PDA

View Full Version : Changing Roasting Styles

rackmup
06-21-2003, 01:17 PM
I just recently revealed the fact that I am a roaster. It was what I was born to do. BBQ'ing, Oven Roasting, Grilling, and Hibachi cooking are different and those types of roasters that use gas grills are not always that obvious. I just want to say that I have always roasted and have recently been asked to roast a number of roasts by several different people, which will be taking up most of my time when I am not 'playing' on the internet to relax, practicing pool or roasting with my dogs.

I am not trying to brag. I believe that everyone has talents. Many here are talented at roasting among other things. I do not think that anyone is better than anyone else. It is just a matter for each person of finding where their talents lay and roasting the way they know how.

I made the above statement because even though I am a good roaster, if I tried to use a different roasting style, people could smell through that very quickly. It is just, IMO, virtually impossible.

This is a way of saying that this is why I know so much about roasting styles. Even a professional roaster finds it difficult to disguise their roasts with marinades and sauces unless it is slow-roasted, resulting in the blending of smoke, southern style, in with their own particular roasting recipe.

And it does not take a roaster to pick up a roasting style. Anyone who is observant and reasonably intelligent can roast. This was certainly the case in a recent pork loin which was discussed here. I was not the only one to pick up the style of this person and to light my grill with a match. Others may have picked up a match too or would have used a lighter if they didn't have a match.

We are all individuals and have roasts with different flavors. It is not enough to change sauce, grill veggies which are usually ignored at BBQ's or to make chopped onion salads which are usually yummy. It is the person, you see, that comes through in the roasting. That is why it is virtually impossible to disguise one's roast as another. The meat comes through much as each of us has a unique set of BBQ tools, we each come to possess through our roasting.

It is truly a futile attempt to roast without fire. Why not just be honest? We need flame!

'To thine roasting be true'.

Ken

"The strength of the heat is in the jalapeno,
the heat of the jalapeno is in the vegetable section of your local market."

highsea
06-21-2003, 01:23 PM
What I want to know is this.

If I came to your barbeque and roasted my own hot dog, would you want 20%? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-CM

rackmup
06-21-2003, 01:25 PM
"Hot Dogs" are not allowed at ANY Texas BBQ. Brats, Sausages, Hotlinks, etc. are allowed but no run-of-the-mill dog will ever disgrace my grill.

Nothing personal.

But yes, you are welcome anytime!

Regards,

Ken

06-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Ken, you're such a baaaaaaad boy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hey, I knew a guy recently who made really bad roasts. I mean, his roasts were terrible! So bad, that he wasn't allowed to roast around here anymore. Took his roasting elsewhere, he did.

Then a few days ago, 2 or 3 new roasters showed up, and even though their roasts were smaller and nicer looking than the old guy's roasts, they still tasted suspiciously similar. Almost identical, in fact. Either they went to the same school of roasting, or it's the same guy in disguise -- I even hear's he's dressing in drag now and sells pies with is roasts.

Groan, this is going downhill fast... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

highsea
06-21-2003, 01:33 PM
ROFLMAO

Hey, I'm getting kinda huuuunnnnngry...

bluewolf
06-21-2003, 02:22 PM
ken,

This is got to be one of your best /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

rackmup
06-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Aawww shucks. It weren't nuthin'

Regards,

Ken

06-21-2003, 05:05 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karatemom
06-21-2003, 05:51 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You got me with that one. Only had to read the first line and I damn near fell off my chair. Boy it's nice to read your humor again.

Heide

Mr Ingrate
06-22-2003, 10:29 AM
I meld baking with roasting to produce a result that is half-roasted and half-baked.

Ralph S.
06-22-2003, 10:51 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif