PDA

View Full Version : Mental Sharking-long

bluewolf
06-24-2003, 12:05 PM
My safety training started when I first picked up a cue. I was taught 'legitamate safes'. At some point, it took off on a life of its own.

Some players are what I call 'unflappable'. They just do not fold no matter what you throw at them or how far behind they are.

My safety play, if you want to call it that, went to a weird level. And I am talking about beating better players, sometimes players 3 skill levels ahead of me, by getting inside of their heads and messing with them so bad, they started making mistakes they almost never make and playing bad. At other times, it was somebody my level and I was having a bad night. One of those kind of nights I could not hit my gramma if she was two feet in front of me. She was the better player that night. These people skill levels ahead of me were much better players than me. And I was beating them. I did not beat the unflappable ones which kept my skill level where it was. I was not waiting, either, until the other player was ahead, I was doing this stuff right out the gate.

When I described all of this to Fast Larry, he said what I was doing was 'mental sharking'. Now I have been playing pool for a very short time and have a long way to go to be 'decent' but I know that sharking is wrong. It was not what I did when they were shooting, it was what I did when I was shooting that had this effect.Some of this stuff was not even a safe. It was anything I could do with my balls ,their balls, the cueball to screw up their heads. It did not matter if it gave them one or two easy pots as long as it did not give them a runout. All that mattered was that it messed up their minds.

I did not really talk to anybody about this til now and if I did mention this, they just laughed like it was funny.Now I think lots of things are funny but all of a sudden after FL used the words 'mental sharking', it was not funny anymore.And if this was wrong, it had to stop. I decided playing fair, the best player wins is more important than climbing up the APA ladder. I decided it was better to lose than to be a shark.

Unfortunately, where I was winning a lot, I am now in a state of confusion about what is fair and what is not. So I just quit playing safe for the most part because now do not really know what is right.

Now I am losing more but I at least know I am not doing anything unethical. It is now quite literally, the best shooter that night wins.I have been asked why I am not playing those safes anymore and do not have a good answer.

I guess I would like a little feedback because I have not played pool long enough to know the answer. All I know is how my gut twisted when I heard those words.

This is real serious to me. I would rather be an sl2 for the rest of my life than to be a shark.

Laura

Kato
06-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Sharking? As long as you make a legal hit I can't see it as sharking. Boring? Absolutely. There are times to play safe and time to shoot. With experience you'll learn when or maybe you won't. But most people would agree that playing a safety just to play a safety is a silly way to play.

I'm not sure why FL would consider that sharking? Have you asked him? Maybe you misunderstood or maybe he meant it. I'd be interested in seeing his opinion or anyone else that thinks that way for that matter.

Kato

bluewolf
06-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Wally,

If you were on the outside looking in, you might think it was just something a dumb sl2 would do. It did not look illegal and often did not look like a safe and believe me, you can do this in 9 ball too(not quite as easily though) as long as we are not talking about a runout player.It was the intent and so many of them folded in confusion and I had done this to them on purpose.

WW knew what I was doing, I think, but I have a conscience that kills me everytime. My standards are just more important than winning and the thought I was cheating just to win once it dawned on me threw me into a tailspin.

Laura

Kato
06-24-2003, 01:54 PM
Laura, is this directed at Wally or me? I don't think I wrote anything with the word "dumb" in it. Just answered a question honestly. If I'm reading this wrong I'm sorry.

Kato~~~still don't think it's cheating but wouldn't want to play against that style as it would be completely unenjoyable.

bluewolf
06-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Sorry, kato,

Knowing I had no chance to beat this person in a shootout, throwing any weird thing I could think of, even hit their balls when I could hit mine just to mix them up,and even weirer stuff since it was made up as I went and knowing the player that they could not run and what balls they could pot, being a bad shooter but a good sizer up, with the only purpose to get them confused, to get them to play bad, get them off pace, just about anything devious to win, that is not wrong?

Using my edge, an uncanny intuition when face to face, something many people dont have, being able to read them so well that I knew who would fold, who would not and often how to get them to fold, is not that unfair?

It was like using something besides pool to win pool. My gut told me FL was right and what I was doing was very bad and where I was winning most of my matches, since then cannot hit a ball hardly, my conscience is killing me so bad.

Maybe people play pool this way, those with that intuition stuff and I just do not know this. Just dont want to shark or to be not fair. IMO, the best shooter should win.

Laura

bluewolf
06-24-2003, 02:07 PM
kato,

i said dumb not you because lots of people think that about twos

Kato
06-24-2003, 02:14 PM
I'm not saying it doesn't suck to play that way, I think it does. What I'm saying is that it's not against the rules to lay down a safe whenever you see fit as long as you hit your object ball first.

As far as your mental dominance over someone goes. If you have a gift to defeat somebody mentally then by all means use it. If you have an opponent who can't handle some mental warfare even though they know they are the superior shooter then they need to take a look at their game (or brain). There are little things that can be done to shark me here and there.

I guess I'm not reading this right but if you're being respectful and not breaking any rules you aren't sharking.

Kato~~~doesn't know if Wally agree's with me.

teen1216
06-24-2003, 02:24 PM
Well, you say you think the best shooter should win. I disagree. I think the best player should win. Playing a friend before, he was hot, and I wasn't shooting lights out. So if I didn't have a table I loved, I played a safe, or at least tried to. He got tired of it a little bit and shot quicker etc. That gave me a much better chance of winning. Do I think I was sharking? No, I think I was slowing down the pace of play to give me the advantage. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Kato
06-24-2003, 02:27 PM
I understand more betterer now. Thank you.

Kato

Kato
06-24-2003, 02:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote teen1216:</font><hr> Well, you say you think the best shooter should win. I disagree. I think the best player should win. <hr /></blockquote>

I said that? Really?

Kato

teen1216
06-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Excuse me, no I meant that bluewolf said that.

9 Ball Girl
06-24-2003, 02:58 PM
I agree with Kato where if you see the need to play safety, then by all means do it! But to constantly do it to your opponent would be completely unenjoyable. When I played in the APA I played against a 2 and she did just that. She didn't get to me mentally, after all, only I can allow the person to get to me, but anyway, I wasn't even playing the game anymore. I found myself having to find a way to kick or just barely tap my balls so that she couldn't get the BIH. Now mind you, it's not like the spread of her balls on the table was difficult to play but she wanted to win. I later told my captain not to ever put me up against any 2s or 3s. I was so pissed!

cycopath
06-24-2003, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>i said dumb not you because lots of people think that about twos <hr /></blockquote>My wife is a kick ass SL2. She beat the pants off a SL5 at City Cup last week. And the league operator knocked her up to a SL3 immediately.

Rod
06-24-2003, 03:55 PM
How to influence people and make friends. Well I can't imagine you do much of either if that is how you were playing your games. To me that would be as much fun as watching paint dry, I'd prefer watching the paint. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Think about your team and the other team watching this long drawn out ordeal. I know many must have been bored to tears.

Play safe when you can't make a ball or improve your position. You can hit the other persons ball first, thats ok to if it is your only option. They just get BIH. I'll tell you, you were not doing your game any favors. You practice and apply what you know on the table, not bunt the balls around just to make a long boring game. That only works with certain players anyway. I'd be a 7 playing APA 8 ball. Just for drill I could tie you up in knots and have you kicking at everything. You wouldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. But why, pool is offense unless you need to play defense. If your afraid to take a shot just admit it to yourself and work on your weakness. You have to shoot sometime and playing safe just to do so will never improve your game.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I would like a little feedback because I have not played pool long enough to know the answer. All I know is how my gut twisted when I heard those words.
<hr /></blockquote>

You have played long enough to know the difference. You really did not need to ask this question, you have most of the answers and you well know it. Just more mental stuff to add to the confusion. Use that mental side and learn how play the game, not play around at the game or make a long boring night of it for other people.

Rod

bolo
06-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Your concerns are not valid. The way you are playing (a lot of safe) will only produce results against very weak players. The better players don't care about all your safes. They may even regard it as a weakness and your level of play will not improve much if you depend on the other player making mistakes for you to win. If you continue to play like that, I can promise you, you will not improve much and will not be able to play higher level players. Don't play stupid but you do have to play the game to be any kind of player. I hope this makes sense to you, I feel I am right. At some point you have to be able to take control of the table and run out, not tit for tat in a 20 inning game. In short you are saying you don't know how to play so you do the only thing you can think of. You are destin to stay forever a beginner with this kind of thinking. Sorry to say that but it is true.

JPB
06-24-2003, 05:09 PM
First, you did nothing wrong. Sharking is doing stuff other than shooting to deliberately bother your opponent. Second, I suggest you find players who crack at the pressure your excessive safety play puts on them. Get a spot. Play them for money. Win. Why? Because you need a big dose of competitiveness. It is good you have the instict to play tough, but you then crack at one little comment larry made and get all insecure about playing safe. You would be an easy player to shark unethically with this kind of attitude. To play pool well you need to be willing to beat your mother out of her last dollar and let her starve to death on the street. Well, that's an exaggeration. But even if you only want to play tournaments or leagues instead of the cash, you need to compete hard. Don't apologize. You can be sportsmanlike and compete hard. You can be friendly and not engage in sharking and still play hard. But you seem a little uncomfortable with having a competitive edge to you. Don't feel guilty.

bolo
06-24-2003, 05:31 PM
It is just a silly style of play that works on very weak players and not worth cultivating. The only loser with that kind of play will be her, she will never learn to play. It yelds short term results against weak players but is of little real value in the long run.

JPB
06-24-2003, 06:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> It is just a silly style of play that works on very weak players and not worth cultivating. The only loser with that kind of play will be her, she will never learn to play. It yelds short term results against weak players but is of little real value in the long run. <hr /></blockquote>

I tend to agree. I don't think you learn a lot trying to use safeties constantly to eke out wins against weak players in a league. However, assuming eventual improvement in skills over time, it will matter if she isn't comfortable competing. The shooting skills will be meaningless if she is uncomfortable competing, at least assuming she wants to compete and not just play alone for fun.

bluewolf
06-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Everybody makes good points. I just have this horrible conscience, I wanted to be sure I was not being unethical. I have hardly played any safe this session. Since i was not sure if what I was doing was nice, I just dropped out of safety play almost all the way and whoever shoots best wins.

May be it is that pendulum thing.
Now playing offense,not playing good defense. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Glad to see you added something to your profile.

Laura

silverbullet
06-24-2003, 09:58 PM
You gave a very good post.

I am silverbullet. Even though i speak for Bluewolf sometimes, sometimes Bluewolf has a hard time getting across what she really means.

I am a boy who is in a wheelchair due to the accident. My uncle built me a really fast one and it was called the 'silverbullet'. One time I saw too much and was almost killed by a thing that was much stronger than me and plus whis thing could walk.

I think that Bluewolf sometimes sees too much and thinks too much. I think that sometimes things she sees are confusing due to her designated skill level and does not know why this happens. I saw too much once and it got me into a lot of trouble.

I think that many people have been trying to help but that Bluewolf did a bad job of saying what she meant.

Playing safe the whole game is very boring, even to her. I do not think that is what she was talking about. I think she wanted to know if she was doing something else wrong. I am not sure, but that is what I think.

Sorry for jumping in but i think that she has a hard time getting across what she really means.

Sometimes trying to explain one self does not work too well.

SB

Vapros
06-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Holy mackerel!! Bluewolf posts and Silverbullet responds! I don't think I understand all I know about this. This is spooky . . . .

Where is that guy from the laughing academy?

eg8r
06-24-2003, 10:44 PM
Why are you playing games now?

eg8r

eg8r
06-24-2003, 10:45 PM
For some reason Laura is playing games.

eg8r

bolo
06-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Why does it have to all or nothing? Just play the game right, do what is needed at the time and that's it. Are you saying now you never play safe even when you should? Trust me, you are not doing anything wrong to anybody other then making yourself unpleasant to play with and destroying your own progress. Even the ones it seems to work on now will become immune to it in short time.

bluewolf
06-25-2003, 05:29 AM
Vapros and others,

To those who do not know me well or have forgotten: I have my own pool table, on which I try to practice everyday. I only practice potting on that table,and cb speed control.I do not practice safes. I am getting better at potting.There is no point in practicing safes. I want balance, not to be more lopsided.

I know that a game of safes is very boring. We already had that discussion here and also that nobody wants to play a safety only player. It can also a trap.We have a sl5 who is up to be bumped at review for mental sharking, worse is he than I ever thought of being.

The question I had was not whether playing safe was bad but about whether the way I had done it was not right.

Of course I want to win. Of course I am competitive: i would not be competing otherwise. maybe too competitive, which is why I focus mostly on fundamentals like stroke, not popping up, alignment etc in my pratice, to not freak out if I miss a ball, a hard shot.

Maybe some did not get what I was trying to ask.That is okay. I put myself out there, knowing this might happen. Was I setting myself up? Maybe, but I made that choice in hopes that someone on here would understand what I was asking about.I had already decided to play offense this session for two reasons, balance in my game,and to be fair if I was not being fair.

Thanks,

bw

ps-sorry about sb. sb is childlike, a 12 year old. I was up late, goofy, potting balls and got on here, not thinking like an adult.Sorry if somebody got offended.

pooltchr
06-25-2003, 06:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> When I played in the APA I played against a 2 and she did just that. She didn't get to me mentally, after all, only I can allow the person to get to me, but anyway, I wasn't even playing the game anymore. I found myself having to find a way to kick or just barely tap my balls so that she couldn't get the BIH. Now mind you, it's not like the spread of her balls on the table was difficult to play but she wanted to win. I later told my captain not to ever put me up against any 2s or 3s. I was so pissed! <hr /></blockquote>

The most difficult matches I have played in APA are against the lowest sl players. Because of the handicap (I play APA 9-ball) they only need a few balls to win. Every shot has to be both offensive and defensive. Match me up with a 6 or 7 ANY day!!!!!

Kato
06-25-2003, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Match me up with a 6 or 7 ANY day!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

A-freakin'-MEN

Kato

06-25-2003, 06:24 AM
I was taught sharking of any kind is un lady like and should not be done. If the guy you are playing is sharking you, it is best just to ignore his tactics and not respond in kind.

NBC-BOB
06-25-2003, 06:27 AM
I don't think, what your doing is wrong.As long as your not doing anything to distract the other player, when it's his turn to shoot.Over the year's I've played people that had a style of play that I find annoying.However I alway's thought it was really my problem, and not there's, as long as there conduct was proper.Also if I play someone who I think,doesn't conduct themselves properly I will not play that person anymore.One guy I use to play would start yelling and throwing his stick across the room If I ran a rack on him or he missed an easy shot.Pool is a very mental game and since the game your playing involves lots of safeties it's ok to play your game.There have been some great players over the years, that had a great mental game.
Mosconi said that Irving Crane, never took chances and would just keep the safeties coming and wouldn't play a risky shot if he was playing his mother.

bluewolf
06-25-2003, 07:14 AM
Thanks. We have a small league.Many people in the league have know each other for a long time. When I am not playing, I am watching. I watch their potting skills and shape and strategy and preferred pace and also if they fold if taken off pace. I watch what shots they are good at and what shots they are not good at, regardless of skill level.Not only do I learn, but if I play that person at some point, I know how that they tick to some degree.

Unless a person is a real great player, sometimes you do not have a good shot, nor an iron clad safety. In those cases, since I have already watched them, I try, to the best of my ability, to do a legal hit and leave them the shots they are bad at at the same time.

I have at times hit their balls too if I did not have a good hit and if I could give them a mess that they have to use their bih to clean up, removing the bih advantage, to the best of my ability, of course.

If the person likes to play fast, I try to slow down the pace. Not a long game, but somewhat. Sometimes just slowing down the pace a little frustrates a mediocre player-like not a sl7 for instance. Sometimes if what you do is a little confusing, and this makes the person think too much, this can hurt their game.

Sometimes it has not just been a matter of playing a lot of safes but of getting them out of rhythm, just enough, not a lot.

But like I said, I am trying to do more offense. My karate instructor said 'the best defense is a good offense'. I think that this is true in many cases.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-25-2003, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> How to influence people and make friends. Well I can't imagine you do much of either if that is how you were playing your games. To me that would be as much fun as watching paint dry,

<font color="blue">Or watching one pocket /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I know APA players who play like this. Fortunately it's rare. If it were more common I absolutely would not play in the league. Simple as that.</font color>

.....You really did not need to ask this question, you have most of the answers and you well know it. Just more mental stuff to add to the confusion. ....

<font color="blue">Surely you're not surprised /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have this mental image of bluewolf at the keyboard with her left hand trying to hold back her right hand....

must...post...to...CCB...

must...post...to...CCB...
</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
06-25-2003, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ps-sorry about sb. sb is childlike, a 12 year old. I was up late, goofy, potting balls and got on here, not thinking like an adult.Sorry if somebody got offended.
<hr /></blockquote> I really do not think anyone got offended. It was childish sure. Sort of the like the annoying way FL would post like he is the dog.

eg8r

mickey2
06-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Is playing safe unethical:
Imo no

Is it clever to play safe to ‘mentaly disturb’ the opponent:
Imo no. There might be the rare case, but in general this is a bad choice.

My feeling is that you make some wrong assumptions for some reasons:
a) You are talking about winning against a stronger opponent but in reality you did not win. Playing without a handicap might change your perception of the game strongly.
b) Wrong estimation of risk
'do a legal hit and leave them the shots they are bad at at the same time'
This is imo a sign for a wrong perception of risk. Seasoned players, even with low technical skills, will find a way to improve their situation or win the game. You also never know weather they will make a low percentage shot or not. It is very risky strategy to bet that a player will not make a shot.

'If the person likes to play fast, I try to slow down the pace.'
Do you mean you play more safeties or do you take more time for every shot?
Personally I only know very few people who can change their rhythm without loosing some of their game, if you are one of them you are a lucky one!
Since my natural rhythm is rather slow I have no need to slow it down /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Once one of my opponents said that, if I run 20 balls in straight one has the feeling, that I have been on the table for 100.

Just my opinion,
Mickey2

eg8r
06-25-2003, 08:22 AM
This whole thread seems crazy to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif This is just another display of Bluewolf screwing with her game. I am slowly beginning to understand that BW is probably not ever going to move to the next level. Her mind keeps getting in the way. She might possibly be an sl2 lifer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BW, try this. Go to the table and quit thinking and just play pool. Whether you think this is some video playing in your head or you only see the game in pictures, who cares. Just play and quit worrying about what you might be doing to the other players head.

eg8r

Qtec
06-25-2003, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The most difficult matches I have played in APA are against the lowest sl players. Because of the handicap (I play APA 9-ball) they only need a few balls to win. Every shot has to be both offensive and defensive. Match me up with a 6 or 7 ANY day<hr /></blockquote>

I often hear sl2 etc , can anybody tell me how this handicap system works ?

Qtec

hadenball
06-25-2003, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Match me up with a 6 or 7 ANY day!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

A-freakin'-MEN

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

I also told my captain not to put me against a 2 again. I have a problem playing safe even when I need to, I'd rather go for it . I have no problems with someone playing safe when warranted but just to tie up your balls and do it constantly. We used to have a name for that kind of play and it was chicken $*** pool. Sorry BW don't mean to be nasty but everyone I know would feel the same way.

bluewolf
06-25-2003, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> This whole thread seems crazy to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am slowly beginning to understand that BW is probably not ever going to move to the next level.
eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

You understand nothing. Come into my house tomorrow, shoot off both my hands and legs, and you might just be right, and this is the only way you would be right /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Nothing more to say. Got not what I hoped but what I expected. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-25-2003, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>
Knowing I had no chance to beat this person in a shootout, throwing any weird thing I could think of, even <font color="red">hit their balls when I could hit mine just to mix them up.....</font color> ,...... <hr /></blockquote>

That's not only bad strategy, it's just plain wrong....IMO

Wally_in_Cincy
06-25-2003, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr>
...I am a boy who is in a wheelchair due to the accident. ...<hr /></blockquote>

That's bad karma, especially the way you drive /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-25-2003, 09:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> This whole thread seems crazy to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif This is just another display of Bluewolf screwing with her game. I am slowly beginning to understand that BW is probably not ever going to move to the next level. Her mind keeps getting in the way. She might possibly be an sl2 lifer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BW, try this. Go to the table and quit thinking and just play pool. Whether you think this is some video playing in your head or you only see the game in pictures, who cares. Just play and quit worrying about what you might be doing to the other players head.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

You may want to save this somewhere for another bluewolf thread.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-25-2003, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

....And <font color="red">I am talking about beating better players, sometimes players 3 skill levels ahead of me </font color> , by getting inside of their heads and messing with them so bad, they started making mistakes they almost never make and playing bad. .....<hr /></blockquote>

So how many 5's have you beaten now?

Ross
06-25-2003, 10:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Holy mackerel!! Bluewolf posts and Silverbullet responds! I don't think I understand all I know about this. This is spooky . . . .

Where is that guy from the laughing academy? <hr /></blockquote>

MPD?

eg8r
06-25-2003, 10:36 AM
BW what are you talking about? And what is up with all those mean faces. I guess I have struck a chord.

I understand plenty. You have gained knowledge, however by all of your overwhelming posts, you have shown very little advancement. Sure this takes time, however you do not even give it time. If a light in your head pops on, you immeadiately start making changes and posting to the board every single minute detail.

Why would you think for one reason a perfectly legitimate move (safe) is a bad way of sharking? Because Fast (mouth) Lare told you so. Give it a rest. If the shot is legal and you do not use it to give yourself the advantage then you might as well give up. If you do not want to win the game enough, inspite of making your opponent lose his weak concentration over some safe you just shot, then quit playing. And by all means, you do not have to post your decision. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Qtec
06-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Lighten up . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

eg8r
06-25-2003, 02:20 PM
I hear ya. Maybe I should. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Keith Talent
06-25-2003, 02:54 PM
You were right. Thread is totally nuts. It's like BW wants a pat on the back for driving her opponents, and everybody else at league night, insane. Reading the thread is almost as bad as having to be in that type of game! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shaka
06-26-2003, 04:38 PM
When you stop playing the table and start playing the opponent is what I consider sharking. However there is such a fine line and its difficult to spot whether a shot is considered sharking or not. For example Person A has a bad table and knows their opponent could get out if given a chance. So A starts to tie up opponents balls and play safe(s) to get BIH(s) to improve their table and hopefully win.

Another example, Person S knows their opponent is shooting hot and starts tieing up balls to slow down opponent's game. Or purposely plays safe as they can see opponent is getting frustrated when they would normally go for it.

Another example Person A starts to take longer on each shot as it gets harder to make each pot, or Person A knew they missed the last shot because the rushed it and suddenly takes longer. Whereas Person S starts to take longer to throw off the pace of the opponent. Both could have executed the same shot exactly but their intentions were different and only they would really know it.

When a person is still shooting and at the table it may not be obvious if there is any sharking involved unlike when a person is not at the table.

-------------------------------------

bluewolf
06-27-2003, 03:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

Lighten up . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, but Ed gave me the boot and it worked.Just boiled that Taurus blood right over.

Got safed myself last night. LOL. Shoe on the other foot kind of thing. I am done here, just back to sinking balls as many hours a day as I can and trying to do the most perfect fundamentals I can.

Laura