PDA

View Full Version : Accu-Stats Invitational 8-Ball

Wally_in_Cincy
03-30-2002, 11:07 AM
I got my first tape yesterday. Roger Griffis v. Mika. The only misses I recall were due to the players getting used to the tight pockets on the Diamond Smart Table. What a wonderful thing to see the game played at that level.

I guess a lot of players diss 8-ball as a banger's game and I don't understand why. I contend that running a rack of 8-ball, with all that trafic, is harder than running a rack of 14.1. Of course in 14.1 the transition to the next rack is much harder than just snapping the next rack of 8-ball.

One of the Valley Forge attendees (Sorry I can't remember who) had watched the men pros play and remarked "So that's the way that game is supposed to be played" I'm looking forward to those tapes coming out.

Later,

03-30-2002, 01:59 PM
i agree. i think 8-ball is an excellent game and the players at the invitational played it very well. i happened to be there for all the matches and one of the games that got the audience going was efren vs. troy frank with all their safety play. it was fun watching all the pros.

03-31-2002, 11:34 AM
I finaly found somebody who cares about 8 ball. I believe that 8 ball is a much harder game than 9 ball due to the strategies involved in 8 ball. No offense guys, but 9 ball is a no-brainer game. Please don't get me wrong, in 8 ball there is a touch of creativity which does not exist in 9 ball. In 8 ball you have to address the balls in certain way in order to run out, and there is several right way to do that. But in 9 ball there is only one way to run the rack because you are restricted to pocket the balls in numerical order. Just my opinion.