PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Sosa --- part2

Ralph S.
06-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Well, Sosa's suspension has been served, the Cubs are still in first place, and in Sammys first game back he went 2-4. On the first hit, a single, the bat shattered. Hey naysayers, no cork in it. His other hit... only a 450+ foot home run to dead center.

Way to go Sammy!!!! Now, who still thinks he did it on purpose and needs a corked bat!. Keep in mind, all his other bats were clean, including those that were already in the HOF, and have been there for several years.

Yes he was jeered by some and cheered by others, but the bottom line is Sammy is back, his reputation is not tarnished {in my opinion}, and when he does retire, he will be a forst ballot HOF'er.

Qtec
06-19-2003, 06:21 AM
Ralph , what you have seen is known as 'The old dodgy bat , get out of trouble trick '. It works like this ,

Guy gets caught with dodgy bat .
Guy gets suspended.
Guy comes back and first hit ,FIRST HIT . Get it . FIRST HIT and the bat breaks .[ bat is already sawn through ]
Bat is examined and no cork .
Guy innocent .
Hits next ball with corked bat .
Guy hero . SIMPLE .
And you bought it . Tut , tut .

If you buy this you will buy anything. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ralph S.
06-19-2003, 07:03 AM
You're right Q, if I believed that I would buy anything LOL. Good thing is I dont believe it. Just glad to see that Sammy is back on track. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
06-19-2003, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, Sosa's suspension has been served, the Cubs are still in first place, and in Sammys first game back he went 2-4. On the first hit, a single, the bat shattered. Hey naysayers, no cork in it. His other hit... only a 450+ foot home run to dead center. <font color="blue"> He had a great game. </font color>

Way to go Sammy!!!! Now, who still thinks he did it on purpose and needs a corked bat <font color="blue"> (I don't think anyone on this board said he needed a corked bat) </font color> !. Keep in mind, all his other bats were clean, including those that were already in the HOF, and have been there for several years. <font color="blue"> This was a plus for him. Proved he was not lying when he said it was his only corked bat. </font color>

Yes he was jeered by some and cheered by others, but the bottom line is Sammy is back, his reputation is not tarnished {in my opinion}, and when he does retire, he will be a forst ballot HOF'er. <font color="blue"> He absolutely will be a first ballot HOF'er. I only have 2 issues with Sammy, first...He exercised poor judgement (haven't we all) by having a corked bat in the first place, let alone not marking it and keeping it with his other bats. Two, if he truly was sorry for what he did, why argue with the time of suspension. I understand it is better for the team to have him back earlier, but what else does this do. He should have fessed up for the mistake, dealt with the consequences and moved on. He has dealt with abbreviated consequences and is now finally moving on.

Sammy is a great ball player and it is fun to watch him play. I am happy he is back and this is past him. Play ball!!!!! </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

#### leonard
06-21-2003, 06:48 AM
I think Cooperstown will have to examine the "Babes" 54 ounce bat to see if there is cork in it.####

eg8r
06-21-2003, 07:30 AM
My gosh, was he swinging a 54 oz bat? I think I would wear out in no time swinging that thing. Seems like a bat from the local batting cages. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It would be interesting to see if he did cork it. I just don't think the HOF is interested in any chances of ruining someone that is already in the HOF.

eg8r

nAz
06-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Yeah thats a heavy ass bat Ruth used but i guess you needed a heavy bat to hit dingers with those old ball that are not juiced up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mickey Mantle did serious damage with only a 31-ounce bat. big difference in weight huh. maybe it too was corked.

eg8r
06-21-2003, 01:24 PM
31 oz is better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I started playing softball again, and this last Thursday night I was playing with a 28 oz bat. It felt like a feather after going and playing in the batting cages. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

nAz
06-22-2003, 12:25 AM
yeah when i use to play on my high school team I would take warm up swings with a 42oz wood bat and then use a 30oz wood bat when i was up at the plate. It help me generate good bat speed that way.