PDA

View Full Version : ACTION

UGOTACTION
06-23-2003, 10:47 AM
HELLO ALL.. IM A NEW USER ON THE BOARD AND ME AND SOME GUYS THAT I RUN AROUND WITH ARE THINKING ABOUT TAKING A LITTLE TRIP THIS WEEK. WE ALL HAVE 5 DAYS OR SO TO GO OUT ON A LITTLE ROAD TRIP AND I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANY ACTION OR TOURNAMENTS GOING ON ANYWHERE IN THE SOUTHEAST OR ANYWHERE CLOSE TO. WITHIN ABOUT 5 HOURS DRIVE FROM CENTRAL ALABAMA. ANY INFO WOULD HELP OUT... THANKS ALOT

Kato
06-23-2003, 10:56 AM
Lowercase letters please.

Action? I'm out of the loop, can't help, sorry.

Kato~~~loop.....less

UTAddb
06-23-2003, 11:20 AM
There's probably some tournaments. Look on AZbilliards (http://www.azbilliards.com) under tours and tournaments and I'm sure you'll find something.

Drake
06-23-2003, 11:29 AM
T.K.'s Southeast Open 9 Ball Tour is in the small town of Douglas,Ga. this weekend. The name of the pool room is "Stix and Stonz" and has 12 Olhausen Grand Champions with tight pockets. This little place will stay open all night for action. The phone number is (912)393-3100.

Perk
06-23-2003, 11:46 AM
This board doesnt talk about that kinda stuff all that much. Playpool.com has a bunch of people that talk alot about it. Downsouth is where most of the posters on that board are from. You will probably have better luck at getting an actual lead from there.

Good luck.

bluewolf
06-23-2003, 11:51 AM
Playpool was shut down a few days ago. The admin did not say when it would be back up

cycopath
06-23-2003, 12:23 PM
There are posts here about action and tournaments in and around the southeast:
Mississippi Billiards Board (http://pub29.ezboard.com/bmississippibilliards)

bolo
06-23-2003, 12:38 PM
You don't have to go anywhere, I have never been anyplace there was not action. All you need to do is play fair games and you can get all the action you want.

DebraLiStarr
06-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Quote Bluewolf :
"Playpool was shut down a few days ago. The admin did not say when it would be back up "

That is where this clown is from. I'm not sure if I am alone, but I have noticed their presence here since they shut down their playground... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kato
06-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Figured they'd show up Deb but I wouldn't be suprised if many of them were all ready registered. I lurked on playpool and I usually hit AZ once per day.

Kato

UGOTACTION
06-23-2003, 02:02 PM
im sorry if you guys are getting the wrong impression of me. i am not here to cause trouble or say rude things im just a pool player that is looking to have a change in surroundings for a couple of days. me and my friends always go out of town to other tournaments but its always the same places i was just looking for a new place to go to. i am also thinking of opening up my own pool room and i like to visit other pool rooms to get idea's for mine. sorry again for the mis-understanding. im not trying to be like those guys on playpool.com because they were a bunch of dumb kids or immature adults. i dont like trash talk or anything close to it so if thats what it sounded like then please accept my apology. and i am a member of southern billiards and check AZ all the time. just looking for something new.

sack316
06-23-2003, 02:08 PM
hey man, I'm live in Prattville which is right beside Montgomery. There are two good places to go in Montgomery, and there will be small tournaments tonight, tomorrow and wednesday. I am working at Bumpers tonight so if you come this way I'll be working the door. Otherwise just PM or email me and I'll fill ya in on whatever you may need as far as around here. I know its not a far trip for you, but at least its still somewhere different

Kato
06-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Didn't say you were. Like I said, I lurked playpool and know what's going on over there. Pull up a chair and stick around but our conversations are not dominated by the amount of action going on like playpool (in between insults).

I'm not taking you a fool, I'm sure you know the score. Just thought I'd ask ya to lower your cases before someone did it a little more meanly.

Kato~~~I come in peace /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

UGOTACTION
06-25-2003, 08:49 AM
THAT WOULD BE GREAT. BUT POEPLE IN MONTGOMERY KNOW ME AND MY GROUP OF FRIENDS. PLUS WE GO DOWN THERE PRETTY OFTEN. IS THERE ANYTHING IN PRATTVILLE? THAT MIGHT BE WORTH THE TRIP. NOT LOOKING FOR ANYTHING BIG JUST EITHER A GOOD TOURNAMENT IN A NICE POOLHALL OR JUST THE THRILL OF PLAYING SOMEONE I DONT KNOW. OR DONT HAVE A CLUE OF HOW GOOD THEY PLAY. THATS ALWAYS A RUSH. PLUS IT MAKES ME BARE DOWN AND PLAY HARD. ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sack316
06-25-2003, 10:26 AM
sorry my friend, nothing worth mentioning in Prattville, thats why half the business in Montgomery is people I know from Prattville /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimmy Mendoza
06-25-2003, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> You don't have to go anywhere, I have never been anyplace there was not action. All you need to do is play fair games and you can get all the action you want. <hr /></blockquote>

If only that were true.

eg8r
06-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Good luck in your pursuit of a decent game, however would you please NOT use all caps.

Thanks,

eg8r

Jimmy Mendoza
06-25-2003, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>That is where this clown is from. I'm not sure if I am alone, but I have noticed their presence here since they shut down their playground... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

And that is the problem with this board. Action and gambling are a big part of what goes on in the pool room (well, not in Arizona pool rooms, but in a lot of other places! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif). If anyone ever even hints on the subject on this board all the holier-than-thou's show up to critisize the person. Which is why a lot of the good players who come here and read some of the posts hardly ever post themselves. Talking about gambling doesn't have to be what it was on playpool.com. The only reason(s) it was out of hand like that was because 1) people could post anonymously, and 2) the board was not moderated.

cheesemouse
06-25-2003, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy Mendoza:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>That is where this clown is from. I'm not sure if I am alone, but I have noticed their presence here since they shut down their playground... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

And that is the problem with this board. Action and gambling are a big part of what goes on in the pool room (well, not in Arizona pool rooms, but in a lot of other places! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif). If anyone ever even hints on the subject on this board all the holier-than-thou's show up to critisize the person. Which is why a lot of the good players who come here and read some of the posts hardly ever post themselves. Talking about gambling doesn't have to be what it was on playpool.com. The only reason(s) it was out of hand like that was because 1) people could post anonymously, and 2) the board was not moderated. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifJimmy M,

I'm in your court, Jimmy, gambling is an intrical part of the pool scene. It can't be hidden from view and it shouldn't be hidden. If there is any one thing that the non-pool player identifies with in our sport is the romance of the gambling pool player...not the perfect gentlemen/&amp; ladies playing in tuxedoes.

The best players nearly all come through the ranks of the betting side of the game and that isn't going to change in any of our life times. Sure, it's easy for the dreamers to believe if they just keep the blinds down and never speak of the real pool scene maybe, just maybe some lilly white good guy corporate big wig will save pool by throwing big dollars at the game.....get real!!! I'm not saying that those idiots that were running loose on 'that other board' should be given free rein to take the bit and spread their bull everywhere but civil talk of real match ups by real pool players would be most interesting to read about here on the ccb....I'm with you Jimmy....don't hide it, ride it......

I think this Debra chick is a cop or something......

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Keith Talent
06-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Quote cheesemouse:

Judging by pix on her Web site, I might let her put the cuffs on me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As far as pool goes, you're right, money talks. The best stories I've read here have been about gambling ... or Greenleaf's drunken escapades.

Talk about making the game respectable is as boring as it gets. NOBODY will ever watch pool on TV, much less go to a tournament, who doesn't play the game at least half-seriously. So casual, twice-a-year bangers really don't count for anything, except to room owners, maybe.

bolo
06-25-2003, 03:35 PM
Locally you should not be looking to make money, you just want to play and as often as you can. Seems like everybody sits around looking for a lock and when someone comes around maybe from out of town wanting to play the locals get beat. I was being serious with the guy in what I said. You go on the road because for a change no one knows how you play and you can take advantage of that. Locally though you should match up fair and be in action constantly. One day you win a hundreds next day you lose a hundred it doesn't matter, playing is what matters, that's is the bottom line for a player, to play, otherwise what is the point. This applies to tournaments as well. If there is a tournament in your town, play, that is why you practice all those hours. In another thread someone said a guy who comes in second is a loser. That is completely wrong, the loser is the one on the side line watching who won't compete. I would rather come in last place and be in there playing then on the side lines. You know within reason, don't enter the US Open if you can't make a ball but you know what I mean. Someone is either or they are not and it is not completely based on how they play. Getting back to the guy who made the comment, for a guy who has never won anything it was a strange thing to say. I guess we know why he does not compete.

Jimmy Mendoza
06-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Who are you referring to that "doesn't compete"? I think I missed something here.

bolo
06-26-2003, 12:53 PM
A few days ago a guy posted about being happy about a second place finish. That creep Fast Larry called him a loser for being happy about it.

DebraLiStarr
06-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Quote cheesemouse:

Actually I am an accountant.

I have nothing against gambling or gamblers, just not 4 me.

There were clowns at playpool that used all caps exclusively, forgive me for noticing.

I don't date pool players.

Kato
06-26-2003, 02:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> I don't date pool players.
<hr /></blockquote>

I am completely devestated.

Kato~~~how about geographically undesirable pool players who aren't very good?

Jimmy Mendoza
06-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Blah. He's trying to sound like Gary Player (and Jack and Arnie) critisizing Phil M. for being happy about finishing 2nd in last year's U.S. Open.

Jimmy Mendoza
06-27-2003, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

Don't knock it 'till you try it, baby! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2003, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy Mendoza:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

Don't knock it 'till you try it, baby! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Yeah! Pool players are the best!!! Well, mostly because they're into the same thing you're into. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

UGOTACTION
06-27-2003, 03:28 PM
WOW.... i really didnt expect to get this kinda response... but i still havent heard anything about any good tourny's coming up. and as for the guy that said something about "if i was playing fair games i wouldnt have to leave town to find a decent game" as you stated in the same post " pool players always want a lock" yea... thats true... and how an i supposed to get a fair game when everyone i am playing wants the nuts? plus i havent been able to test myself. and to me the only way to truly test yourself is bye playing someone you dont know. because you dont know whether or not they can run racks, or are likely to miss a ball 2 inches from the hole. so you always are fully concentrated and giving it your all. and playing smart shots... not going for anything stupid cause you know the guy you are playing cant get out on you. and i dont know you. for all i know you could be a world champion or just a rail bird. and i dont mind what you said because its 90 percent accurate. but to me im only going to get better by playing better players. and i need to really test myself to see what im capable of. now no im not a world champ or anything like that but one day i will be. i just enjoy good action and i enjoy meeting new poeple and as i said before... i am thinking of opening a room of my own and i am putting together ideas from other rooms and other poeple to try to put together the perfect atmosphere for pool players. i dont care about winning money or loosing money. that means nothing to me. i do what i do for the adrenaline rush and for the experience. if you have ever went on the road and played someone that you dont know. or never heard of then you know exactly what i mean.

again i appologize if i upset anyone. but as the two guys that somewhat defended me said. "gambling is a huge part of the sport... "

Jimmy Mendoza
06-27-2003, 03:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy Mendoza:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

Don't knock it 'till you try it, baby! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Yeah! Pool players are the best!!! Well, mostly because they're into the same thing you're into. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, and you don't have to worry about them taking another girl home because, chances are, their broke ass will be living with YOU! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif