PDA

View Full Version : Limb Saver X-1

nAz
06-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Has anyone tried this out yet?

I have hit baseballs with a bat that had this stuff built into it and i did feel less vibration (hand sting) then a bat with out it. Wonder if it legal in MLB (Sammy)

This is what they claim on their website:

"The new LimbSaver X-1 is the greatest innovation in cue stick technology since the leather tip. Whether you are an enthusiast or a pro, the LimbSaver X-1 is a must have!

Cue Stick Vibration can cause the tip to wander, greatly decreasing accuracy. The LimbSaver? X-1 Cue Stick Stabilizer keeps the tip on the ball longer!

By keeping the tip on the ball longer, the LimbSaver? X-1 provides:
Consistent English
Controlled spin
Accurate position on your next shot
Dampens the vibration of your cue stick
Enhanced energy during your break
Gives a solid feel
Improvement on your overall game"

Diameter:
1.125"
Height:
1.0625"
Weight:
approx. .7 oz.
MSRP:
$29.95 & up

do not know about that Price.

SPetty
06-26-2003, 01:02 PM
http://www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/svlproducts/billiards/billiards.aspx

When Fred posted this a week or so ago, their web site hadn't been fully updated with this billiards thing yet.

http://www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/svlproducts/billiards/images/x1part.jpg

nAz
06-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Sorry Fred. Thanks Spetty, I will have to search for that link. still does anyone have it?

SPetty
06-26-2003, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I will have to search for that link<hr /></blockquote>???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Um, the one I just posted? You don't have to search too far...

Or did you mean Fred's original post?

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=84923&amp;page=&amp;vie w=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

highsea
06-26-2003, 02:16 PM
Oh, yeah...think I'll get me one of those laser sight cues and mount one of these gizmos on the butt, head down to the ph, and get me some ACTION! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM

UWPoolGod
06-26-2003, 02:29 PM
LOL let me know when you do...I want to go point and laugh at you. HEHE Just make sure it is one of the cues with floating pool balls inside and mount the laser to that one...preferable where the water area is. LOL

Rod
06-26-2003, 02:45 PM
I needed one of these when I hit a 1 Iron off the first tee at 6am in the winter. LOL You know it would or could help with vibration on a cue. I don't buy into it helping with shotmaking, english, position etc. The ball is long gone before then. I don't see a way, not to mention the huge amount of weight. The only way is remove the weight screw if it weighs that much. Now the balance point is a little farther back and the cue feels different. I personally have never had a problem with the signal from my cues, and my right arm/joints are still in very good cond. IMO it's a gimic that would help few playing pool.

Golf clubs now have grips that do the same and sensicore steel shafts that dampen. Many players just use graphite and that in itself dampens off center hits.

~~~ rod, doesn't need dampened /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nAz
06-27-2003, 12:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I will have to search for that link<hr /></blockquote>???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Um, the one I just posted? You don't have to search too far...

Or did you mean Fred's original post?

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=84923&amp;page=&amp;vie w=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1 <hr /></blockquote>

Ya the origianl post, thanks girl /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JoePickens
06-27-2003, 05:30 PM
I wonder why Grady hasn't said anything here yet? After all, he said it is the greatest improvement of anything he has seen in the last 20 years.