PDA

View Full Version : Speed Problems

GreenLion
06-23-2003, 10:42 PM
The Last few days ive been having some problems with speed control when using follow and draw to get position.I always seem to hit the CB to soft.Does anyone know any drills to get my speed back inline?I do fine with Center ball hits.

nAz
06-23-2003, 11:01 PM
I found this drill on another website and it has helped me...

This drill builds in a little speed control while learning to make a forward cut shot.
You can see the line pointing toward the upper left hand pocket in the diagram below. This line is the direction that the cue ball will go
after making contact with the object ball.

The key to this drill is to strike the cue ball in the center, with just enough speed to pocket the ball and NOT let the cue go into the pocket.

This speed control will help you develop a feel for the table along with improving your ability to cut the ball into a pocket.

Wei Not (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/9egg/)

START(
%AN8O5%Dg4D6%Fg5F7%GK7^0%Hi5H8%Og5H8%P[1T7%Rb5E7%Sd5E7%WB9C2
%XN4O0%[O9P5%\Z3T5%]H0V9%^O1P3
)END

Or you can try this one too...
set up the balls as shown and practice fallowing the cue ball up to point D, works for draw shots too. Good luck!

START(
%AU2Z3%Dg4D6%Fg5F7%Hi5H8%JP4_1%Og5H8%Pa3Z6%Q`5\6%R b5E7%Sd5E7
%TN4\3%WB9C2%XB0B3%]B7\2%^B5[9%eB5`1%_O7Z5%`U7Z4%a`2Z4
)END

Scott Lee
06-23-2003, 11:39 PM
GreenLion...Yes...See you in two weeks! LOL

Scott Lee

GreenLion
06-24-2003, 01:33 AM
Im looking very forward to it Scott Lee.See ya then!

06-24-2003, 10:08 AM
GreenLion, Scott will definitely fix you up. He worked with me for 11 (!) hours yesterday! Needless to say, I'm exhausted, but he gave me so much to work on and identified a crucial flaw in my shot setup that has been inhibiting my follow-through and causing my use of speed and cueball action to be far less effective than it could have been. It'll take me a while to adjust to this fundamental change, but when I concentrated and forced myself to use the new technique, I had no trouble with near 8' draw shots with little more than a lag-speed stroke (what Scott calls a medium speed stroke, which for me was a "soft" stroke before)! Unfortunately, 25 years of bad habits are hard to break, so it's going to take some serious practice to rebuild my muscle memory, but I know from yesterday's workout that it will all be worth the effort and my game will improve greatly.

Scott's a great instructor, and I recommend him to ANYBODY, now matter how well you play (or think you can play). /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cycopath
06-24-2003, 10:57 AM
I know exactly what you are saying David. After so many years of using an incorrect stroke it's gonna take some time to get use to my "new and improved" Scott Lee certified stroke.