PDA

View Full Version : As the CCB turns

bluewolf
06-21-2003, 03:40 AM
Having achieved the lofty status of Carpal Tunnel, probably the least experienced person to achieve such a status and in such a short time, it is appropriate in my opinion to say something about CCB.

There are new people here who may be like me when I first got here. It is like walking into a room of 100 people and they all know each other and are friends. The new person may feel out of place and on the outside looking in. Over time, the new person gets to know a few of these people and in time, feels comfortable with more and more of them.

CCB is not just a pool forum, you see. There are jokes to be found on the non-pool forum, stories to be told of a personal nature and on the pool side, lots of good pool information to be learned and there is also information about various famous personalities and tournaments among other things related to the pool world.

I can personally attest to the desire here to help the beginner and to answer sincere questions posted even by the new person.

CCB is like also a group of friends and in many respects like a big family. Is it perfect? No, just like no family is perfect. There are ups and downs, conflicts and resolutions, and growth through all of that and a strengthening of family ties.

It is a good place to hang out, make friends and learn about pool...

See you at the open..

I was going to post about what vomit means to me VD-Steve, but will save that for later (hint-it has something to do with my karate days).

Thanks to all.Feeling kind of mushy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

06-21-2003, 09:19 AM
dont sell yourself short laura. U have been a Carpal Tunnel for a while now. Hey U became Carpal Tunnel before U became an SL 3!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

nAz
06-21-2003, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote YappingWolf:</font><hr>Hey U became Carpal Tunnel before U became an SL 3!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Bahahahaha

congrats BW /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rackmup
06-21-2003, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey U became Carpal Tunnel before U became an SL 3!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Her CCB ranking and her APA S/L were both obtained in the same amount of time...about one week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards,

Ken (Laura is the most prolific poster on the CCB)

9 Ball Girl
06-23-2003, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> I can personally attest to the desire here to help the beginner and to answer sincere questions posted even by the new person.<hr /></blockquote>Gasp! So you're no longer a beginner? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Keep typing away, wolfie... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bluewolf
06-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Did not mean dat. Gotta realize my definition of beginner is different. Good = runs racks Intermediate=runs out in 3 innings. If more than 3 innings=beginner. That makes me a beginner. Course I am talking about true run outs not sloppin in the 9. Even someone weak can get lucky but does not make them good.

Cant wait for the ccb tournie. Now dat will be fun and funny parts too Im speckin

9 Ball Girl
06-23-2003, 02:15 PM
I see said the blind man. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hmmm, well according to your definitions, I'd say I fall between Good and Intermediate. Heavier on the Intermediate side of course!

I too cannot wait for the CCB Tourney. But before that Saturday, I'm going to be there all week with my buds yucking it up at the US Open! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bluewolf
06-23-2003, 03:07 PM
That is just my perception, of course, based on my own play. I also play 8 ball instead of 9 but 9 looks fun.

I heard you were getting some runouts so figured you are getting good /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking forward to the open too and trying to practice everyday so will be better at those long shots, I hope and a little better at shape by then also.

This last week, I had a two ball combo followed by the 8. Did the shape right on the first, but had to do oe on the next to come off a rail for shape on the 8. Gave it a little too much juice leaving me longer on the 8 than I would have liked. And that is SIMPLE shape. Gots long way to go on that for sure.

Laura

eg8r
06-23-2003, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now dat will be fun... <hr /></blockquote> The spoken language looks terrible when being read online. Did not like it when FL posted this way, I hope you don't start doing it.

eg8r

WaltVA
06-23-2003, 09:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote :</font><hr> Now dat will be fun and funny parts too Im speckin <hr /></blockquote>
Yep, thought maybe FL/gna had left some fake Cajun accent germs around and some other posters had been infected. Hope it clears up soon.

Walt in VA

Wally_in_Cincy
06-24-2003, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaltVA:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote :</font><hr> Now dat will be fun and funny parts too Im speckin <hr /></blockquote>
Yep, thought maybe FL/gna had left some fake Cajun accent germs around and some other posters had been infected. Hope it clears up soon.

Walt in VA
<hr /></blockquote>

It should be OK. bluewolf is the only CCBer who worships at the feet of the Fast man.

bluewolf
06-24-2003, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Walt in VA
<hr /></blockquote>

It should be OK. bluewolf is the only CCBer who worships at the feet of the Fast man. <hr /></blockquote>

Always did pick up accents. As far as the above statement-the reality is that you meet someone in pool then end up talking about other stuff more than pool. Sometimes it ends up you have more in common in that other stuff than in pool.

I like the game.It is closer to the top of FL list, for obvious reasons like skill, than it is mine.

"Friendhips are not based on agreement, but on committment"

bw

Chris Cass
06-25-2003, 11:34 PM
Laura,

We are all beginners, myself included. There's so much to the game and the main thing is to never forget you can always learn something new. Like a black belt in karate. That is a student of the art. JMHO

Regards,

C.C.~~Open bound.......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif