003, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Ron, I'm glad you decided to keep it to yourself. Wally and Naz fell right into Slim's trap....<hr /></blockquote>

I probably should not have responded, considering SlimJim's propensity for being an a-hole. That's why I only quoted well-known, overblown quotes from 2 guys who aren't here anymore. I did give SlimJim the benefit of the doubt I guess. Probably shouldn't have.

bluewolf
06-19-2003, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Ron, I'm glad you decided to keep it to yourself. Wally and Naz fell right into Slim's trap. This guy is a regular poster who switches to his alter ego to drum up trouble. Just look at his history of posts. He twists things that other posters say more than anyone else here.
Fran

<hr /></blockquote>

Fran is absolutely correct. A regular poster, also an accomplished writer who changes writing styles. Not naming names.Some have been here much longer than I, for one thing and know all of the regulars better.

bw

Fran Crimi
06-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Hey, don't sweat it, Wally. You were manipulated. The thread title sounded like it could be some fun. That's the hook. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

TomBrooklyn
06-19-2003, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>You were manipulated. The thread title sounded like it could be some fun.<hr /></blockquote>Why couldn't it be fun? Why put this spin on it? It started out amusing. Everyone sees things through the beliefs and preconceptions etc. of their own mind. I don't see any name calling, anguish, fear, or sorrow in the opening post. But jeez, look what follows. There's a lot of manipulation in this thread allright, but who's doing it? Hello? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
06-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Hi Tom. So tell us...what do you think of Slim Jim and his posts? I was wondering why you alluded to him being Patrick. I was under the impression you really liked Patrick and that you considered him a friend. Why would you turn him in like that?

Fran

Mr Ingrate
06-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Wally,

It sounded like an interesting topic to me, also. Perhaps with the above title change it could be more socially acceptable.

One upon a time, long ago, before the board change, I was cheerfully berating some illiterate about his inability to spell words of 4 letters or less and signed off with this gem.

"I'm going to go and practice my stoke."

Seems to happen to me every time I get into lecture mode and get all stoked up about something.

TomBrooklyn
06-19-2003, 03:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Hi Tom. So tell us...what do you think of Slim Jim and his posts? <hr /></blockquote>I think he's generally amusing. I've noticed you been tailing the guys posts lately with various criticisms. The guy makes a joke or does some satire or in this case, makes a happy feel-good thread, and by the time your done with it, you got people cursing the guy out and apologizing for themselves.

Then you state that he's manipulating people. That was rich. Haha. Your funny too.

eg8r
06-19-2003, 03:23 PM
Hey, Tom, were you going to answer Fran?

Seems Tom follows Fran around also.

eg8r

bluewolf
06-19-2003, 03:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Why couldn't it be, until Fran put her spin on it? It started out amusing. Everyone sees things through the beliefs and preconceptions etc. of their own mind. I don't see any name calling, anguish, fear, or sorrow in the opening post. But jeez, look what follows. There's a lot of manipulation in this thread allright, but who's doing it? Hello? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Come on Tom B. I think you like to play the Devil's Advocate. My dad did that too when dealing with normal folks. That would be okay in most situations, but we are dealing here with a very sick person who gets his/her/its jollies out of manipulating the thoughts and emotions of others.

This kind of mind game play is serious. It is not funny.

Laura

eg8r
06-19-2003, 03:31 PM
What happened Tom. They removed your reply to me. I saw it and then it was gone. I surely hope it was not censorship. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
06-19-2003, 03:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>we are dealing here with a very sick person manipulating the thoughts and emotions of others.<hr /></blockquote>We are? I guess I missed those posts, OK.

Please don't cite the Sparky the gay Send-Me-A-Dollar website guy post.

bluewolf
06-19-2003, 03:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>I think he's generally amusing. <hr /></blockquote>

It just seems that way.

Look at one post, you have a sliver of the pie.

Look at all of the posts with a discerning eye, you get the whole picture of the pie.

I have been observing his posts, posting style, changes in posting styles, what I believe is his personality profile for a long time.

Fran was just the first person to say something about this person in writing.

If you think this person is amusing, you cannot possibly be seeing the whole profile of the person.

Laura

bluewolf
06-19-2003, 03:50 PM
I posted my next one before I read yours. Not looking for a fight, but just feel very strong about this.

Fran Crimi
06-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Gee, sorry I spoiled your fun, Tom. Maybe you could still have fun with the thread, only post one of your own bloopers like Mr. Ingrate so you won't hurt anyone else. That would be cool, huh?

So anyway, there's one thing I'm stumped about here. Just can't figure this out for the life of me. I recall you being one of the most vocal posters voicing the importance of the right of anonymous posters to retain their anonymity. Then suddenly, there you go pointing a finger at poor Patrick. Did he do something to hurt or anger you to the extent that you were willing to forego your philosophy about that?

My figuring is that there's two basic reasons why someone points a finger at another person in that way, regardless of whether they're lying or telling the truth. One, because they have an intense dislike for that person and they desire to cause them embarassment or anger. Or two, because they feel desperate to take the focus off of something else....and FAST.

Maybe you can think of another reason. I can't.

Fran

TomBrooklyn
06-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Hi Fran:
I have no recollection of what your talking about vis-a-vis Patrick. You'll have to refresh my memory I suppose if you desire to continue the virulent commentary and line of questioning you seem to be in the mood for, which is what really puzzles me. -Tom

Fran Crimi
06-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Sure Tom. Be happy to. In the Gay Teacher thread. You changed the thread title under QTec's post to "Coincidence? Hardly."

Your response was, "There are very few coincidences in life."

Now, c'mon Tom. You're not going to tell us you were just philosophizing in general are you? LOL!

Fran

Coincidence? Hardly. [re: Qtec]
06/11/03 06:25 PM Edit Reply Quote

Quote Qtec:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dont you think it is possible that this guy and Patrick are one and the same? SlimJim starts the ball rolling ,Patrick jumps in and in no time at all, Christ2 shows up in the same post. Coincidence ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are very few coincidences in life.

TomBrooklyn
06-19-2003, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>You're not going to tell us you were just philosophizing in general are you?<hr /></blockquote>OK Fran, I see what your referring to. I was, in fact, simply presenting a philosophical concept that some people may not know or may chose to ignore.

To wit, there are very few coincidences in life. The experiences anyone has are due to the sum of the beliefs they have held and the actions they have taken up to that point in their lives. My post alludes to this, admittedly in cryptic fashion, in that it is due to similarities on one or more levels of the life experiences and/or personalities of certain posters that cause them to be attracted to each other and/or to hold interests in the same topic.

As a more general example of this simple truth, note how all the posters on CCB are not a random group of people who wound up here by coincidence. They all came here because they are interested in cue sports.

So, contrary to your perception, I was not concurring with the proposition that Slim Jim, Patrick and Christ2 were the same person posting under different names. I'm not inclined to engage in that type of speculative deduction; and even if I had suspicions about it, I'm astute enough not to embarrass myself by posting about it absent factual evidence (unless it's just so darn obvious, which has happened.)

That being said, if you have any further unpleasantries you’d like to question me on in the future, why not check with me first before you publicly post your vitriolic conjecture?

=Tom

Fran Crimi
06-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Well, shute Tom. It's a shame you decided to pick that particular point in time to voice your philosophy. I'm sure there were plenty of other opportunities to offer that insight on the CCB. Unfortunately, your philosophy comes at the expense of Patrick. I wouldn't be too pleased about that if I were him.

Fran

TomBrooklyn
06-19-2003, 06:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>It's a shame you decided to pick that particular point in time to voice your philosophy. Unfortunately, (it) comes at the expense of Patrick. <hr /></blockquote>Well Fran, then I thank you for providing this opportunity to clear up any misconceptions I may have caused with that post. For the record, I'm proud to let it be known that I unequivocally support Patrick and wish him the greatest success in all his endeavors including:

1. his quest to promote increased intelligence in humans,
2. his progress in creating stronger fast twitch muscle fibers, especially in the neck,
3. his strides in advancing the cue sports to new levels of excellence, including
4. being able to get pinpoint cue ball position and
5. his study of walking around the table (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=75848&amp;page= &amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1), and
6. his vision for harmony and peace on all dimensions on planet Earth.

=TomBk

Fran Crimi
06-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Sure Tom. Happy to oblidge. Remember...Big Brother is watching you....

Fran

TomBrooklyn
06-19-2003, 09:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Remember...Big Brother is watching you....<hr /></blockquote>OK. Can you tell what I'm doing now? LoL.

Fran Crimi
06-19-2003, 09:26 PM
I'm not Big Brother.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
06-19-2003, 10:48 PM
Anybody remember about 4/7/03 when slim jim cussed out Larry, popcorn and eg8r all in one post? I thought it was funny at the time but now realize it was not.

The next morning I received a pm from slimjim stating in part"I edited my post. ... It was not my best work. Your quote of me is no longer what is in my post. Slim. "

Since Larry and popcorn are no longer with us to ask them, I wonder if eg8r ever got a pm like this, since he was one of the people who had gotten cussed out.

Laura

bluewolf
06-19-2003, 11:02 PM
In spite of a person's intelligence and profieiecy as a writier, do you guys realize how hard it is for a person to write in multiple writing styles. Most people will be recognized as their style even if they try to write differenly. The fact that this guy has pulled off so many styles of writing,to most of us, is in it self weird and frankly, scary.

And to open another can of worms, all of the wierdos that have been popping up, one which targeted eg8r specifically, and another which wrote in several writing styles, the plot thickens.

It leads me to wonder , in addition to the regular who obviously posts as slim jim, what other sick personalities are they also posting as, as these pop up frequently as well.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
06-20-2003, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> Wally,

It sounded like an interesting topic to me, also. Perhaps with the above title change it could be more socially acceptable.

One upon a time, long ago, before the board change, I was cheerfully berating some illiterate about his inability to spell words of 4 letters or less and signed off with this gem.

"I'm going to go and practice my stoke."

Seems to happen to me every time I get into lecture mode and get all stoked up about something. <hr /></blockquote>

You should have pulled a Pee Wee Herman and said "I meant to do that" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . You were just going to practice getting stoked.

I quit correcting grammar and spelling 'cause I usually make a mistake in my correction. Or it devolves into a minutae pissing match, like "is Pee Wee hyphenated" ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My quote I wish I could take back

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally:</font><hr>...I got beat by a Mexican...<hr /></blockquote>

The reason I brought that up is because I ran into that guy the other night and we had a nice conversation, that is with the dozen or so words we have in common. After watching the guy shoot I'm not surprised he beat me, he shot darn good.

Wally: Hey amigo

Mexican guy: Hey wassup

Wally: You shoot good pool

Mexican guy (with an Efren-esque grin): I do OK
=======================================

Wally~~got his official CCB name tag yesterday. thanx Mr. Ingrate

9 Ball Girl
06-20-2003, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>vitriolic conjecture<hr /></blockquote>

Say that 10x fast! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/splitform.gif

eg8r
06-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Nope, Slim Jim never sent it. However, I also do not remember getting cussed out. Must have been an inconsequential blurb on the radar. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
06-20-2003, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It leads me to wonder , in addition to the regular who obviously posts as slim jim, what other sick personalities are they also posting as, as these pop up frequently as well. <hr /></blockquote> I don't bother wondering. I try not to waste my time figuring out children's names.

eg8r

eg8r
06-20-2003, 09:02 AM
Alright I will try...

vitriolic conjecture
vitriolic conjecture
vitriolic conjecture
vitriolic conjecture
vitriolic conjecture
vitriolic conjecture
vitriolic conjecture
vitriolic conjecture
vitriolic conjecture
vitryolic conjecture, doh!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

06-20-2003, 11:58 AM
LOL @ eg8r!

Say, not to stray off-topic (as if we haven't already) but what DID happen to ol' Popcorn? I was just thinking the last couple days that he hasn't posted, then Laura says he's no longer with us? Don't tell me he went to the big PH in the sky... I kinda miss him posting, he was certainly one of the old-timers I enjoy hearing tell pool stories. Him being a curmudgeon at times was just the icing on the cake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Qtec
06-20-2003, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the post you cite, I was not inferring that I agreed Slim Jim and Patrick and Christ2 were the same person posting under different names. I am hardly inclined to engage in that type of frivolous speculation; and even if I were unfortunate enough not to know better than to do so, I would certainly not publically embarrass myself by posting such unproven allegations <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
Quote Qtec:
dont you think it is possible that this guy and Patrick are one and the same? SlimJim starts the ball rolling ,Patrick jumps in and in no time at all, Christ2 shows up in the same post. Coincidence ?
<hr /></blockquote>

I was asking a question . I was not making an allegation .

Q

bluewolf
06-20-2003, 12:29 PM
I cannot speak for what anybody else may know, including eg8r. All that I can say is that he sent me a goodbye pm

Wally_in_Cincy
06-20-2003, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> LOL @ eg8r!

Say, not to stray off-topic (as if we haven't already) but what DID happen to ol' Popcorn? I was just thinking the last couple days that he hasn't posted, then Laura says he's no longer with us? Don't tell me he went to the big PH in the sky... I kinda miss him posting, he was certainly one of the old-timers I enjoy hearing tell pool stories. Him being a curmudgeon at times was just the icing on the cake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah I really enjoyed his posts a lot.

I don't know what made him mad but he disappeared kinda like Q-guy did a while back. Regarding the curmudgeon factor, I sometimes thought he was Q-guy posting under a different name, or at least his twin brother separated at birth /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bluewolf
06-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Right after my accident, I posted very quickly and not thoroughly. then was off line mostly for a few days due to limited internet access and just feeling wiped.

Most people posted a 'glad you are alive' post. Popcorn posted a somewhat cantankerous post. It did not bother me because it was just his experience with hit and run driver.

When I got back home, there was a pm waiting for me from him saying he had had to turn his pm off and he was not going to be on ccb anymore.

I felt horrible and hope the pms he got were not because of me. Then I started this thread on NPF hoping someone had his email. I just wanted to write to him to say that I was not at all offended by what he wrote and how much I like his posts. Noone responded.

I really hope he comes back. I still feel responsible in some ways without knowing exactly why he left.

Laura

06-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Vagabond
06-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Philosopher is a blind man searching for a black cat in a dark room where there is no cat at all.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

highsea
06-21-2003, 06:27 AM
I aint smart enough to out smart my horse. I know you are goin to ask, the name of my horse is horse, and the name of my woman is woman, the name of my dog is dog, the name of my cow is cow. you see my life is a simple one.
The Ice mon

06-22-2003, 12:34 AM
Hot damn son, old high seas done made me a celebrity, sheeee it. deos that mean I am one of you all now, am I in th,e clic. Then I can trash some turnkey and you all will pile on him after me and rag him back to Oklahoma. Thanks pal, youi made my day. I cant wait to tell old alligator annie about this, I may even un tie her and take the stick out of her mouth. This is the greatest day of my life, high seas, When the coon dogs drops her pups, I am gonna name one of em after you son.

The Ice Mon

06-22-2003, 10:06 AM
Fast Larry the WORLD CHAMPION!! Now thets funny!!

06-22-2003, 10:34 AM
http://www.ontherack.com/International_Artistic_Pool_Rankings.htm /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="red"> /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>