PDA

View Full Version : Changing posting styles

bluewolf
06-21-2003, 04:16 AM
I just recently revealed the fact that I am a writer. It was what I was born to do. Internet writing is different and those types of talents are not always that obvious. I just want to say that I have always written and have recently been asked to write a number of books by several different people, which will be taking up most of my time when I am not 'playing' on the internet to relax, practicing pool or racing with my dogs.

I am not trying to brag. I believe that everyone has talents. Many here are talented at pool among other things. I do not think that anyone is better thsn anyone else. It is just a matter for each person of finding where their talents lay and acting on that.

I made the above statement because even though I am a good writer, if I tried to use a different writing style, people would see through that very quickly. It is just, IMO, virtually impossible.

This is a way of saying that this is why I know so much about writing styles. Even a professional writer finds it difficult to disguise their writing style unless it is co-authored, resulting in the blending of someone else's style in with theirs.

And it does not take a writer to pick up a writing style.Anyone who is observant and reasonably intelligent can pick this up. This was certainly the case in a recent handle which was discussed here. I was not the only one to pick up the style of this person and to match it with another handle. Others may have picked this up too or would have if they had been paying attention to this.

We are all individuals and have unique flavors. It is not enough to change caps, mispell words which are usually spelled correctly or to make sentences choppy which are usually longer. It is the person, you see, that comes through in the writing. That is why it is virtually impossible to disguise one's self as another. The person comes through much as each of us has a unique set of finger prints, we each come through in our writing.

It is truly a futile attempt. Why not just be honest?

'To thine own self be true'.

Laura

highsea
06-21-2003, 04:30 AM
Sorry, Laura.
I guess I missed something. Maybe you could be less ambiguous, then I would know what you are talking about. Did someone do something wrong?

BTW, I'll be the first to say, congrats on Carpal Tunnel!http://www.kurts-smilies.de/band.gif

-Casey <~~~ is not the amazing Kreskin

06-21-2003, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> I just recently revealed the fact that I am a writer. It was what I was born to do. Internet writing is different and those types of talents are not always that obvious. I just want to say that I have always written and have recently been asked to write a number of books by several different people, which will be taking up most of my time when I am not 'playing' on the internet to relax, practicing pool or racing with my dogs.

I am not trying to brag. I believe that everyone has talents. Many here are talented at pool among other things. I do not think that anyone is better thsn anyone else. It is just a matter for each person of finding where their talents lay and acting on that.

I made the above statement because even though I am a good writer, if I tried to use a different writing style, people would see through that very quickly. It is just, IMO, virtually impossible.

This is a way of saying that this is why I know so much about writing styles. Even a professional writer finds it difficult to disguise their writing style unless it is co-authored, resulting in the blending of someone else's style in with theirs.

And it does not take a writer to pick up a writing style.Anyone who is observant and reasonably intelligent can pick this up. This was certainly the case in a recent handle which was discussed here. I was not the only one to pick up the style of this person and to match it with another handle. Others may have picked this up too or would have if they had been paying attention to this.

We are all individuals and have unique flavors. It is not enough to change caps, mispell words which are usually spelled correctly or to make sentences choppy which are usually longer. It is the person, you see, that comes through in the writing. That is why it is virtually impossible to disguise one's self as another. The person comes through much as each of us has a unique set of finger prints, we each come through in our writing.

It is truly a futile attempt. Why not just be honest?

'To thine own self be true'.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

Stretch
06-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Hey, i'm a righter to! Never let the lack of talent and inability to spell hold ya back. That's what i always say. My 6 year old daughter trys to write, and the scary part is. I can read it! Anyway, putting down thoughts is relaxing and good for focus. Much like reading. Much like Pool. St

rackmup
06-21-2003, 01:03 PM
jeez. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

highsea
06-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Ken, I'm just trying to figure out who BW is referring to. Is it FL?, YW?, gna?, slimjim?, patrick?, someone else?

She seems to be lecturing someone about being honest, I just can't figure out who.

-CM

rackmup
06-21-2003, 01:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr>...I just can't figure out who <hr /></blockquote>

It would be best to quit trying. Does it really matter? So someone is posting under several names. Big deal.

If one has the need to be overly-sensitive about something, a better subject of conversation could be chosen. There are greater, far more volatile subjects that adversly impact a persons life, their character, etc:

<ul type="square">
Tip types and how they depict one's sexual preference.
Break Cues and their link to satanic symbols.
How your cue case represents your parenting skills.
Gay or Straight? Why you break from the right or the left side of the table.
I missed the eight because I assumed you were talking about me.
[/list]

See what I mean?

Regards,

Ken

highsea
06-21-2003, 01:42 PM
this is all way too deep for me...

I better go check all my pool stuff and make sure I'm not sending someone the wrong signals. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif