PDA

View Full Version : My Pool Halls Music Selection

GreenLion
06-20-2003, 10:34 PM
Im am very thankful that the Pool Hall near me serves no alcohol but what upsets me is this:On the Door they have posted NO CUSSING yet the juke box has music on it thats full of smutt.That music is very offensive to me and it also does not do Pocket Billiards reputation any good.I dont understand why so many people like smutt in the music they listen too.You can have hard rock without the cussing.Im alittle afraid to say something to the owner about it because i dont want to upset him.Should i tell him about how i feel about the music and how it may damage Pocket Billiards reputation? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

George Comerford
06-21-2003, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GreenLion:</font><hr> Im am very thankful that the Pool Hall near me serves no alcohol but what upsets me is this:On the Door they have posted NO CUSSING yet the juke box has music on it thats full of smutt.That music is very offensive to me and it also does not do Pocket Billiards reputation any good.I dont understand why so many people like smutt in the music they listen too.You can have hard rock without the cussing.Im alittle afraid to say something to the owner about it because i dont want to upset him.Should i tell him about how i feel about the music and how it may damage Pocket Billiards reputation? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

From the room owners point of view I think he wants to have music on the juke that will make his customers happy.I don`t know what the clientele is there but if a lot of the business is a younger crowd then I think your criticism will fall on deaf ears.I think the real point here is that you find the music offensive.I don`t think we have to worry about the music in your particular room damaging pool`s rep.Pool has much bigger problems than that.You may be able to get the room owner to add some selections that you do like.Then when you get there you can slap a 10 spot in the juke and play all songs that you like and then you won`t be subjected to songs you don`t want to hear.HTH.

George

nAz
06-21-2003, 04:16 PM
One of the local PH I play at has a new Internet Juke box, claims to have over 100,000 songs selection, they have the ablility to filter out most songs that some people consider too vulger. for the most part no one complains about whats playing (Rap) but me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif To solve that problem I usually drop in about $10 and load it up with some Led Zep or Hendrix and lots floyd /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

snipershot
06-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Where I play everyone listens to alot rock and some blues which is good, if there's alot of country or something then
I do the same thing, drop about ten bucks in there and play what I want to hear, the music usually lasts an hour to an hour and a half which is good.

eg8r
06-21-2003, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To solve that problem I usually drop in about $10 and load it up with some Led Zep or Hendrix and lots floyd <hr /></blockquote> Now that sounds like some good music. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

06-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Maybe I'm starting to get warped by the various conspiracy theories popping up on this board. But there was something about GreenLion, er GL's, rhythm in this thread that stuck in my ear.

"Im am very thankful that the Pool Hall near me serves no alcohol but what upsets me is this:On the Door they have posted NO CUSSING yet the juke box has music on it thats full of smutt.That music is very offensive to me and it also does not do Pocket Billiards reputation any good.I dont understand why so many people like smutt in the music they listen too."

Then I looked through his posts and read this one from a few days ago:

"Amgine ive been reading your posts the last few days and i think you owe Scott Lee an apolagy for putting him down the way you did.Putting someone down is a pathetic way of introducing yourself to other people.I also think you owe an apolagy to everyone else in this forum because of your Attitude.If you keep this up and don't apolagize for it then people will eventually stop responding to you.I have no respect for you at this time.If you are a perfessional like you say you are then you need to start acting like one."

Hmmm ... FL, GL, GNA ... I thought it was some sort of manic problem, but it's starting to look like multiple personality disorder. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rod
06-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Humm, gives me an idea, should I have another pool room i'll put a bunch of rap on it so guys like you will throw in 10 bucks. LOL Owners like a money fight to control the JB. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooldaddy9
06-22-2003, 04:14 AM
I would say take your Walkman player in with you but you would probably have to give the owner 10%.

nAz
06-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Last night i played an hours worth of Frank Sanantra had the young kids going crazy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snook
06-22-2003, 06:58 PM
hmm...i wish my jb had some good frakie..but alas its all crap kid rock over and over, and i swear everytime i'm there i hear sandman at least 5 times, which was cool the first time, up until i heard it the fifth.

oh well....and here im 16 and still dont like that crap

GreenLion
06-23-2003, 12:14 AM
hehe thats funny nAz.Im sher those young kids were having fits about that hehe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GreenLion
06-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Thats a good idea Pooldaddy9.Its sher would be alot cheaper that way.I go to the Pool Hall alot so paying for the table time is enough.

9 Ball Girl
06-23-2003, 09:36 AM
My poolroom has an Internet Jukebox. Every kind of music comes out of it but to tell you the truth, I don't really "hear" it while I'm shooting, ya know? Like someone mentioned before, if the clientele is mostly young, then the room will cater to them.

Oh yeah, I don't think the music gives pool a bad name. It's the people that give pool a bad name. JMO