PDA

View Full Version : What's the name of this cartoon character?

Karatemom
06-20-2003, 08:05 AM
My friend and I are banging our heads trying to remember the name of the cartoon character that says, "I'm hunnnnnngry". Anyone remember who that is, before we our heads explode?!

One of the kids this morning said it in the breakfast line, but he didn't know where it came from. Now us "old" people are trying to remember, and can't! LOL

Heide

dg-in-centralpa
06-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Can you give us a little more to go on?

DG - who lost on Funny Cide

Karatemom
06-20-2003, 08:44 PM
I can't think of much more. I think it may have to do with a southern family of bears or dogs, but I'm not sure. I just remember this thing, either a bear or a dog, saying that phrase to anyone who's around, in an alto voice. I keep thinking about Huckleberry Hounds' friends, but it is definitely one of the older cartoons from my age, not like Powerpuff Girls or anything like that.

Heide ~ been 14 hours and it's still bugging me

dg-in-centralpa
06-21-2003, 07:40 AM
Heide - I'm thinking along the lines of Quick Draw McGraw, Speedy Gonzalez,Droopy Dog, or Snaggle Puss.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-21-2003, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> I can't think of much more. I think it may have to do with a southern family of bears or dogs, but I'm not sure. .....<hr /></blockquote>

http://www.pazsaz.com/hbears.html

Hillbilly Bears was originally aired as part of The Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel Show series, which featured Atom Ant, The Secret Squirrel Show, Precious Pupp, Squiddly Diddly, and Winsome Witch. Hillbilly Bears was about the silly adventures of a family of backwoods bears. The series debuted on October 2, 1965 and lasted 2 seasons. Later Hillbilly Bears was shown during The Banana Splits Adventure Hour, a live action show with characters who acted silly and introduced the next Hanna Barbera cartoon segment or another live action segment meant to appeal to children. The five cartoon segments shown on a rotating basis during the series were The Arabian Knights, The Three Musketeers, Hillbilly Bears, The Micro Ventures, and The Adventures Of Gulliver. The two live action segments shown on a rotating basis during the series were Danger Island (which starred Jan-Michael Vincent when he was very young) and New Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn. The series aired from 1968-1970.

Karatemom
06-21-2003, 10:04 AM
Wally, I think you nailed it, but which bear was he? And was it even the Hillbilly Bears. My memory is going in my "old age", LOL.

Heide

Rio
06-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Was it Boo Boo, Yogi Bear's sidekick? Little bear with a sad face--always wore a bow tie?

Rio

Wally_in_Cincy
06-21-2003, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Wally, I think you nailed it, but which bear was he?

<font color="blue">don't know. either Paw Rugg or Shag Rugg </font color>

And was it even the Hillbilly Bears.

<font color="blue">yes I think so </font color>

My memory is going in my "old age", LOL.

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

Karatemom
06-21-2003, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rio:</font><hr> Was it Boo Boo, Yogi Bear's sidekick? Little bear with a sad face--always wore a bow tie?

Rio <hr /></blockquote>No wasn't booboo. This voice had a southern twang to it.

Heide

Stretch
06-21-2003, 12:09 PM
For a Southern Twang it's hard to beat Foghorn Leghorn lol. He still cracks me up. St

Wally_in_Cincy
06-21-2003, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> For a Southern Twang it's hard to beat Foghorn Leghorn lol. He still cracks me up. St <hr /></blockquote>

I think he's a senator from Alabama now /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
06-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Geez - I forgot all about Atom Ant and Secret Squirrel. I remember The Banana Splits but never watched it. I thought they were dumb. I was into more intellectual shows like Man From UNCLE, The Avengers, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants,etc.

DG - who's starting to get his memory back

Karatemom
06-21-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey, DG, do you remember the one (non-cartoon) about the family, who lived in a tree house, in the middle of the dinosaur ages? Can't remember the name of that one either, but I remember the cave they went into and it had to do with a glowing stone. I used to watch that one alot, too. Loved Atom Ant and Secret Squirrel, too.

Heide ~ likes remembering the "good ole' days"

Rod
06-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Heavens to Murgatroid! dg , now your talking. Or Huckleberry Hound. Huck on the telephone "Dinky Dalton I'm a runnin you in". Then you see a fist come through the receiver of the phone. That Dinky's got a right weird sense of humor.

rod, who remembers a few from the 60's

dg-in-centralpa
06-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Rod - I thought Huckleberry Hound was good. Always loved the Road Runner and Bugs Bunny. How about this for some oldie cartoons... remember Space Ghost and Bird Man? How about one of my favorites... Jonny Quest. Remember the cartoon of King kong? That was a flop as far as I'm concerned. Nicklelodeon runs these old cartoons on a Saturday morning sometimes. I was in heaven watching them and my daughter who's only 12 going on 13, looks at me kind of weird. I guess she had to be there.

DG - who watched the original King Kong over 300 times.

dg-in-centralpa
06-21-2003, 08:24 PM
I almost forgot one of my all time favorite shows - The Green Hornet with Kato and The Black Beauty. I tried to imitate Kato as a kid. I did a karate chop on my brother - right on the throat. He screamed bloody murder and my mother did a karate chop on my a$$. Then I screamed as well.

DG - who can account for at least one third of my mothers' gray hair, if not more

dg-in-centralpa
06-21-2003, 08:28 PM
Heide - Do you remember Under Dog with Simon Barsinister and Sweet Polly Purebread, Tennessee Tuxedo, and Felix the Cat?

DG - who's starting to show his age

Rod
06-21-2003, 08:39 PM
I remember Bird Man, humm can't remember Space ghost. A little later but who was that Martian and Bugs bunny. LOL He had his XGR something and keeps trying to blow up Earth. Johny Quest was ok but I don;t remember King Kong the cartoon. The original King Kong with Faye Wray, yep I've watched it many times, LOL, but not 300.

Karatemom
06-21-2003, 10:19 PM
OMG, yes. Oooops, I mean no, never heard of them, LOL.

Loved Tennessee Tuxedo. Cutest little penguin! LOL. Remember Jabberjaw? Another one I used to watch.

Heide ~ is 29 forever

highsea
06-21-2003, 10:34 PM
"In my ring, sweet polly, if you will; my Underdog secret enery pill"

Now Popeye had his spinach, and that's ok. Can you think of any other cartoon hero besides Underdog that used drugs?

-CM

dg-in-centralpa
06-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Rod - Space Ghost was an outer space crime fighter who had a teenage boy and girl as sidekicks as well as a monkey named Blip. All could fly and all could make themself invisible. Space Ghost had some kind of wristband that held special powers.

nAz
06-22-2003, 12:15 PM
the guy with the bird is called .... Birdman /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

anyone watch space ghost coast to coast? very funny adult cartoon.

SpiderMan
06-22-2003, 02:46 PM
I remember the line; it's burned into my memory. As kids we used to all try to imitate it. I don't think any of the guesses so far are correct. None of them go with my image of the voice. I want to say that the character was a dog, but I'm not sure.

SpiderMan

Karatemom
06-22-2003, 05:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I remember the line; it's burned into my memory. As kids we used to all try to imitate it. I don't think any of the guesses so far are correct. None of them go with my image of the voice. I want to say that the character was a dog, but I'm not sure.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>That is the exact character I'm thinking of, too. Some of it fits with the Hillbilly Bears, but I'm still not convinced that's it. I've looked through some of the old Hanna Barbera websites, but still can't seem to find out who it is.

Heide

SecaucusFats
06-23-2003, 01:50 AM
There was a character that appeared a couple of times in the Woody Wooodpecker cartoons. It was an alligator with a southern drawl that was always trying to cook Woody. His signature line was "Aaaaahm Hunhhhhhgreee!".

Fats

Karatemom
06-23-2003, 05:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> There was a character that appeared a couple of times in the Woody Wooodpecker cartoons. It was an alligator with a southern drawl that was always trying to cook Woody. His signature line was "Aaaaahm Hunhhhhhgreee!".

Fats <hr /></blockquote>I remember him well. But it's not the character I'm thinking of. The one I'm thinking about is not as smart as that gator was. I don't think he had much else to say except how hungry he was.

Heide ~ thought for sure nAz would know this one

Kato
06-23-2003, 06:30 AM
Space Ghost is my favorite cartoon of all time. What they have on Nick now is no good. Space needs to fight evil not have a talk show!!!!!!

Kato~~~realizes Grape Ape is the greatest Super Hero of all time!!!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
06-23-2003, 07:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> "In my ring, sweet polly, if you will; my Underdog secret enery pill"

Now Popeye had his spinach, and that's ok. Can you think of any other cartoon hero besides Underdog that used drugs?

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

I took one or two of those secret energy pills back in the 70's /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif "Hey guys, I've got an idea, let's drive to Florida" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And Fearless Fly had his glasses "My glasses, my glasses" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dg-in-centralpa
06-23-2003, 06:23 PM
I forgot about Fearless Fly. That was a great cartoon also.

Qtec
06-23-2003, 06:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> "In my ring, sweet polly, if you will; my Underdog secret enery pill"

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

Rodger Ramjet used to take a Proton pill.

Trust me to know that one !

Q