PDA

View Full Version : mixed apa teams

dmgwalsh
06-25-2003, 05:25 AM
I played my first leaugue game last night for an APA team. When I came home my wife wanted to know how many women were on the team. When I told her they were all women except for me she was less than pleased to think I was gonna be spending my Tuesday nights in a bar with 4 women playing pool every Tuesday.

How do other members deal with this or avoid this?

bluewolf
06-25-2003, 05:42 AM
All in our area are mixed except for a very few that are all women teams. In our area, 3/4 or so of the players are men. I am the only woman on our team. I do not notice this unless someone brings it up.

pooltchr
06-25-2003, 06:06 AM
Invite her to join the team. It worked for me. My wife and I both work full time, and league night is our chance to get out of the house together and just chill out.

Kato
06-25-2003, 06:18 AM
Bring her along, ease her mind. I would think that trust is an important part in any relationship.

Kato

cheesemouse
06-25-2003, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> I played my first leaugue game last night for an APA team. When I came home my wife wanted to know how many women were on the team. When I told her they were all women except for me she was less than pleased to think I was gonna be spending my Tuesday nights in a bar with 4 women playing pool every Tuesday.

How do other members deal with this or avoid this? <hr /></blockquote>

dmgwalsh,

You are absolutely, unequivocally, expressly and w/o ambiguouity screwed..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ....you can look your wife in the eye while she tells you "that's ok honey, I trust you, you just go ahead and enjoy yourself" and you will tell yourself 'boy, am I the luckiest guy in the world or what?'...then slowly but surely little things in your wonderful world will begin to change with hardly a notice on your part;;;;;;THEN!!!!!!!BOOM...your life is turned upside down never to be the same again till you are reborn into another life........... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

.....I am just kidding. I think she will be pleased that you have found some new friends...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

06-25-2003, 06:41 AM
I don't have that problem, I am not married. As long as you are coming home to your old lady every night right after the league is over I can't see how she can have much of a problem. If you come rollin in at 4am lookin like you have been road hard and put up wet, then she has a problem.

dmgwalsh
06-25-2003, 11:58 AM
came in at 11:00 p.m. a few sheets to the wind.

Fred Agnir
06-25-2003, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> came in at 11:00 p.m. a few sheets to the wind. <hr /></blockquote> ... reciting their names over and over...

Fred &lt;~~~ I'll take you home, again, Kathleen...

dmgwalsh
06-25-2003, 01:26 PM
There were a couple that were kind of cute. I don't think I mumbled anything in my sleep. Maybe since she slept in the other room last night I'm safe.

jjinfla
06-25-2003, 03:11 PM
There ain't no way you are going to win this one. Especially if the girls are not married, and that is not even necessary. Get prepared to start spending big bucks on the "little woman" to keep her happy. And don't even think about car pooling. Remember, your wife is a woman. That means she knows how conniving, deceitful, ruthless, women can be. And if somehow you should happen to get lipstick on your clothes. Well, you might as well bend over and kiss...well you know the rest. because you are toast. LOL Good Luck. Jake

SpiderMan
06-25-2003, 04:22 PM
Why not just encourage her to have a weekly night out with some guys? Does she like to dance?

OK, in all seriousness I'm currently avoiding your problem by not being married. This does, however, have offsetting disadvantages.

SpiderMan

dmgwalsh
06-26-2003, 04:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Why not just encourage her to have a weekly night out with some guys? <hr /></blockquote>

That was mentioned. Maybe I'll look for another team.

Rich R.
06-26-2003, 06:01 AM
As others have said, get your wife to join. If she doesn't want to join, take her along and let her get to know the ladies on your team. Make sure she knows there is an open invitation for her to go along with you any time she wants.

If none of this works, YOUR SCREWED .
Quit pool and take up quilting.
Well, maybe not quilting, that involves women too, but you know what I mean. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ralph S.
06-26-2003, 06:26 AM
Just make sure they have your new favorite song on the jukebox... "Kiss This" by Aarron Tippin. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
06-26-2003, 07:17 AM
Tut, Tut , Tut.
Here,s a few tips.

You should have had your story all worked out before you went home . That was the first mistake.
Only tell the truth when you absolutely have to .
When having to tell the truth , be as 'economical' as possible with it.

eg. Lets say your team members are Cynthia , Debbie [ who has huge t-ts] and the real hotie , drop dead gorgeous Joanna.

So when your wife asks you who is on the team , you look her in the eye and say with every ounce of conviction you can muster,

Well there,s Cyd , Big D and JO the cannibal [ maneater ].

Simple. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

pooltchr
06-26-2003, 09:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

eg. Lets say your team members are Cynthia , Debbie [ who has huge t-ts] and the real hotie , drop dead gorgeous Joanna.

So when your wife asks you who is on the team , you look her in the eye and say with every once of conviction you can muster,

Well there,s Cyd , Big D and JO the cannibal [ maneater ].

Simple. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>
This sounds like the voice of experience!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif