PDA

View Full Version : ...drooling at billiardcue.com

UWPoolGod
06-26-2003, 02:35 PM
Man does the owner of that site actually have all of those cues? I mean..he had to have spent a fortune on all of them. But then again I guess he is trying to make a fortune with some of the prices on there. Did like some of the designs on a few...even some makers I had never heard of. My cue is almost finished...about two more weeks. Saw it the other day and I can't wait. Still doesn't stop me for checking out the cues on eBay and the net though...man I wish I had a lot of money LOL.

Todd

Rod
06-26-2003, 02:51 PM
Dick Abott has most of those cues on consignment. I emailed him a couple of days ago about selling my cue. Nice guy and he does know cues well. He makes a commission on the sales etc, I imagine if anyone wanted to make an offer he would contact the owner of the cue. I'm sure many have been sold it that manner.

Rod

UWPoolGod
06-26-2003, 03:04 PM
That is the way to do it I guess. Makes it easy if he doesn't have to touch the cues himself and worry about damage. I was going to say, if he had all of those cues in one place he had better have a state of the art security system. Is a good idea for a site though. Even if it could be a little brighter.

rukiddingme
06-26-2003, 04:53 PM
Out of curiosity what kind of cue are you getting UW?
Who is the maker?...we need all the details...inquiring minds want to know... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I suffer from cueitis...a very very expensive disease /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ruk

Rod
06-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Oh no to my knowledge he has the cues. You have to send the cue in, get it evaluated and he takes the photos. He markets the cue for you at a price.

Rod

Barbara
06-26-2003, 05:29 PM
You're just drooling?? Dick Abbott has got some great stuff, but also check out http://www.classiccues.com/cues/cues_index.htm for some of the best one-of-a-kind cues you'll ever see.

Mark Kulungian also has probably the largest private collection of Balabushkas in the world.

Barbara~~~has seen some of these Balabushkas, too... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
06-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Its a local maker that is a friend of mine. Larry Schavè, has sold about 25 cues this year in his spare time. Hit hard like a Southwest. Cheap since I know him and only taking 3 months instead of 6 years.

UWPoolGod
06-26-2003, 05:49 PM
I'll get some pics up when I get it finished

dg-in-centralpa
06-26-2003, 07:02 PM
Barbara - I agree with you on Mark. I drool at his stand during Valley Forge every year. Just hopin' that someday I can afford a Balabushka. Dick Abbott also has some great cues.

DG - someday I'll own a Balabushka

rukiddingme
06-27-2003, 01:46 PM
UWPG
I look forward to seeing a picture of your cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
As soon as I get a digital camera (can't afford that now cause I've overindulged in cues /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif) I'll put up pictures of my Schuler, Tragger and Sailor. I'm starting to save up for a Blackheart.
ruk

UWPoolGod
06-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Yeah I posted a while back about pictures of people on CCB's cues. Here is the link to the archives. I will get mine up shortly.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=72219&page=&vie w=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1