PDA

View Full Version : How to call the cops

nAz
06-19-2003, 07:44 AM
George Phillips of Meridian Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could
see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.
He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he said no.
Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available.
George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.
"Hello I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've just shot
them all". Then he hung up.
Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips residence. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed.
One of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

pooldaddy9
06-19-2003, 10:04 AM
A lot of truth in THIS one... Sounds like the cops around here.

highsea
06-19-2003, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooldaddy9:</font><hr> A lot of truth in THIS one... Sounds like the cops around here. <hr /></blockquote>
I agree. The cops are not concerned with property crimes. I live in a marina in Seattle, and one night I saw two guys burglarizing a boat on the next float. I called the cops, and they said they would send someone out. These guys made 4 trips back and forth with a skiff cleaning out this boat over a two hour period. I made multiple calls to the cops, over the entire period, giving them a blow by blow of the burglury. They finally told me to stop calling them. About 3 hours later, they did a slow drive through of the parking lot. They didn't even stop, or try to interview me for a description. I chased them down in the parking lot and asked them if they wanted the registration numbers of the boat so they could contact the owner, or make out a report or something, and they said, "No, the marina owner can handle it."

In Seattle, if your home is burglarized, they mail you a form to fill out. What a joke.

-CM

nAz
06-19-2003, 12:29 PM
I was told it was a true story.
still its funny.

Nightstalker
06-19-2003, 12:36 PM
It is sad but true, sometimes you have to call their bluff like that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

heater451
06-19-2003, 04:01 PM
I knew I'd seen that before. . . . /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;Number=69047&amp;Forum =npr&amp;Words=I%20thought%20you%20said%20&amp;Match=Entir e%20Phrase&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=6months&amp;Main= 69047&amp;Search=true#Post69047

====================

TomBrooklyn
06-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Police Have No Duty To Protect Individuals
by Peter Kasler

Professor Don B. Kates, Jr., eminent civil rights lawyer and criminologist, states:

Even if all 500,000 American police officers were assigned to patrol, they could not protect 240 million citizens from upwards of 10 million criminals who enjoy the luxury of deciding when and where to strike.

It is, therefore, a fact of law and of practical necessity that individuals are responsible for their own personal safety, and that of their loved ones. Police protection must be recognized for what it is: only an auxiliary general deterrent.

Remember, even if the police were obligated to protect us (which they aren't), or even if they tried to protect us (which they often don't, a fact brought home to millions nationwide as they watched in horror the recent events in Los Angeles), most often there wouldn't be time enough for them to do it. It's about time that we came to grips with that, and resolved never to abdicate responsibility for our personal safety, and that of our loved ones, to anyone else.

The above is excerpted from this article. (http://www.shadeslanding.com/firearms/kasler-protection.html)

nAz
06-20-2003, 01:10 AM
Heater thanks i did not remember reading that post before.

AndyG
06-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Tom, I think it's decisions like this that have increased the number of states where 'shall issue' weapons permits can be had.

Most of those states have shown a marked decrease in violent crime since giving the citizens the ability to protect themselves legally.
AndyG