PDA

View Full Version : The Big Apple 9B Challenge VS. The upa

nAz
06-23-2003, 10:02 PM
I know this event is still going to happen but i was wondering if the upa found a way to torpedo the event. Will they try to keep out their members if there is no contract signed, if Earl plays?

The first time I spoke to the tourney director Alexandra I had asked her about the situation and she just shrugged her shoulders and said lets see that was about 2 months ago. The last time I asked her she said the same thing... that was last week but she did look more confident about it.

Anyway I can not see Pro Players from the NYC area staying of this event especially with 20K added to it. I still hope that some of the Asian players will show up since they will be in the area.

Nostroke
06-23-2003, 10:19 PM
The UPA site says they have signed contract with Alexadra. Im pretty sure you have to be UPA member to play and i guess that leaves Earl out unless he wants to rejoin and is allowed to.

nAz
06-23-2003, 10:42 PM
ok yes, I just read some of their bull Sh!t...

"8. This event is sanctioned by the United State Professional Pool Players Association (UPA). All tournament participants, with the exception of local amateur players, must be or become UPA members."

What about if your a WPA member, since they are listed as sanctioning the event i guess it would be ok for them to play.

Too bad i really wanted to See Earl play as well as the Asian players. Fu@king upa! That is not right at all. I believe in Karma, this Sh!t will come back to bite them in the ass.

pooltchr
06-24-2003, 06:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> ok yes, I just read some of their bull Sh!t...

Fu@king upa! That is not right at all. I believe in Karma, this Sh!t will come back to bite them in the ass.
<hr /></blockquote>

Why don't you tell us what you REALLY think! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ralph S.
06-24-2003, 06:49 AM
I dont know what nAz' speed is as a pool player, but he is definitely an A player when it comes to being direct with his thoughts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
06-24-2003, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I dont know what nAz' speed is as a pool player, but he is definitely an A player when it comes to being direct with his thoughts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

What difference does it matter what his speed is as a pool player? At least he is not afraid to speak up when he sees something is not right.

9 Ball Girl
06-24-2003, 08:21 AM
It's definitely going to happen. I went to see Tony Robles yesterday and he told me that he was playing in it and it's definitely on.

DEADSTOKE32
06-24-2003, 08:58 AM
Ok there go the whole thing. How can you tell some body who makes playing pool for a livein. For you to play in a event that you have to join the UPA .And now i see why pool "WILL NEVER GO NO WERE"&lt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif .The next thing you know you have to join some dum UPA fan club. Just to go watch.Sorry not me .I'll go back to handball before that happens. THE United Pecrkerhead assocition.And CW is getting richer and you poor people don't see it.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

nAz
06-24-2003, 01:08 PM
Yes I do tell it like it is /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif nAz~~ not scared of any man or midget, although midgets can be a little scary, just a little.

Seriously this is terrible news for me I was so happy about this event coming to NYC bringing with It Earl and others that i rarely see in person.

"Karma police, arrest this Boy/man
His Hitler hairdo is
Making me feel ill
And we have crashed his billiard party"

Maybe i should liten-up a little huh?

Ralph S.
06-24-2003, 01:47 PM
jjnfla. I think you misinterpreted what I was meaning. This was not a slam on Naz. It was merely some light hearted humor. Try re-reading it.