PDA

View Full Version : Is this immoral? If not...

Cuemage
03-30-2002, 12:16 AM
who's interested?

Trading/loaning match tapes so we don't all go broke tryin to watch tha PROS.

Let the beating begin...

The Cuemage

Kato
03-30-2002, 10:15 AM
If I had any I would.

Kato~~don't got any

03-30-2002, 10:24 AM
Hmm, trading/loaning tapes isn't immoral. Copying tapes that you haven't purchased is (considered) immoral (by the tape producers, vendors and those who support them).

I would imagine this immoral copying rarely happens!

Steve

Tom_In_Cincy
03-30-2002, 11:07 PM
This is not immoral, but it is cheap... and could be considered against the law. Lawyers would make all the money..anyway.

TomBrooklyn
03-31-2002, 12:40 AM
After searching my heart and consulting with a team of copyright attorneys and a convened caucus of spiritual leaders, I was able to determine the following:

Trading, selling, or loaning tapes is neither illegal nor immoral. Once you buy them, you own them. You may ethically give them away, sell them for any price the market will bear, trade them, loan them, or burn them in a ritualisic ceremony subject to the dictates of your religion and local fire laws.

What you did not buy is the licence to use them commercially, or reproduce them for the purpose of selling or trading the copies.

Showing them to friends or family in a non commercial setting is legal and moral.
Showing them to a paying audience without permission from the producer is almost certainly illegal.
Showing them to a non-paying public audience without permission might be illegal.

Making one copy for your own back-up is probably moral and might be legal. Consider computer software licence agreements that typically allow you to make a back-up copy in case the original media is damaged or becomes corrupted.

Copying them for the purpose of trading or selling them is illegal and immoral.

Loaning them is neither illegal nor immoral. Think public libraries here.

That will be $20.00. Please forward to my account.

03-31-2002, 07:14 AM
THIS IS POOL!!! MORALITY BE DAMNED!!!