PDA

View Full Version : Anybody play this shot the same way?

Qtec
06-26-2003, 06:18 AM
I dont like to roll the Qb the length of the table . In this position I just play with a lot of top . The Qb comes of the rail ,still with top spin and stops dead for the 9.[ pos A]
START(
%AD0Z7%ID3J6%KJ8_1%Pr6N3%QH1V0%WE5Y8%Xp7N7%_H4X1%` H1X5%aC8Y0

)END

Qtec.

MarkUrsel
06-26-2003, 07:05 AM
I prefer to just hit it soft enough that it won't come back out very far.

cheesemouse
06-26-2003, 07:17 AM
Qtec,

This is a very usefull shot to have in your quiver of shots in particular on playing equiptment where you don't trust the roll of the surface. You don't have to know why the cb will come out and stop just that it does. If you hit this shot with the ob at different distances from the pocket you will find the little zone where the 'high and hold it' effect will still work.....when you start to vary the power of the stroke with different englishes you can even use the shot for breakouts and such.....fun shot too mess with when your bored..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
06-26-2003, 07:24 AM
Its all about not trusting the table .

I love this one , its looks great but anybody can play it .
Q

START(
%AD8D5%ID2G7%KJ8_1%PK6R0%QC3L3%WE7E3%XK0P9%eA7`3%_ E6K9%`H0H5
%aE8C7
)END

Fred Agnir
06-26-2003, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I dont like to roll the Qb the length of the table . In this position I just play with a lot of top . The Qb comes of the rail ,still with top spin and stops dead for the 9.[ pos A]
START(
%AD0Z7%ID3J6%KJ8_1%Pr6N3%QH1V0%WE5Y8%Xp7N7%_H4X1%` H1X5%aC8Y0

)END

Qtec. <hr /></blockquote>Depends on the situation, I suppose, but this is certainly one of the standard shots to choose from.

Fred

CrispyFish
06-26-2003, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MarkUrsel:</font><hr> I prefer to just hit it soft enough that it won't come back out very far. <hr /></blockquote>
That only works if the table is perfectly level and the cloth is clean. I played a very similar shot on Tuesday night, and imagine my horror as the cue ball veered left and kissed into the pocket. It was a level, center hit, so it was definitely the table.

Qtec, thanks for pointing out that shot -- I'll definitely try to remember it the next time this situation arises!

If you have room for it, drag draw would be another option on an untrusted table.

cycopath
06-26-2003, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CrispyFish:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MarkUrsel:</font><hr> I prefer to just hit it soft enough that it won't come back out very far. <hr /></blockquote>
That only works if the table is perfectly level and the cloth is clean. I played a very similar shot on Tuesday night, and imagine my horror as the cue ball veered left and kissed into the pocket. It was a level, center hit, so it was definitely the table.

<hr /></blockquote>I've done that exact same thing. Not once but twice during a single game. Missed the shot early in the game, due to table roll. And then later on the eight ball I did the same thing again, due to table roll. Giving my opponent ball in hand twice. Ouch!

Rod
06-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Yep, it's a good shot if you don't know how the table rolls. With the ball that deep it would need little speed. This shot is often shot to hard, hit it a little fat and the c/b bounces off the rail and follows back into the pocket. Really works well on newer cloth, with little speed.

I shot one yesterday, the ball was at least 6" out, I hit it a little more firm. There fun shots to play with at different angles.

Rod