PDA

View Full Version : My local weather...(NYC) SUX!

nAz
06-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Its rain in NYC 29 out of the last 58 days /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

60F
Light Rain
Feels Like
60F
UV Index: 1_Minimal
Dew Point: 59F
Humidity: 96%
Visibility: 1.8 miles
Pressure: 29.86 inches and rising
Wind: From the West at 6_mph

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/236813/us_nyc_closeradar_large_usen.jpg

eg8r
06-21-2003, 05:27 PM
The rain will not even stop for a Yankees game. LOL, I bet The Boss is getting pissed. Maybe even looking for ways to buy a little sun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

06-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Lousy as it is, I see at least one benefit today, and it's the only thought getting me through this sorry summer, though most days it doesn't quite work out:

If the Mets couldn't win today, at least the evildoers didn't either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On the minus side, they're going to play another crosstown double dip next weekend, and that was a doubly dark day the last time. Can still remember the horrible sound when I was sitting in the upper deck in the Bronx when that Beantown creep beaned Piazza.

Hell, I should have a sense of humor. For sure Art Howe did when he batted Joe McEwing third last night! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
06-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Or you could live out here, at 6:45 it's cooled down to 99 in the shade, light breeze. Man thats like cool, 112 or so earlier. Out here we don't take a whiz, no need to. LOL

Rod
06-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Speaking of beesball, I have the original opening program for the Dbacks, 1998. They cost 5 bucks so I figured it an investment. Trying to sell it on ebay for $7.50 and no takers. Maybe not a good investment. LOL

eg8r
06-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Well, maybe you need to send ole Ken (aka rackmup) a PM. He seems to be a sucker for the one-hit wonders. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seems like a kewl item to keep around for awhile.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
06-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the reminder. Sheesh.

But wait. It gets worse. Has anyone here in NYC been seeing big a$$ horseflys around the past couple of days? You open the front door and 10 of them rush in past you. Then you spend the rest of the evening swatting them down. My copy of BD has fly smoosh all over it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fran

SecaucusFats
06-21-2003, 09:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Thanks for the reminder. Sheesh.

But wait. It gets worse. Has anyone here in NYC been seeing big a$$ horseflys around the past couple of days? You open the front door and 10 of them rush in past you. Then you spend the rest of the evening swatting them down. My copy of BD has fly smoosh all over it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Fran,

I'm not in NYC (North Jersey, just the other side of the Lincoln Tunnel), but I have noticed those huge flies. I have also noticed some HUGE mosquitos. I can imagine what it will be like once it warms up enough to get the bugs going! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fats &lt; Stocking up on bug repellent. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
06-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Fran,

em well you do have horses there, and they do their thing. Course we got horses, but more open area. Besides it's to hot for flies to fly. The critters just get worn out, heat exhaustion you know. ha ha

nAz
06-22-2003, 12:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Thanks for the reminder. Sheesh.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Your welcome, enjoy Sunday's wet weather too /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW do those horseflies look anything like a large Bumblebee? If so then yeah I have seen quite a few of those lately.
Another bad thing about this rain is the menacing mosquitoes population thats is going to thrive this summer and we all know what that means more cases of west Nile Virus ARGHHH!

One good thing about this wet weather we should not any drought problems this summer since it has been raining around are reservoir areas as well.

Voodoo Daddy
06-22-2003, 04:32 AM
To make you NY'ers feel better, The Sunshine State has been nothing more than a GIANT SHOWER...been raining every damn day since Memorial Day...sigh!!

dg-in-centralpa
06-22-2003, 11:19 AM
I live about 15 miles east of Hershey, PA. We have had rain 65 out of the past 95 days. The last full weekend without any rain was March 21 - 23. Only 5 weekends all year without any precipitation. It's almost the end of June and I haven't opened my pool yet. Monday thru Wednesday, they are calling for 90 degree weather and sun. I won't bet on it, I'll probably lose like I did at the Belmont.

nAz
06-22-2003, 12:22 PM
looking better for the weekdays...

Tonight Jun 22 Showers 60

Mon Jun 23 Partly Cloudy 85/67

Tue Jun 24 Mostly Sunny 83/69

Wed Jun 25 Partly Cloudy 84/69

Thu Jun 26 Partly Cloudy 84/66

Fri Jun 27 Isolated T-Storms 82/65

Sat Jun 28 Scattered T-Storms 80/64

Sun Jun 29 Scattered T-Storms 79/63