PDA

View Full Version : Closing Time at the Zoo

WaltVA
06-20-2003, 08:18 AM
The webmaster at playpool.com has removed the message board due to "inappropriate messages"(a classic understatement), says he will look into getting a new board requiring log-in.

Walt in VA

Wally_in_Cincy
06-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Why now? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif It was getting to be too funny. Pretty vulgar though.

Ed must have gotten awfully busy to just walk away and not monitor that place. Just hope those guys don't come here. ccb admin would be busy as a one-legged man in a butt-kickin' contest trying to keep up with that kind of nonsense.

eg8r
06-20-2003, 08:49 AM
If you were referring to me, I try and stay away from the zoo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I heard enough about it here.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
06-20-2003, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> If you were referring to me, I try and stay away from the zoo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I heard enough about it here.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Ed Mercier is the guy that started the site and I guess is still the webmaster. I bought a cue from him once.

Rod
06-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Humm, where will the animals go now?

WaltVA
06-20-2003, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Ed must have gotten awfully busy to just walk away and not monitor that place. <hr /></blockquote>

Yep, IIRC Ed posted that he wasn't going to be able to monitor the site for quite a while, had considered shutting it down, but figured he'd leave it up in hopes it might be useful and sorta self-monitoring. It was OK for a while after that, then came the goofy woofing contests, and then when people realized there were really NO rules anymore, it got to be a contest as to who could out-raunch whom.

Walt in VA

eg8r
06-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Alright. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r