PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal

GreenLion
06-24-2003, 01:40 AM
Is there anyone here thats interested in Paranormal Investigations?Also has anyone ever encountered something they could not explain?
This is a subject that interests me very much,so i was just curios if anyone had the same interests.

Kato
06-24-2003, 08:26 AM
I thought I was so I subscribed to a news letter. Turns out I'm not that interested and that news letter received a very low priority to the point of no longer reading it.

Kato~~~did watch a little UFO stuff on Sci-Fi the other night. Russian KGB hiding aliens. Damn them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
06-24-2003, 08:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GreenLion:</font><hr> Is there anyone here thats interested in Paranormal Investigations?Also has anyone ever encountered something they could not explain?
This is a subject that interests me very much,so i was just curios if anyone had the same interests. <hr /></blockquote>

Used to interest me quite a bit and got into it a bit in my younger years. To me, now, dont really dismiss anything as impossible. Just no biggie to me anymore and i rarely discuss it with anyone. Nobody believes you anyway, so why bother? And trying to explain yourself and your experiences and people think you are crazy, making it up or filled with the devil does get old.

Still like the xfiles and stargate and all of the scifi stuff tho.

BW

Fred Agnir
06-24-2003, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GreenLion:</font><hr> Is there anyone here thats interested in Paranormal Investigations?Also has anyone ever encountered something they could not explain?
This is a subject that interests me very much,so i was just curios if anyone had the same interests. <hr /></blockquote>Well, ... I was a big X-Files fan. But, then again, it might have been because a beautiful redhead co-starred.

Fred &lt;~~~ redhead fan

dg-in-centralpa
06-24-2003, 03:10 PM
I was interested for many years and gave up because of the gov't. But started getting back into it again. I've had things happen in my youth that are unexplainable, but the only ones who would believe are my parents because they saw what happened afterwards. Roswell - I say yes. The house I lived in as a kid was haunted, not by bad ghosts but enough to let you know of there presence. These are stories for another day another time.

DG - who never got into X Files

bluewolf
06-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Yup. Weird stuff happens, that is for sure. Much of it is not explainable and if I tried to explain it, I am sure I would guess wrong

Wally_in_Cincy
06-25-2003, 06:26 AM
I've had strange things happen but nothing major. But I have 3 stories from people I trust:

1. My dad worked on the railroad for 30 years. His brother was shot dead by a guy named George in 1977. One night my dad woke up in a cold sweat after dreaming about a train wreck in which George had been killed. The next morning my dad got a call. George had died in prison the night before.

2. My uncle died in 1983. He came to another uncle in a dream the night he died to say goodbye.

3. Good friend of mine had a sister named Jay. Jay died of melanoma at age 45. About 15 minutes after she died she apparently visited her favorite niece (about 6 years old). The niece came out of her bedroom, woke up her parents, and said "Aunt Jay was in my bedroom. She said she couldn't stay long."

bluewolf
06-25-2003, 07:37 AM
I have had experiences. There are a few things I have concluded after decades of these and talking to others:

Some things like dreams appear to be paranormal when they are our subconscious mind telling us things.

Where do you draw the line between paranormal and strong intuition?

Some things like dreams, even the paranormal ones are symbolic, sometimes literal. How does a person know?

Some people are better at telling what their dreams mean than others and it is difficult if not impossible to interpret the dreams of others.It is also possible to be wrong.

Some expereinces relate to past, present or future events. It is not only hard to tell but if it is about a future event, the timing is often very fuzzy.

There are other observations too, these are just a few. I learned over the years, when having experiences to say 'ok that is kool', file it somewhere in my brain. If it makes sense later, fine. Sometimes it never does.

Everyone of us has that gut sense. Some seem stronger in this area than others. It can also be developed. It is that gut instinct or what most call intuition, that I have grown to rely on and believe over any unusual experiences I have ever had.

Sometimes intuition seems more accurate than apparent facts although it is best if possible to have data to support it. Sometimes when it is impossible to know all of the facts in a certain situation, IMo, it is best to go with that gut instinct. When I have not followed mine, things have either resulted in bad stuff or was eventually revealed that the gut was correct.

I used to be into all that woowoo stuff too and it can be a lot of fun to talk about, but I became pretty basic really. Try to get the facts but trust my gut.

bw

Kato
06-25-2003, 08:41 AM
I've never been visited by an alien and I don't know anyone personally ever visited. However, Sci-Fi Channel is really turning up the heat on ET's right now so watch and learn. Last night was on Roswell but I was busy watching the Marlin's pound on the Met's. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Fred Agnir
06-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Other than the poltergeist that's been following me around all of my life, by bouts with ESP, visits from the dead, my psychic Aunt, the one UFO when I was twelve, no, I can't say that I've had anything paranormal happen to me.

Fred &lt;~~~ feeling it

Popcorn
06-25-2003, 09:36 AM
I haven't posted in a while but I read the board sometimes when I have a chance. I found your post of interest and thought I would make a post. I don't have a particular interested in such things but I do have some personal experience with it. First I never believed in God or life after death, reincarnation or any of that silliness, so I am the last one to believe or be telling this story but here it is. I live in one of the oldest homes in my town. I have lived here off and on since I was six years old and eventually inherited it. Let me say first, I have never seen or heard anything personally. My property is large by most local standards with several free standing buildings on it. A large main house with guest quarters, a small guest cottage that was servants quarters for past owners and a two story building on the back of the property built in the 1930s that has never been finished downstairs although there is a very nice apartment upstairs. I use the downstairs as a workshop. Most of the occurrences revolve around the same story, a young woman who walks the property at night. I say most because there are other things that have happened here besides this story. This is not an every day happening mind you, the people who have seen her don't know of the stories and the stories are often decades apart. The most recent was in 1998. I don't often rent the units out because I don't like people around my property. I own other rentals around town, but I don't usually rent these out. I had a guy staying in the back building upstairs. He was from England and here for a few months to go to an art school near me. He was recommended by a friend and I agreed to let him stay there for a small rent, he did not have much money. One day he asked me who the women was in the yard at night, he said he saw her two nights in a row. He said at first he thought he may have been seeing things because she did not move, when he looked a few minutes later she was gone but when he saw her the next night he watched her. He said she went around the side of the house and he did not see her again He thought he should tell me in case something was stolen or something. I asked him where he saw her, he told me near the side of the main house same place both times. I told him there was no other people here just my wife and I. I should add, my property is completely fenced in with a 6 1/2 foot wood fence and gates with motion detectors that turn on bright lights if someone is around. Where he said she was, would have set off bright lights, but none came on. I had not thought about the women in years. the last time someone had seen her was also a tenant about ten years earlier, same story same place, same description. Before that it was the 1960s and I was not living there but My mother who was alive at the time and living there told me one day on the phone a tenant had seen the woman. Others may have seen her, but may not have thought much about it, I don't know, but when someone mentioned her, the stories are always the same. My father had been told the story about the young woman by the family he originally bought the property from in 1955. Now we move ahead to 2001 and my wife is having a yard sale in front of the house. A women stops and in the course of looking at the junk tells my wife she lived here when she was a child. She said her mother worked for the owners and they lived in a little building in the back. When my wife took her around the back, she could not believe it was still there almost unchanged from what she remembered. She said she remembered when they built the two story building in the back. She then told my wife an interesting story. She said the owner of the property had a daughter and the building was built for her and her husband to be, but the marriage did not happen. It was not long before they found out she was pregnant and they finished the upstairs for her to live. The owner was a doctor and took care of her but they kept the pregnancy secret. She was living upstairs when she went into labor. She died in child birth and the baby died a short time later. The whole thing was kept a secret and she was cremated but there was nothing said about the baby. She told my wife she always thought the baby was buried somewhere around on the property. Since it was farm land at the time, it would not be hard to hide a small grave. A few years later the father committed suicide also in the upstairs apartment. That is the story as best as best I can tell it. Whether one has anything to do with the other I can't say, only that it is true.

Fran Crimi
06-25-2003, 11:58 AM
That's a great story. Corner Billiards in NY has a resident ghost. I usually go there early before opening to practice in the quiet and one time a cleaning person was still there but was playing a boom-box REALLY loud, I mean, ear-deafening loud. I asked her why she had the volume so loud and she said she didn't want to hear the ghost. She said he hangs around the back area of the room, between the bathrooms and the cafe and he walks past her when she's cleaning and says hello. He's an older man with a top hat, tails and spats. I hear him sometimes, opening and closing the men's room door when I'm there alone practicing. I'd go over to take a look and nothing's there.

Here's the funny part: One day I was sitting in the cafe area and an elderly tourist couple walked in with their guide book, looking confused. I asked if I could help and they said they were looking for a particular address that should be right where the cafe entrance is but it's no longer there. I looked at their book and sure enough, it was an old book, about 25 years old, about as old as the building, and it showed the location of Irving Berlin's house, right about in the area between the bathrooms and the cafe.

Fran

06-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Popcorn sighting!

Glad to see you back, man, some of us were worried about ya!

Oh, and that was a great story by the way... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
06-25-2003, 07:58 PM
As a young teenager, in the early 70's, my grandmother was going to have open heart surgery. I had a dream that my grandmother had died. I mentioned this to my mother who didn't give it a second thought. Sure enough my grandmother died the following week. Later in June of 1972, I had a dream that our town experienced a flood, with overturned cars, houses with water in the first floor, etc. We've been having a lot of rain, but our town never experienced a flood. Later that week, the outer edge of Hurricane Agnes hit us and our town was flooded. Streets were impassible, people being rescued by boats where there is no stream, creek,or river anywhere close. I would often go places and know what was going to happen. I had the feeling I was there before. Deja Vu? Who knows.
The house I lived in as a child was haunted. We moved there in 1968. The elderly woman who lived there was a devout Catholic and ate fish every Friday, as was the custom at the time. When this woman died, we smelled fish in one of the upstairs bedrooms where she always ate her meals. That was the only room in the house that smelled that way. My father stripped the paint off the walls, and repainted to no avail. He ripped up the carpet and sanded the floors, sealed them, and put new carpet down. Again to no avail. Eventually this stopped.
We would leave the house to go shopping, and we would come home to find lights on, cabinet doors open, dished setting in the middle of the floor. Nothing destructive.
I took a picture of my brother sitting on our sofa. No big deal except that his foot is missing. He's sitting normal with his legs down but where his foot would be, there is no white mark from a scuff on the negative. It's as if you are looking through his foot. The carpet is there where it shouldn't be.
I own a rental property that is supposed to be haunted. Apparently many decades ago, someone committed suiced in the building. I never heard anything unusual. One of my previous tenants was in bed late one evening and heard someone walking down the hall. He watched his bedroom door to see who was up walking. The footsteps went past the door and kept going. He didn't see anybody. He went to the door and looked around and saw no one. He went to check on his kids who were sound asleep as was his wife.

DG - thinks there is more to this than science can explain

GreenLion
06-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Those are all good stories.Im thinking of starting my own investigations along with some friends.This will have to be on my days off cuase i spend most of my time playing Pocket Billiards when i get off work.Im very curios on what i might come in contact with during these investigations.I have a story that someone at work told me.
When she was very young her Aunt passed away.During the funeral she went to be by herself and this lady came up to her and said that she was a good friend of her Aunt and her aunt was in heaven and very happy there.Being upset about her aunt she just walked away crying.2 yrs later her parents were looking at her aunts pictures in a photo album.She came to look at the pictures with her parents and saw what her aunt looked like in her senior yr of highschool.It shocked her cuase the lady that came to her during the funeral looked exactly like her Aunt when she was in highschool.Also in the same dress.When she told her parents about it they never believed her.Being as young as she was she did not notice that the dress the lady was wearing was out of style.

Rod
06-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Wow some good stories. When I was a kid living in flat land Kansas we would see lights above the horizon at night. Usually early in the evening but not always. Two lights, red and green. Keep in mind there was no tall towers of any kind nor a near by town. Well there was a town in the other direction, population 296. Dad, Mom and my Brother and I all saw them together. This happened over the course of two or three months then they never appeared again. My Brother just asked me this year about those lights. We will never know.

I think one thing that sticks out in my mind is spiritual photography. I was told that was the name. I don't remember the process but it's holding film in some way near in the center of your body. My girlfriend, her Mother and I did that one night. Her Mother was into that stuff.I could not believe the images that appeared. Sorry I can't define it better but there was some fairly clear faces in those pictures. Very strange.

Rod

highsea
06-25-2003, 11:08 PM
I am not the least bit superstitious, but this thread reminded me of something that happened back when I was in college.

The father of one of the guys in my dorm had a large sailboat on Puget Sound. One spring break 6 of us took it for a weeklong sailing trip in the San Juan Islands.

One of the guys, Dave, had his camera with him and took lots of pictures of the trip. We were on this one little island, I cannot recall which one, and Dave was taking some group pictures in an old cemetary. The pictures were of 5 of us standing together, because Dave was taking the pictures.

When we got back to school, Dave sent the pictures in to be developed. When the prints came back, the pictures Dave took were all there, but there was one additional picture on the film. This picture was a behind view of the group of us, showing our backsides, and you could see Dave standing in front of us holding his camera. It was slightly out of focus, but you could make everyone out clearly. The angle of the shot was from ground level about 15 or 20 feet behind the group. We were never able to explain how this picture got on that roll of film.

-CM

GreenLion
06-26-2003, 12:01 AM
What were the weather conditions when you saw these lights?Im wondering if the lights from that town in the other direction where somehow reflected to that area of the sky.Certain conditions can play tricks on you.Just an idea.

Popcorn
06-26-2003, 12:40 AM
The thing is, it is not a story I am telling the truth. I will tell you another chapter. Around 1987 I was in the house and heard a bunch of noise in my yard. I went out and there was an ambulance in my driveway. It was over heating and they were rushing a man to the hospital. He was in cardiac arrest. They were originally taking him to the airport for a trip home he had gotten sick on vacation and wanted to go back to Canada I guess because on the medical cost. Anyway his wife was in the ambulance with him. She asked if she could use my phone so I let her in. I stayed in the yard and one of the guys in the ambulance crew asked me if I could occupy the wife he said the guy was about gone but they would continue to work on him till another ambulance came to take him to the hospital but the guy he thought had no chance. The other ambulance got there and off they went. She left a number for me to keep trying for her, she could not get hold of the people she was trying to call. I did get them and gave them the information on what had happened and told them they were at the hospital. About a week later my doorbell rang and it was the wife. She wanted to thank me and told me he was going to be all right. I was surprised based on what I had been told, he made it sound like he was already dead at the time. This is what the wife told me, she said when her husband was able to talk he spoke about there being an angel with him telling him it was going to be all right. He said it was a young woman and she stayed with him all the way to the hospital telling him not to be afraid. At the hospital she was just gone. This is what happened and this is what she told me. Since I wrote the post last night my wife and I were talking about it today. We both feel we would never sell this house, we actually feel safe and secure here, like it has good karma or something. It ended up being an all day discussion how much we love this house.

Rod
06-26-2003, 01:16 AM
Near perfect conditions most times we saw the lights. No that other town 5 miles away didn't even have street lights. If you went through there at night it was near dark. This was flat land farm country and everyone knew everybody and we would know if anything was new or different. Funny thing now that I think about it, I don't remember if any of our neighbors ever talked about those lights. To many years ago. LOL

Rod

GreenLion
06-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Boy i dont know then.Did these lights move around??