PDA

View Full Version : For DFW and Texas and any other nearby CCBers

SPetty
06-24-2003, 03:41 PM
I originally sent this as email to some local CCBers, but then it dawned on me that I don't have the email addresses for some others (jbullerjr, etc.), there might be some others not real close that might be looking for a weekend getaway (from Austin, Houston, OK) and didn't want to copy and paste the same thing into PM after PM after PM, so I hope you don't mind that I'm posting this invitation here.

At the horrible risk of the public humiliation of having no one take me up on it:

Please come play pool and/or swim in the ool (There's no P in my pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) at PettyPoint on Saturday, July 5.

Ken "rackmup" Kingan will cook for us, because he's bragged enough about his cooking and there's no way that anyone is going to be forced to work on the July 4th holiday weekend and he's fresh out of other excuses! Well, he hasn't actually agreed to that, but I figger just saying it will rile him up enough to get a response!

We also have to say "So Long" to eg8r, as he and his wife are moving back to Florida soon. At least I think that's still happening - haven't heard anything since the interview, eg8r...

You're more than welcome to spend the night in the guest room upstairs if you don't want to drive back that late. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let me know!

eg8r
06-24-2003, 06:21 PM
I believe I have that Saturday free. If Ken is going to be roasting, I cannot think of a better place to be.

The interview went well, we are waiting un-patiently on an offer letter. Should hear something this week.

eg8r

rackmup
06-25-2003, 04:40 AM
SPetty,

While I would be honored to play at Petty Point Pool Hall and cook for everyone as well, I may be out of town that weekend. I will know more as the date draws closer.

As for Ed moving to Florida...don't count on it. Although he didn't list me as a reference, I did manage to contact the party that interviewed him and although they did have a previous working relationship, I must say the gentleman was shocked to hear:

Ed is now dancing at a male strip club.
Has ballooned to over 700 lbs. on his "Hostess Twinkie Diet".
Was arrested for running nude through the Galleria Mall, his body painted a shade of Simonis green with his "cue" in hand and the "two and nine ball" boldly displayed, all the while shouting "Play Pool at Petty Point! It's the bomb-dizzle!"
A reported interview with "The National Enquirer" (scheduled for print in July) regarding his sexual escapades with an "alien-like figure from Pluto" during his college days while at a fraternity hazing.

Yep...Ed is going NO PLACE soon.

Regards,

Ken

PoolFool
06-25-2003, 11:01 AM
My wife's family has a cabin rented at Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs. All of her brothers and sisters are going to be there. It's a shame we can't go but I've got to be at SPetty's pool room on the 5th. Come on Ken, get your priorities in order.

pooljunkie73
06-25-2003, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> SPetty,

reported interview with "The National Enquirer" (scheduled for print in July) regarding his sexual escapades with an "alien-like figure from Pluto" during his college days while at a fraternity hazing. <hr /></blockquote>

That would be Patrick? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
just jokin' guys......no offense /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
06-25-2003, 12:35 PM
Well SPetty, just forget about all those light weights making excuses about why they've got to be some place different that day. Only one that has a real and believable excuse is Spiderman, so the rest of y'all can quit waffling around unless you too can come up with a broken hand too!!!sid

eg8r
06-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Ken, that is touching. I did not know you would go to such great lengths to keep me here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually, I do like the twinkie diet, however Heather might kill me first. As far as running nude through the Galleria...ARE YOU CRAZY!!! It is freezing in there over near the Ice skating rink. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Might look like a telescopic cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

eg8r

eg8r
06-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Hey now, give me some credit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif My alien is a blonde female.

eg8r

pooljunkie73
06-25-2003, 01:14 PM
lmao....ok eg8r /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SPetty
06-25-2003, 03:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Only one that has a real and believable excuse is Spiderman...<hr /></blockquote>I'm still trying to goad him into coming... This could be one of those oft-talked-about "blessings in disguise" - the perfect opportunity for Spiderman to perfect his use of the mechanical bridge!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How about it, Spidey?

SpiderMan
06-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Well, not only do I have a playing problem, but also a transportation problem until I get another vehicle. I just got my settlement check today, and I lose the provided rent car on Friday. Not sure when I will be able to pull the clutch on my bike, either.

I'll be spending the weekend(s) car-shopping for now.

SpiderMan

SPetty
07-02-2003, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> At the horrible risk of the public humiliation of having no one take me up on it:

Please come play pool and/or swim in the ool (There's no P in my pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) at PettyPoint on Saturday, July 5.<hr /></blockquote>Well, just to make my humiliation extremely public, I must report publicly that I am extremely humiliated.

rackmup was finally able to invent a semi-plausible excuse about going out of town...

Spiderman, even though he already bought a new truck, didn't come up with anything other than a car shopping excuse...

randyg's out of town...

There is no excuse for Sid_Vicious...

e8gr put forth a valid excuse for OnePocketChamp, although I haven't heard from OPC directly...

I think eg8r is coming, although I really don't know for sure.

PoolFool is planning to come. He's a party animal! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Michelle may come, but she may have an opportunity to earn more money by not coming...

I haven't heard from any other local or semi-local CCBers.

SPetty~~~Good thing I have other friends! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
07-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Well, if there is only going to be 1 or 2 people then I probably will not be coming. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I really am sorry about this, but it is a LONG drive and my wife has trouble getting excited about playing pool all day.

I will promise you this...Before I leave I will come over to play some pool. I love your pool room and your hospitality and will not pass it up before I leave. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
07-02-2003, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if there is only going to be 1 or 2 people then I probably will not be coming. <hr /></blockquote>

OK everybody , you can go now, have fun . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SPetty
07-02-2003, 01:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Well, if there is only going to be 1 or 2 people then I probably will not be coming. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I really am sorry about this, but it is a LONG drive and my wife has trouble getting excited about playing pool all day.<hr /></blockquote>There's going to be plenty of people, just a few of them are CCBers. There's also a few non-pool-players to help keep Heather company, plus, of course, the irresistible 16' X 32' swimming pool...

I appreciate that it's a long drive. Really, I do.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Sounds like this would be a good weekend for me to live 971 miles closer to Texas /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Wally~~likes pool and pools

eg8r
07-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Hey, now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually, I don't think we spend too much time chatting about the CCB when we are together. Why waste time with stuff we have read already? I speak for myself, but what goes on here on the Non-pool related board is only an opinion and it does not affect friendship at all. We are adults here and we can discuss stuff without losing friendship over it (I think /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif So good so far).

eg8r

Rod
07-02-2003, 01:41 PM
Wally,
I have a pool, just no pool table. Just checking the map it is 1065 miles to Dallas. I just though up an address there. I picked 2450 Elm Street. I have directions to get there and it's only a 16 hour drive. LOL Now to get where I'm going might take another 3 hours. I hate city traffic, I think I'll just stay home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

The strength of the drive is in the driver
The strength of the driver is pooped out.

Vapros
07-02-2003, 10:45 PM
What a great and gracious hostess you must be! I've seen nothing but good words for you on this board.

Your comment on your pool was good. Many years ago at a swimming party in Camaguey, Cuba I noted this sign on the fence at the pool: POR FAVOR, NO PIPI IN LA AGUA. I spoke no Spanish, but I could read that.