PDA

View Full Version : This guy has lost it.

Qtec
06-22-2003, 06:39 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/2999780.stm

The record industry deserves all it gets????????

Q

eg8r
06-22-2003, 10:47 AM
Agreed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
06-22-2003, 11:42 AM
OMG !!!I was going to say something but i have to lie down now........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OK . Who is this ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Q

nAz
06-22-2003, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> OMG !!!I was going to say something but i have to lie down now........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OK . Who is this ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Bahahahahaa he's a pod.

eg8r
06-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Nope just me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am not a Bill Gates fan, and do not like most of what he does. I like the little software companies (guess why?), and believe in sharing of information. Music is just another form of information.

I thought it was funny when Celine Dion's last CD came out. It would not play on computers until you took a black marker and marked the outside of the disc. After that, the CD was shared. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I also like what Madonna did with her latest CD. LOL, I am copying it, that is what I think. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

highsea
06-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Hatch is a little over the top here. I believe in protecting copyrights. An artist or author or programmer is entitled to the proceeds from his efforts.

But blowing up my computer? Come on...How about blowing up my stereo if I played a copied tape or CD? Hatch has been watching too many "Mission Impossible" reruns; "This recording will self destruct in 5 seconds".....poof.

The recording industry is all about obstruction these days, they also tried to prevent CD burning technology from getting to the marketplace.

I think Hatch is going to eat his words this time.

-CM

Ralph S.
06-22-2003, 06:12 PM
'Ole Orrin Hatch is just a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nAz
06-22-2003, 11:09 PM
lol read this: Orrin Hatch: Software Pirate?*

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) suggested Tuesday that people who download copyright materials from the Internet should have their computers automatically destroyed.

But Hatch himself is using unlicensed software on his official website, which presumably would qualify his computer to be smoked by the system he proposes.

full Story (http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,59305,00.html)

Cueless Joey
06-23-2003, 09:51 AM
OMG NaZ! That's totally hypocrytic!
Reminds me of Jane Fonda and her ex-husband who were strong anti-gun proponents. One night they were burglarized. They pulled their guns out of the drawer. They were asked why they owned guns. They tried to come up with a good answer but how do you?
Senator Hatch is getting us closer to gestapoism.

Rich R.
06-23-2003, 10:13 AM
I am in favor of protecting the people who create music, movies and software, but I'm not sure Hatch is going after the right group of people.
At times, these products are available prior to their release date. Now who do you suppose has access to a product before it is released? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I think they ought to be investigating the industry itself. A lot of this material is going out the back door, so the fat cats can get fatter and cut the creative people out of the profits. JMHO.

Also, Hatch has to realize, if they program something to destroy your computer, it will take some one about a day and a half to find away around it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cueless Joey
06-23-2003, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I am in favor of protecting the people who create music, movies and software, but I'm not sure Hatch is going after the right group of people.
At times, these products are available prior to their release date. Now who do you suppose has access to a product before it is released? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I think they ought to be investigating the industry itself. A lot of this material is going out the back door, so the fat cats can get fatter and cut the creative people out of the profits. JMHO.

Also, Hatch has to realize, if they program something to destroy your computer, it will take some one about a day and a half to find away around it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>
No kidding, Rich.
He won't be able to destroy my computer. My C drive is frozen ( deepfreezeusa.com). I have another drive for my data. So, Senator hatch ( who probably knows NOTHING about computers) will only create more sales for software writers who can easilty write programs to protect the computers' operating system.